[2.2] 100% chaos ICE TRAPPER - UBER down (T15 Abyss Double Boss fight in 10 sec!!)

Nice little belt I found on poe.trade for 19c :) decent life and resists with strength !
Really nice build, i have made something similar but my dps still isnt 60k as on your screen. I have same gear, same jewels and tree. My ice trap dps with frenzy / power charges has only 48k dps (atziri flask included), what is strange with same gems my ice trap takes 101 mana instead of 109. Could you check my profile and tell me how can i improve my damage more?
Could you mention which big nodes / clusters to go for first? Something like a 40 points tree and an 80 points tree
"
zankioh wrote:
Could you mention which big nodes / clusters to go for first? Something like a 40 points tree and an 80 points tree

Everyone will have different leveling styles.

Personally I leveled with 6-link Bladefall in a Tabula until I was able to equip dual Consuming Darks.

So for me, I took all the life nodes in the Ice Trap tree I was planning on using and all the mana nodes; I still had mana issues and took some off-tree mana nodes just for leveling with Bladefall.

I then took the basic skeleton of the tree - that is all the traversal nodes leading up to the trap nodes. I also took the Acrobatics nodes somewhere in this process.

Then, as I was nearing the point where I'd switch to Ice Trap, I bee-lined Clever Construction.

I put off ascension until I switched to traps; but once you switch to traps, ascend as soon as possible to pick up Chain Reaction (requires 4 ascension passives which means you can do Normal and Cruel ascension, putting off Merciless if you want).

From this point I filled out some trap damage nodes but felt incredibly squishy. So I decided to go Dual Curse, picking up Whispers of Doom until I was able to purchase a decent +1 curse amulet.

From there I took 4 jewel nodes.

And now, I'm just picking up damage nodes from here on out.
=======
Anyhow, that's how I leveled; but whatever works for you is fine.

If you do decide to level non-trap, make sure to level trap gems so that they're ready when you switch over to traps.

Also, if you can afford quality Ice Trap gems (say 15 or more quality), it's going to be worth your while leveling 7 of these from the very start. Once they hit level 20, quality them up and Vaal them. This will give you 7 chances of getting a level 21 Ice Trap without having to level the gems twice (once to 20 to trade for 20 quality and a second time to hit 20/20).

Since Vaaling +1 level is about a 1 in 6 proposition, you'll have fairly good odds of getting a 21/20 with 7 chances.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 6, 2016, 9:47:54 PM
HI nice build that you have. I had the same idea in going chaos damage but couldnt figure out how to make it all work until I found your build. I have all the same gear most of it is almost perfect and lvl 94, I just cant figure out where I dont get the damage from like you do. I dont have the enchantment and I didnt get the other power change from merc. Would that drop my damage from par to yours?
"
CplGhost wrote:
HI nice build that you have. I had the same idea in going chaos damage but couldnt figure out how to make it all work until I found your build. I have all the same gear most of it is almost perfect and lvl 94, I just cant figure out where I dont get the damage from like you do. I dont have the enchantment and I didnt get the other power change from merc. Would that drop my damage from par to yours?

Please post your gear, your passive tree and let us know what your DPS is.
Hi, Would like to check, what will you drop for 5L?
TY for posting this guide.
What gem should I drop if I have a 5 link carcass ?
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Vendetta wrote:
What gem should I drop if I have a 5 link carcass ?

Tabula is better than 5l carcass. There is no point in swapping before you get 6L carcass.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
"
Relivator wrote:
what would be the 5l setup?

-ice trap
-cluster traps
-elemental focus
-trap and mine dmg
-controlled destruction
-void manipulation

5th link is Controlled Dest (lvl 20 44% More)
6th is Void Manip (lvl 20 39% more)

greetings

For those who want to know.

Drop Void Mani.
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info