[2.4]Animate Weapon Summoner. 2 BUILDS! Poison OR Elemental - Max Block, EB/MoM. Atziri Video!

main skill -
Aw+ Wed+ Minion dmg+Melee splash+ Minion Speed
damage is sufficient, but a lot of time minion in a way to target- not better use Minion speed? (+2 from femur)
"
Gorjkee wrote:
main skill -
Aw+ Wed+ Minion dmg+Melee splash+ Minion Speed
damage is sufficient, but a lot of time minion in a way to target- not better use Minion speed? (+2 from femur)

I've never really been a big fan of Minion Speed. You get a decent amount of it from 20% on Animate Weapon. Plus with Convocation you can make your minions behave if they're going somewhere you don't want them to go.

I think you'd be better off with Increased Duration. 84 seconds vs 112 seconds is a lot of animated weapons.

It might be ok in the Femur/Victario build, but in my new build I am testing out (At the bottom of this thread) I wouldn't use it.
IGN: PortiaDeRossi
Whats the skill tree path order? btw WOW build :D
"
cocas12345 wrote:
Whats the skill tree path order? btw WOW build :D

I'll be completely honest, I did not level as this build. I used 2 characters with respecs in standard to fiddle with the gear and tree until I got something that I liked and felt good.

I would probably level as a caster/SRS until 68, where we can use Alpha's/Rathpith and transition into the actual build.

I would prioritize heading for the Aura clusters as you need all of three them in order to reserve the 3 auras.

Minion damage / Skill Duration would be low priority until we respec'd so you can avoid pathing down past Elemental Equilibrium until you transition into Animate Weapon.

Sanctity/Retribution in the Templar area are probably going to be the last things you path towards as you approach higher levels.

You probably shouldn't spec into EB/MOM until you transition at 68 as well.

Keep in mind again though that I haven't actually gone through the leveling process for this build. What I can tell you is that it works pretty well at 90, I haven't died in quite a while.
I uploaded a video of the new build and I will try to upload more when Path of Exile decides to behave more.
Love the build but i would make some tweaks based on my own version of the build.

I run a build very similar to yours but i have built mine around plaing in a group. (i also solo but mainly i group play)

The main difference i have is i run Hatred, Haste, Anger and Wrath on Generosity. I feel this adds much more damage to my weapons. On top of that i add frenzy charges to all my minions (and allies).

I dont really feel the need to run Haste off of generosity since i feel we have plenty of move speed as it is as necromancers. With flask and Vaal Haste (almost 100% uptime) im at 162% move speed. If i move any faster i have a hard time controlling my character.

Because i use Auras on my chest i only run a 4L Animate weapon. Due to this i loose melee splash. I dont really feel it is needed as i also run a 4L with SRS that does use melee spash. In general however i never need more area clear as my group mates take care of that, i am there to buff them and kill single targets (which 50-70 weapons do very well).

With my buffs i tripple the damage of each of my allies (they run 1:Voltaxic 2:EK 3: Arc). Because of this i can focus on single target damage. I also got lucky on my helm enchant allowing for even more single target dps. =P

When soloing, I would also add that having an SRS set up as extra really makes the beginning of maps much easier. No Need to bring weapons with you, just SRS until you have 30-40 weapons up and then there is no more Need for SRS. It also helps on bosses that are minion Killers like malformation Piety, if all your weapons die at least you can still down her with SRSs.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by craaazylegs on Mar 21, 2016, 6:30:48 AM
Hello,
I started playing last week and I am following your build since then. I am lvl 60 and I love it. I am using Femur and Victario (sadly you removed all information about that build :( )
Your new build seems expensive for me and not very viable for the moment, even at lvl 70.

I understand you keep 100% uptime on Vaal Haste in map with alot of density, but I can't do that when questing. Would you recommend Haste ? Do you still use Enlighten and Clarity ?

How does Elemental equilibrium works ? Doing Fire/lightning/cold damage will grant ennemies with 25% Fire/lightning/cold and -50% Fire/lightning/cold for a permanent -25% resist to fire/ligthning/cold ?

I still play with SRS because it's hard to get many weapon in act map.
"
Hello,
I started playing last week and I am following your build since then. I am lvl 60 and I love it. I am using Femur and Victario (sadly you removed all information about that build :( )
Your new build seems expensive for me and not very viable for the moment, even at lvl 70.

I understand you keep 100% uptime on Vaal Haste in map with alot of density, but I can't do that when questing. Would you recommend Haste ? Do you still use Enlighten and Clarity ?

How does Elemental equilibrium works ? Doing Fire/lightning/cold damage will grant ennemies with 25% Fire/lightning/cold and -50% Fire/lightning/cold for a permanent -25% resist to fire/ligthning/cold ?

I still play with SRS because it's hard to get many weapon in act map.

I will PM you the old build with Femur/Viictario's. I'll also see about re-adding it to the thread here, it was just taking up a lot of space in editing.

You should continue to use SRS until you progress to end game Maps, as like you have noticed Animate Weapon doesn't function that well in regular areas without %quantity modifiers.

Definitely use haste, but when Questing I would save it for bosses. It helps them melt.

As for the Femur build, you could possibly go EB and remove the need for Clarity.

As for Elemental Equilibrium:

It is important to know that your minions will not apply it.

If you are using Hatred/Anger, your minions are dealing Physical, Fire and Cold damage.

So you would take a Lightning Spell such as arc, and use it on enemies. This would increase their lightning resistance by +25% but lower their resistances to the elemental damage your minions are dealing by 50%. Since minions don't apply Elemental Equilibrium, its taking off 50% of a monster's resistance to your damage. Its pretty nuts.

"
craaazylegs wrote:
Love the build but i would make some tweaks based on my own version of the build.

I run a build very similar to yours but i have built mine around plaing in a group. (i also solo but mainly i group play)

The main difference i have is i run Hatred, Haste, Anger and Wrath on Generosity. I feel this adds much more damage to my weapons. On top of that i add frenzy charges to all my minions (and allies).

I dont really feel the need to run Haste off of generosity since i feel we have plenty of move speed as it is as necromancers. With flask and Vaal Haste (almost 100% uptime) im at 162% move speed. If i move any faster i have a hard time controlling my character.

Because i use Auras on my chest i only run a 4L Animate weapon. Due to this i loose melee splash. I dont really feel it is needed as i also run a 4L with SRS that does use melee spash. In general however i never need more area clear as my group mates take care of that, i am there to buff them and kill single targets (which 50-70 weapons do very well).

With my buffs i tripple the damage of each of my allies (they run 1:Voltaxic 2:EK 3: Arc). Because of this i can focus on single target damage. I also got lucky on my helm enchant allowing for even more single target dps. =P

When soloing, I would also add that having an SRS set up as extra really makes the beginning of maps much easier. No Need to bring weapons with you, just SRS until you have 30-40 weapons up and then there is no more Need for SRS. It also helps on bosses that are minion Killers like malformation Piety, if all your weapons die at least you can still down her with SRSs.

Just my 2 cents.

About SRS:

I was using it too in my off hand to get myself going when starting maps, but the gem slots required were just too many for my taste.

You'd only have to visit a vendor once in your mapping chain and you'd be set. It is very much like prepping a Spectre summoner, except you can log out and not feel bad about it.

Last edited by Organics on Mar 21, 2016, 2:43:17 PM

CHANGELOG:

I switched out Hatred for Wrath, which means I had to switch out Arc for Ice Nova for Elemental Equilibrium.

Last edited by Organics on Mar 21, 2016, 11:21:43 PM
Additional Notes:

You should Mention that Quality on AW is Key, also Quality on Generosity is very good (also on Auras, but not that much).

Instead of Spelltotem+Ice Nova you can Use Freezing Pulse+GMP (Quality on FP is very good). You only need to apply EE once every few seconds, so continous casting is not that necessary.
It also tells you Minions to "go" where you cast. So you can control them a bit better.

For Curses, go for Elemental Weakness. Vulnerability is only the best Option if you play AW on Poison.

cheers
NurbelST Level 97 Low Life Animate Weapon (Standart)
DerNurbler Level 96 Low Life Animate Weapon (Talisman/Standart)
Animate_Weapon_for_Life (Essence)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info