[2.4] Pure SRS *Cheap* *Atziri* *Magic Find* *Endgame Viable*

"
Mazie wrote:
Has SRS been buffed or nerfed in 2.5?

Im contemplating either building this or a totem build for Breach.

Well it is a buff for less casting -> more dmg
but the area of affect is going down..

I'm deciding too between those two builds...
"
GiantGoomba wrote:

Mind letting me know what you end up picking, and the reason?
"
Mazie wrote:
"
GiantGoomba wrote:

Mind letting me know what you end up picking, and the reason?

Guess I'm going for SRS :D
Seems more fun.
"
GiantGoomba wrote:
"
Mazie wrote:

I think is a buff. While running around you will never cast the 50 SRS, therefore if u have only 20 with the dmg of 50, then it is a huge buff for clearing. You may even not need extra cast speed from the tree and you can use those points in survability or more jewels.

The area of effect... i did not understand that very well...
It's about the "cloud" of SRS being smaller and therefore seeing less targets per area?
Just move 1 meter closer and cast in 2 seconds the 20 SRSs :D
I'm thinking of using this build but it will get 2.5 update?
Last edited by JudasTheBetrayer on Nov 30, 2016, 9:19:25 PM
"
"
GiantGoomba wrote:
"
Mazie wrote:

I think is a buff. While running around you will never cast the 50 SRS, therefore if u have only 20 with the dmg of 50, then it is a huge buff for clearing. You may even not need extra cast speed from the tree and you can use those points in survability or more jewels.

The area of effect... i did not understand that very well...
It's about the "cloud" of SRS being smaller and therefore seeing less targets per area?
Just move 1 meter closer and cast in 2 seconds the 20 SRSs :D

About this, area of effect is lost forever, and we still dont know how much damage is buffed to the skull to compensate for that. I think its a complete nerf to the ground.

Doing some math with the base damage of the skulls. Taking in consideration of my build usin lvl 26 skulls.
Min dmg 523 max dmg 784 Average 653.5
average dmg with 50 skulls 32,675
average dmg with 20 skulls 13.070
average lost in nerf 19,605
AOE lost in nerf Invaluable, non recoverable

average dmg necessary to compensate for each skull - 979.5

If they come with a BS value below 1,633 avg damage for a skull lvl 26 SRS is gone for good. GG.

Last edited by bdplaya on Dec 1, 2016, 2:04:53 PM
This build still viable on 2.5 ?
"
This build still viable on 2.5 ?

Haven't seen firm confirmation but I'm at level 57 right now and it's doing really good DPS and smooth leveling as SSF at league start. Just did cruel lab pretty easily. I can stack 20 spirits with little cast speed and with cast speed they stack up in no time.
So far while mapping the new SRS feels really good in certain situations like rares and bosses. Able to pump out 20 SRS and then move feels really good.

However, I feel like the AI of the SRS should have been changed as well with the number drop, because sometimes all 20 SRS will randomly run off to kill some mob you can't even see while there are mobs in front of you that are a more pressing issue. In large groups it feels absolutely worse than before, but by their wording of the skill changes this is most likely what they were going for.
Last edited by Curtsie on Dec 4, 2016, 12:09:09 AM
I'm playing an SRS build for the first time and am at 67. So far the damage feels fine, the only time the skill has actively felt bad was when my dps wasn't quite enough for the breaches I was seeing. Killing the rares can be kind of difficult when your dps is low so I just got overwhelemed to the point where I was completely skipping them around late cruel. A 5L +1 fire gem staff made it feel a lot better so I'd recommend trying to get a 5L +1 fire up and running as soon as possible and not just wait until you can farm a 5L +2 in maps. I had the same targeting/AI issues Curtsie is mentioning and more dps seemed to help out the most.

You can keep up 20 spirits really easily once you ascend so most of the time you are just focusing on your offerings, elemental equilibrium skill, and movement. I'm definitely liking the build and even though I'm not experienced with the old SRS it's easily facerolling through the merciless and early map content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info