SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
miljan wrote:

I will answer that for you sweetheart. Yes it is acceptable.

First the content to get them is of extremely high level so 99% of people will not get it. It means also the developer don't need to balance their game around you having those two points

Second, its not a new mechanic. You will already have 6 points and use them for your class. This two points dont introduce anything new.

And last one is that its 2 points, is a very small number of 8 total points. Because you need only 4 point to get the most important passives that you go for. And you only need 2 to get the subclass and actually to use the new mechanic that is now core part of the game

Its higher level, we don't know how high level though, the only information we know is that you must complete trials inside of maps and the data mined information indicated the enchantments being level 75. We also know they are adding a new map but its a "red" white map, which doesn't indicate to me that its purpose is just for the lab, but rather it shares the same layout of something being added in this patch. (which can have to do with the league, not the lab)

So I don't think its correct to assume that so few people will get access to these ascendancy points.

The 2 points most def add something new, specifically to scion because the whole bypass class thing wasn't a big deal, now it is because it enables a character to min max the skill tree far more easily. Secondly, yes you could get the 2 additional points you are going to get, but you had to give up something to get them, now you don't. Your character isn't "complete" until you have them.

2\8 is 1\4th, its actually pretty substantial, I think it makes the most difference for scion, but the other classes, like pathfinder become MUCH better as well.

"
That is that if the two additional ascendancy points are tied to the tier 14 Plaza map then it is not really important. Very few characters even reach level 14 maps

And if its not tied to that map and is available at t7 or whatever ilevel 75+ is?

I doubt its only tied to that SPECIFIC map, that wouldn't really makes sense if you think about it.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:

Its higher level, we don't know how high level though, the only information we know is that you must complete trials inside of maps and the data mined information indicated the enchantments being level 75. We also know they are adding a new map but its a "red" white map, which doesn't indicate to me that its purpose is just for the lab, but rather it shares the same layout of something being added in this patch. (which can have to do with the league, not the lab)

So I don't think its correct to assume that so few people will get access to these ascendancy points.

The 2 points most def add something new, specifically to scion because the whole bypass class thing wasn't a big deal, now it is because it enables a character to min max the skill tree far more easily. Secondly, yes you could get the 2 additional points you are going to get, but you had to give up something to get them, now you don't. Your character isn't "complete" until you have them.

2\8 is 1\4th, its actually pretty substantial, I think it makes the most difference for scion, but the other classes, like pathfinder become MUCH better as well.

I am pretty sure that the lab will be of high level, and not a lot of people will do it. They already said it on videos it will be extremely hard content to do.

No 2 points dont add anything new. That is not a new mechanic in the game that you need to finish the lab in map to unlock it. Its just more point that you get for reword. Saying your character is not complete until you get them is false, because you have max of 100 level, it doesnt mean your character is not complete on level 80 as he will miss 20 more passive points and similar.

Still its just 25% for a very small group of people that will complete it. So, your suggestion is actually good. And would work without problems
Last edited by miljan on May 20, 2016, 2:59:26 PM
Since we are answering hypothetical questions, let me ask this:

If next patch GGG said fuck it, we first person shooter now like borderlands (which the wiki states as an arpg) and a thread like this were created. Would the same people come here and say "Yea sure, i mean you had to aim with the mouse before so there is not much difference in the gameplay, but the lore, don't touch the lore or i'll cut you!"?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on May 20, 2016, 3:08:07 PM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
Since we are answering hypothetical questions, let me ask this:

If next patch GGG said fuck it, we first person shooter now like borderlands (which the wiki states as an arpg) and a thread like this were created. Would the same people come here and say "Yea, sure i mean you had to aim with the mouse before so there is not much difference in the gameplay, but the lore, don't touch the lore or i'll cut you!"?

Probably not, it would no longer be an isometric arpg. The laby doesn't change that.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
And what if it was isometric until the part of the new patch starts?
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
And what if it was isometric until the part of the new patch starts?

I think a better question is...
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Turtledove wrote:
Dear fellow PoE players,

There are some people that dislike labyrinth. It doesn't make sense to me that some people that like labyrinth have such hatred and derision of us, just because we dislike labyrinth. Some seem so incensed that they have to belittle, ridicule and insult us. It really doesn't make sense. I really don't understand what you hope to accomplish by this mean behavior. There have been many that have quit playing PoE because of the labyrinth. This is just going to continue. Your mean behavior will just exasperate that problem.

You motherhubbards said I don't understand the english language when I asked about establishing a working definition for 'arpg'.

Let's just come back to reality for a second.

I was waiting for page 100 to do the thorough recap/takedown but I could give it a go earlier. Are you curious when and in what context Regulator first started calling people 'white knights'?

p.s. Oh look, goetz already said essentially the same thing. In before he gets insulted and trolled again?
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
Last edited by dickhole_mcghee on May 20, 2016, 3:24:51 PM
Are you saying that camera angle and lore is more important in a game than the gameplay itself?
"
goetzjam wrote:

"
That is that if the two additional ascendancy points are tied to the tier 14 Plaza map then it is not really important. Very few characters even reach level 14 maps

And if its not tied to that map and is available at t7 or whatever ilevel 75+ is?

I doubt its only tied to that SPECIFIC map, that wouldn't really makes sense if you think about it.

Based on existing content, white monsters would drop ilvl 75 at tier 8. I don't think the last two ascendancy points would be nearly as important as the first 6. The main problem with trap game play is that it is boring tedious and not fun for many people. The more players have to play content that they consider boring tedious and not fun the bigger the problem. The size of this problem is going to differ from person to person in a wide range. For example, many people have already quit PoE and more have quit since GGG didn't announce a change to Labyrinth yesterday, while others love the labyrinth.

It would make more sense to me if it was based on a specific map but I could see it going either way.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
miljan wrote:

"

Srsly, which parts of his post have nothing to do with reality? Use bullet points if necessary.

All of it. Every time he comes back he thinks of some new reason why it should not change (because last reasons he had where crushed every time). I mean the last thing I read because of lore or marketing...lool. I mean he could just say at this point, it should not change because he just doesnt want GGG to change it, as he doesnt have anything logical to say anymore.

Ok, ignoring for a second that much of what he's posted DOES have much to do with reality (and 'all of it' being such a lol/sightastic response)...

How on earth do you people come to the conclusion that he or me or whoever needs to find a reason it should not change? That's all sorts of fallaciously absurd. The onus is on you to make a compelling argument why it should change.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info