SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

death, taxes, and regulator trying to pass off his preferences as a fact.

seasons change, mad things rearrange/
but it all stays same like the love doctor strange
Last edited by grepman on Jul 20, 2017, 3:08:45 AM
"
Regulator wrote:

Or not, better keep talking about how we want power for free (for fucks shake like we want to rival and conquer the world with that power, we just want to fully enjoy and have fun with the game ffs ...)

hm, I want to have fun with the game
I hate excessive power - this is what makes the game not fun for me
I like the lab, and like that its mandatory if you want more power - more shit like that should be in the game imo

so, what do I do oh mighty regulator if they give tons of power and fuck over the lab ?

remember, my opinion is as important as yours and any time you resort to some bullshit collective/majority opinion, you lose your argument.

and.... go. this should be fun.
"
grepman wrote:
remember, my opinion is as important as yours and any time you resort to some bullshit collective/majority opinion, you lose your argument.

Sure, but when you are pulling "vocal minority" argument from your ass, is fine.
Also, yes the most posts about the Lab are negative. You may try to ignore it if you like. it does not change the fact.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Whenever i read this thread i am reminded of that someone who said:
"
And they said pvp is dead in this game.

I don't remember who it was, but that guy is a god among men.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
just finished uber lab with tabula vaal pact wanderfinder 3.9k hp, just to test how bad it is, because my view on this problem may be blurred by the fact i usually play overtanked regen characters.

no idea what are you crying about. i just had 2 quicksilver and 3 insta flasks for run and standard vinktar, diamond, basalt, oak for izaro.

git gud worthless hamsters.
No rest for the wicked
"
Regulator wrote:
[...]

And one more stupid analogy, of course.

Just to remind you, ~90%+ ( or 80%+ if you want, haven't measured everything obviously ) of the lab is like the rest of the game.

We are trying to be pragmatic, and compare the lab to the rest of the game as an example.
You lot are nothing but emotional, you seem incapable of being even slightly objective.

I stopped reading after your message became completely and blatantly antagonizing, it likely won't stay that way for long anyway.

"
grepman wrote:
30 years ago there were far better choice of games. and companies who made PC games made them for individuals with actual brain to problem solve, not like now where you have a choice of which colored popcorn the next fast food game is going to give you to chew on lazily. hell, the reason Ive played a ton of poe because it WASNT like other 'fun games'.

I think you got this backwards.

I feel that too, but we should not generalize too much, you are being a bit extreme imho.
There are still good games out there, that are not really falling into the "fast food" game category.

"
Nishrek wrote:

Sure, but when you are pulling "vocal minority" argument from your ass, is fine.
Also, yes the most posts about the Lab are negative. You may try to ignore it if you like. it does not change the fact.

You are the only one pulling something "out of your ass" here.
GGG has data, we don't (and that includes you, of course ), period.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 20, 2017, 4:31:21 AM
Guys, let's try to keep it civil here. Antagonising posts back and forth are just going to get you in trouble and will be removed anyway.

By all means share your thoughts, but do so with respect towards the rest, including those who strongly disagree with you.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
One of the big reasons why some don't see issues with the lab is because they have not experienced technical issues with the game. For example, I play from Canada and used to try Washington/Texas servers. Since I came back, those servers were jerky, spikes every 30 seconds or so that could last for up to a 15 seconds and everything felt very sluggish which of course is a big no-no when you deal with the traps in the lab.

Most by this point would assume my computer sucks or that my internet connection is bad. Yet I discovered something odd last night. A guildie offered to rush me on merc since I was undergeared but he was playing on Milan. Now I figured if it's crappy with spikes on Texas and Washington, might as well give it a try on Milan too since 100 MS might not kill me. Went there and surprise surprise, 15 ms just like on the 2 other gateways but 0 SPIKES. It was flawless.

During the course of the merc attempt I still ended up crashing twice with a ''game stopped responding'' while trying to enter specific map areas. What that taught me is the huge difference when you experience no spikes at all and flawless connection versus spikes constantly while trying for example mobs or traps. It's like night and day. I still note the 2 crashes which made the experience more frustrating overall and required more re-attempts .

Do I now think lab is easier than I thought? Yes. Do I believe that ascendancy points should still be moved on a different place of the game in form of grinding instead of this? Yes again.
"
andreicde wrote:
One of the big reasons why some don't see issues with the lab is because they have not experienced technical issues with the game. For example, I play from Canada and used to try Washington/Texas servers. Since I came back, those servers were jerky, spikes every 30 seconds or so that could last for up to a 15 seconds and everything felt very sluggish which of course is a big no-no when you deal with the traps in the lab.

Most by this point would assume my computer sucks or that my internet connection is bad. Yet I discovered something odd last night. A guildie offered to rush me on merc since I was undergeared but he was playing on Milan. Now I figured if it's crappy with spikes on Texas and Washington, might as well give it a try on Milan too since 100 MS might not kill me. Went there and surprise surprise, 15 ms just like on the 2 other gateways but 0 SPIKES. It was flawless.

During the course of the merc attempt I still ended up crashing twice with a ''game stopped responding'' while trying to enter specific map areas. What that taught me is the huge difference when you experience no spikes at all and flawless connection versus spikes constantly while trying for example mobs or traps. It's like night and day. I still note the 2 crashes which made the experience more frustrating overall and required more re-attempts .

Do I now think lab is easier than I thought? Yes. Do I believe that ascendancy points should still be moved on a different place of the game in form of grinding instead of this? Yes again.

Thanks for your feedback. I still do believe though that the Lab was introduced specifically with Ascendancy in mind. It is THE Trial of Ascendancy. If you're hoping that'll change, I don't know what to tell you. That's like stripping the wings from an airplane.

Besides, where would they go? What "Trial" did you have in mind to replace the Lab that is equally challenging?
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Well my poll showed that most dislike the lab, and they count to the hundreds. if it was such a valued addition to the game, I'm sure many would have voted for it.

So there's your minority.

And that's only the forum goers of course. I'm sure many of the plebs dont even go here. Of course, we don't know the real numbers, so dont even start with that BS.
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info