SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Regulator wrote:
My stance on the matter might seem absolute but that is simple the nature of truth. There is no "my opinion" in those arguments, those arguments present things as they are, trying to neglect that fact only make people look like fools.

Look man, at best you could be saying you have facts about opinions, which is still basically opinion, just not necessarily only your own. And since I don't see any strawpoll action you're not doing a very good job collecting.

Either that, or you're just increasing dissociated from reality.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
... since I don't see any strawpoll action ...

Ask and ye shall receive ...

As of this time, 27% of respondents (N > 100) rate Labyrinth at the lowest point on a 10 point scale (ie: "worst"). The lowest possible ranking is chosen at more than double the frequency of the second most popular choice. A clear majority of respondents picked one of the bottom 5 out of 10 choices.

If you don't like these statistics and prefer more qualitative methods of gathering data, then read the forums and you'll see "I dislike Labyrinth", "I hate Labyrinth" or "Labyrinth is boring" cropping up in a lot of threads.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Apr 9, 2016, 6:20:50 PM
I don't think anyone is discussing that. But as you can see from people like Dos_Fafner (or even Sexcalibure, the guy that made the poll in first place), it's harder to say what's the right route to take, even for people that hate the whole place.

It would be nice to see a poll about what should be done (and I would shut up at that point, XD).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 9, 2016, 10:05:44 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
I don't think anything is discussing that. But as you can see from people like Dos_Fafner (or even Sexcalibure, the guy that made the poll in first place), it's harder to say what's the right route to take, even for people that hate the whole place.

It would be nice to see a poll about what should be done (and I would shut up at that point, XD).

I wouldn't really be interested in a poll like that because from my point of view if GGG decides they will do something then they would have their own ideas and probably implement one of their ideas.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
How about not making us do the damn trap crap on every level. Really normal cruel and merc? Its not boring enough on 1 you need to make us do it on all 3? Well i wont be making any new characters that are ascended. Im a new player so much for trying hardcore or leagues who wants to add another couple hours of pure boredom to leveling another character... It would be different if it was EXCITING but nope its run around these traps click this switch touch the plate CONGRATS your now Lara Croft! Stupid....
Last edited by GnGoons on Apr 9, 2016, 11:32:27 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
I don't think anyone is discussing that. But as you can see from people like Dos_Fafner (or even Sexcalibure, the guy that made the poll in first place), it's harder to say what's the right route to take, even for people that hate the whole place.

no its fucking not. see topic title? thats the action to take.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"

We won't know until we ask. There are a lot of things people hate in this game but they wouldn't change to the point of sidesteping it. It has a lot in common with the hardcore ethos too (enduring rather than asking for change). For a lot of people it's still a few minutes of their lives. Then there is people that'd rather reform than ignore.

After a good while I'd came to agree with the proposal in this thread, but under certain conditions, yet it wouldn't mean it's the best option (I'd rather see how to fix the lab). Also, a lot of thing people have said are horrific to say the least (it's probably the only game community I've ever seen that is so obsessed with linearity and efficiency at any cost, also, there is a lot of dogmatism about how the game should be).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Apr 10, 2016, 12:08:16 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"

We won't know until we ask. There are a lot of things people hate in this game but they wouldn't change to the point of sidesteping it. It has a lot in common with the hardcore ethos too (enduring rather than asking for change). For a lot of people it's still a few minutes of their lives. Then there is people that'd rather reform than ignore.

After a good while I'd came to agree with the proposal in this thread, but under certain conditions, yet it wouldn't mean it's the best option (I'd rather see how to fix the lab). Also, a lot of thing people have said are horrific to say the least (it's probably the only game community I've ever seen that is so obsessed with linearity and efficiency at any cost, also, there is a lot of dogmatism about how the game should be).

I think thats because of HOW MUCH TIME/GRIND is already put into reaching 100... The game is already a huge grind and time sink as far as currency to make the maps time to run them and god for bid you die and loose almost a whole level after high 80s. People i think are frustrated that they have put in yet ANOTHER huge time sink instead of some actual fun game play like o i dont know say they could of made a 2 or 3 act zone with 3 new bosses made the acts 75 77 and 80 with us needing to get something from all 3 bosses to turn in for the right to ascend. Maybe after that each time you kill 1 of those 3 bosses you get a token to turn into the same guy who ascended you for a chance at 3 random enchants but you could only choose 1. 1st boss drops it for gloves... 2nd boss boots 3rd boss helm... Or whatever something more then just running around clicking switches avoiding traps and killing 1 boss.... Just doesnt seem like a whole lot of thought or effort went into this... Which is sad... People like to say what are you complaining for its free! NO its actually not those of us that buy supporter packs stash tabs whatever help to pay for future content so its not FREE.
Last edited by GnGoons on Apr 10, 2016, 12:23:27 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"

After a good while I'd came to agree with the proposal in this thread, but under certain conditions, yet it wouldn't mean it's the best option.

yeah, it's only a minute or two per trial. then whatever time rinth takes. amplified by every difficulty. at this point it'd still be bearable, but here's the problem: that time gets amplified even further by every reroll you want to do. At this point it's no longer about minutes. it's hours we're talking about.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Here's what I suggest:

* Keep AC points in Lab and still prohibit retries
* GGG fixes Lab stability issues
* only two Trials per difficulty, but always two different Trials; Normal Lab only has 2 types of Traps, Cruel only 4 types
* Normal Izaro only has one phase and Lab is 1/3 current length; Cruel Izaro only two phases, Lab 2/3 current length (this also makes Izaro easier in Normal and Cruel)

For you guys that hate Lab, that'd be 66% less Trials and 50% less Labyrinth/Izaro.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 10, 2016, 12:34:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info