SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Fruz wrote:

If you cannot bear the fact that you guys are a vocal minority, then sad for you ....
Cannot accept the truth ? ouch

Sorry but your silly unsupported assertions is not really known to be reality, unless you have access to some unpublished GGG reports. I think you say this silly thing just to try and troll people. Does it really bring you pleasure to be a troll?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I don't see why they wouldn't announce it if it were being considered. In fact, if you guys truly are as numerous as you claim, they would have rolled it out with prophecy. It's quite possible they are considering a change to benefit the crusade, but it may be that it is just low on their list of things to do.

Or maybe they don't feel it's worthy of their time. I mean, they did announce at one point that they had no plans to change the lab, so it would just be logical that they would announce if they changed their mind.

Seriously though , you are probably on a list somewhere. you just have to wait by order of your relevance. I figure you are somewhere here...

To do...

Send extra alimony check just to be nice.
Buy and restore a Yugo.
Taste test koala pap.
Remove ascendancy from lab.
Pull my own tooth.

there you go....hope.

"
Albinosaurus wrote:
b) Nothing changes, and nothing else they do to the game will matter even one iota to me, because the thing I care about most is still fucked.

lol...

To get your 6 (six) opeiop Asc points per char requires 1 (one) hour of your playtime and it's piss easy if you do it when you are 80+. Those 6 points already give you a ton of power (creep).

If this little chore (arguing from your POV) completely outweights all the other stuff PoE has to offer and esp. all the goodies coming in 2.4, then you really should uninstall.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
ShaUrley wrote:
[...]

Oops, my mistake about the link, not sure how I missed it.

It does not change the fact that HA affects the game much, much more than going through the lab as part of the storyline ( if you want the ascendancy points ).

I extended the reasonning "They should make a game that everybody like".
They can't, nobody can, period.

And another thing that I do find very obvious, but oh well :
"the lab is the main part of the game" != "lab is part of the main game".

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

If you cannot bear the fact that you guys are a vocal minority, then sad for you ....
Cannot accept the truth ? ouch

Sorry but your silly unsupported assertions is not really known to be reality, unless you have access to some unpublished GGG reports. I think you say this silly thing just to try and troll people. Does it really bring you pleasure to be a troll?

hahahaha
"unsupporeted assertions", that is funny.
And you guys were claiming that we were behaving like ostritchs with the head burried in the ground hahaha !

Oh sweet irony ....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

It does not change the fact that HA affects the game much, much more than going through the lab as part of the storyline ( if you want the ascendancy points )

Perhaps the AH had a bigger affect on D3 than the lab has had on PoE (though at least the AH was optional and allowed me the choice of not using it, which I didn't). But that's not relevant to the issue of how Blizzard or GGG can tell some aspect of a game is liked or hated when it's so useful that almost everyone uses it.

"

I extended the reasonning "They should make a game that everybody like".
They can't, nobody can, period.

Of course they can't. But absurd exaggerations are a pretty common, and invalid, response to those who dislike the labyrinth and want ascendancy classes removed from it.

"

"the lab is the main part of the game" != "lab is part of the main game".

I never intended to suggest that the lab is the main part of the game (of course it isn't) -- only that people will encounter the lab in playing through the main part of the game.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
ShaUrley wrote:
especially when, after all their work, they surely have a predisposition to assume that the lab is a great popular success with only a few complainers

I would say, that most of ppl who stayed, don't like lab, but get used to it and just live with it ignoring it when not needed. On my friend list is actually one guy who actively is pro Lab, but strangely, he doesn't have time to play much.

Interesting thing is though how much impact has Lab on those players who stayed.

For me it was reducing my activity by at least 2/3. When I was speccing per 3 month season about 9-10 characters, now I specc 3 on average because many builds I would like to play are quite hipster ones and I know that passing uber lab will be just waste of exp for them. And if build can't pass/farm uber lab, for me there is no point in investing time in it, as I will not be able to name it finished.

So this season I played MoM Hierophant with 3K free mana, Juggernaut with 25K armor and 10 EC and Vile Bastion Occultist.

GG GGG you did so much for build diversity recently, so much...

(and yes, I know about Pathfinders miners abomination, it should go, builds which can farm only one spot are disgusting)
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Aug 15, 2016, 4:12:53 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
builds which can farm only one spot are disgusting

I'll have to disagree. There are builds that can do all content and then fail at lab, or uber atziri, or core malachai. Then there are builds specialized for various types of targeted farming. Are you saying that the concept of a magic-finder that can only do white maps at speed to get insane amounts of loot is bad? Lots of people do those.

It's a very intentional design. Very few builds can do literally everything in the game, and they are expensive as hell. Seems to me like you want to eat your cake and have it as well.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
"
Etherfire wrote:
Are you saying that the concept of a magic-finder that can only do white maps at speed to get insane amounts of loot is bad? Lots of people do those.

Yes. My magic finder has only 16IIQ/120IIR but can do rare red maps at reasonable speed.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
ShaUrley wrote:
[...]

Then we are on the same page on those two last points.

The AH of D3 seems like something that can completely change the economy drastically and the whole balance of the game, making the whole game crash.

Lab is one way that some ( many, but I'm not sure if proportionally, we can go as far as calling it many ) really dislike ( many more just dislike it, but not that much I would guess ), I really think that we are very far from a feature that will affect the whole game like the AH of D3.

"
tmaciak wrote:
[...]

Hey! I do not love the lab but I like it, that makes at least 2!

I kinda agree that builds that are very very good at just farming one things are kinda disgusting ( they can be interesting though ) .... and need some balance.

However, for the rest, I really feel that in Uber lab, the real threat ( in merc too ) is Izaro ( or Izaro's fight ), not the traps in the other areas.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 15, 2016, 8:52:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info