SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Regulator wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

There is a question i once posted that i still have not seen an answer that counters the basic notion of what the thread tries to achieve. How any addition/change/rework in the ascencion method - while keeping it as an option also in the labyrinth - will have any negative effect in anyone's gameplay/personal experience?

It has.

I'm not going to scrap the zhole thread for you, but I will give you some simple response elements :

- Consistency. The Labyrinth test if you're worthy of Ascencion, I like playing a game where what you do matters. They both go together, having the ascendancy stone after Malachai would make no sense whatsoever

- Lore : this one is pretty obvious, kinda goes with the first element though.

- You have not chosen to play a game with traps in it like this ? Well guess what : I ( and I am ready to bet that originally most players ) have not chosen to play PoE to have my hand f**king holded during the game, I want to deserver those points, and that's lab for you.
Because if you guys would get your end ( which is not happening imho, srsly ), that would be one more step into the assisted gameplay that PoE has already partly become.

- Dev time : if some of the solutions proposed ( implying a lab rework, for example with puzzles ) were to be implemented ( some of the ideas are nice, I would to some extent like some of those things in the game ), it would most likely take a significant part of PoE's developpement, and I would definitely prefer GGG's staff to work on something more useful ( since I do not think that GGG spending time trying to change the lab is useful ).

"suffer", "alienating", do you hear yourself seriously ?
This is a game, take a break man, sersiously lol.

"subjective opinions" => gj there

"
Turtledove wrote:

There is a tendency on the Internet to if not demonize, make the "other" group subhuman

Even though I would first say that this is plain paranoia, let me tell you something :
- Such phenomenon ( so not what is actually happening here ) are just .... nature, sociololy.
It's not proper to the internet at all.

"dehumanizing" => rofl, paranoia again there

This dung beetle comparison and trying to hide behind it is becoming really pathetic btw, get over it maybe ?

No it hasnt mate, and that alone says a lot just like the fact that your answer is on another's popular as well as ingorant WK level. And i dont know for you, but the last person i made a comparison to that specific WK he was insulted and said i taken things to far. You on the other side seem more happy to fill in his shoes and thus come out as "blind"

But let me shred your ignorant post to pieces, as ive done countless times with others. Have in mind that your post is completely irrelevant to the question asked, and thus i believe you did not understood it well, so have a second go at it

- You like playing a game that what you do matter eh? Then tell me man why the traps completely ignore the amount of life/es ive taken in the treee, or the amount of armour/evasion? Clearly my choices dont matter, even if i invested a lot on them. So throw consistency out of the window, because not only the thing i just mentioned applies, but also the labyrinth has clearly as devs and gaming experts/sites a lot different feel and gameplay experience that the rest of the game. As for the makes no sense part, the same i could say about every single WK non-argument, still though they believe different. Human behaviour and personality is truly a wonder to look upon.

- OOhh the lore argument again, go look at the first page on the first post. Open some spoilers and TANTAM! look there are suggestions that dont mess up with the lore AT ALL. WHAT????!?!?? THATS INSANITY!

- Oh you havent read the opening post at all right? Again go there, see what the suggestions are about, and start counting how many of those ask for completely free points. Then come back here and apologize, or not, either way this and the previous "arguments" are already rebuttaled, while in the meantime the whole "conversation" we are having only continues to expose you and your, well, way of thinking.

- Dev time. Thats one of the things and have very solid foundations, and you did well mentioning but you realise that it has nothing to do with the bolded question right? Please tell me you do, cause a lot are based on it. Anyway, ive talked about that part on the opening post as well as on other following ones. Some of the suggestions require 1hour of work, others 1month, its the way of the suggestions though, we try to come up with different and uniques ones others are easy to implement others not, its up to the devs to decide though.

Now that your post is made to look like a joke. Ill ask again, are you sure you are against the notion of this thread and what we are asking? Cause from were i stand you posted a shiton of crap trying to justify why you are fighting what we try to do here, while in practice you dont even know. Its more like something totally personal and totally irrational compared to the objectivity of the OP that drives you to say foolish things like those you did. Sorry man, i do not find joy analyzing and crushing petty "argument" but thats the only way people like you might ever stop posting bullshit.

But i dont have a problem with you (though if you continue posting like a bitter child with unfinished thoughts, that will gradually change), so ill present you with another opportunity to show your colours, agenda and the greatness of your personality.

How any addition/change/rework in the ascencion method - while keeping it as an option also in the labyrinth - will have any negative effect in anyone's gameplay/personal experience? Clear of ambiguities and holes that your kind seems to like so much to abuse. Simple and true. Take your time, i understand that completely crushing your non-arguments which you put time to think/post would be kinda of infuriating, but i suggest you calm down and think before making your next post.

Looking forward to hearing from you man. Regards.

P.S. Thx the rest for pointing out the obvious, i thought i was alone seeing how hypocritical and/ro irrelevant his post was.

Please edit this, its impossible to follow.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Prebornfetus wrote:

Consistency/Hand Holding - You say you need to be tested to earn ascendancy. You are right here but the builds that ascendancy doesnt work for like say evasion where one wrong step and ur dead buy their way through it because they literally cant do it.

This is just wrong.
This shows how much knowledge you lack about the labyrinth ( understandable if you never run it because you do not like it, but then please do not throw things like this ).
Apart from floor spikes, evasion basically the same as armour ( even better since dodging darts does no slow you I think, blocking them slows you thi ).
It mattesr about Izaro basically and even though I have not specifically tested it ( my main char atm has more evasion than armor ), I'm positive it's easier to beat him as evasion based.
And that is only the boss, a boss can be tuned, people here seem to just be complaining about the traps.

If you know how to build ( and I'm not talking meta, ANY player knowing the game well enough can just adapt to the lab, like it is possible to adapt to the other bosses of the games - not talking about Atziri here, don't really know - ).

If the outcry here proves one thing, it's that GGG has let its players get used to hand holding and platter way too much.
GGG cannot please everyone, I hope they keep returning to the original hardcore-like aspect they were originally aiming for, if they don't, well good for the other people that will be pleased, I will be in the part disapointed then.

Thanks for the actual discussion, I'm surprised, in a good way.

EDIT : I'll edit my post for the new answer from regulator later, did not refresh the page.
EDIT2 : there it goes :
"
Regulator wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry ? "shred"ing anything ?
WOW, you have really high hopes man, you're not shredding anything, you're displaying your lack of knowledge / understanding there :

- You seem frustrated that traps ignore some equipment's element, you cannot just facetank the game anymore ?? too bad, deal with it.
This is consistent, it shows you that you have to be on your toes, that's how wraeclast used to be before all that power creep and easy-getting item falling from the sky.
Keep hiding behind "Ohhh look at that ! WK !! it's so baad" if you want, it's easier than actually trying to think for a second, I know don't worry.

- Yes they do mess with the lore to an extent. You don't know exactly what lore GGG wants to give you, you don't know if they want to just change the lore they worked on for couple of people that cannot adapt and keep QQing over and over.

- Given the current meta and how easy it is to acquire items and offscreen kill monsters and faceroll maps in no time, wanting just standard monster bashing is going to be hand holding compared to the traps, yes.
Have a problem with that ? Too bad, again.

- Of course dev time has anything to do with the bolded part, if time is being spend on changing the lab for you guys, that means less improvment on the other hand, less improvment is an obvious negative effect, jeez ...

If something was a joke there, it was not my post, I will let you meditate on what it was, not that I think that it will be useful, but it's not really my problem so w/e.
And yes, I did read the OP ( a while ago ).

Funny part, bonus time :

Keep QQing over and over - calls other "bitter child"
good job.

For your new question, this will be really easy, the answer will basically be the same.
The reward/satisfaction feeling for completing something that you can do by facerolling the content as an option, will not be the same at all.
That is to say using only monster decimating type of gameplay, that most lab haters have mentioned, basically.
Other good ways to ascend could be implement, it's a possibility of course, some could be very nice, but then -> dev time consuming ( I would personally rather have "other" game improvment instead )

And this is why the GGG is god posters do not get it.

This article boils down to make a cookie cutter build like me and do the Lab Properly.

Just because your build is LAB-positive others aren't.

Also to your "Free Points" argument:
umm in arpgs skill gives better loot and allows multiple (hard) content to get it, (note diffrent hard paths, not one) with only the best players getting the best loot.

Progression is a different story and you should be able to max level by following the story and grinding content.

Stop telling every one else to fuck off because you happen to have a LAB-positive build.
Last edited by Zalhan2 on Aug 1, 2016, 1:05:52 PM
So agressive although you apparently didn't understand anything he wrote.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

umm in arpgs skill gives better loot and allows multiple (hard) content to get it, (note diffrent hard paths, not one) with only the best players getting the best loot.

Progression is a different story and you should be able to max level by following the story and grinding content.

Stop telling every one else to fuck off because you happen to have a LAB-positive build.

I'm playing a VP character, best thing to do for running lab indeed.
Try again.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Zalhan2 wrote:

I'm playing a VP character, best thing to do for running lab indeed.
Try again.

Actually, there is truth in his statement that a subset of builds are highly favored in Labyrinth. Builds with high life regen first and movement speed second. Looking at the current endgame labyrinth ladder for prophecy, over half of the first two pages are either juggernauts or pathfinders. Of course, just like any other content, once players have a lot of experience with a piece of content then their skill is improved significantly which then reduces the importance of the build and equipment aspect.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Not really.
There are ways to cheese the lab, and therefore builds adapted to cheese the lab, that is entirely true, and it can also be said for many other parts of PoE.

Seeing somebody running with less than 2k buffer in uber, running with 200+ bonus MS + phase run and bypassing almost everything, then putting a pile of mines and almost instant killing Izaro is not something great at all, I hope that something will be done about that ( we can blame power creep for the Izaro part ).

The actual build / gear requirement, is the build and gear check that Izaro is, basically.

Now about classes well Juggernaut is overall the second most played class, so no wonder it is the same among labyrinth runner, it has something to mitigate trap damage on top of that.

Pathfinder is like the 8th most player class, not that popular, but I guess that the extra movespeed from flask is just very good in a speed running strategy.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

Pathfinder is like the 8th most player class, not that popular, but I guess that the extra movespeed from flask is just very good in a speed running strategy.

The auto staunching for pathfinder also comes in very handy for some traps.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
We are almost on page 200. This is probably the most active/popular thread on the whole forum, how many posts are here
"
miljan wrote:
We are almost on page 200. This is probably the most active/popular thread on the whole forum, how many posts are here

[Removed by Support]
This thread has basically 1\2 the views of:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302066

Eternal Thread, less then 1\3 the views of 2.3 patch notes.

The whole purpose of this thread is to repeat the same shit over and over again until GGG does what you want, it hasn't worked yet and when it doesn't work this fall you all can hopefully just give it a rest. Instead of working on a few good ideas, OP decides its best to list anything that is different then what we currently have.

Here is an idea to add to your OP, you have to add it because you list all other ideas.

What if they give you AC points for killing malachai, but instead of killing him once, you have to kill him 100 times on each difficulty and for the last 2 points you have to do double boss core map 25 times.

Great idea, right?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Aug 2, 2016, 6:33:46 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Are you ok, because it seems like you might be delusional ?

This thread has basically 1\2 the views of:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1302066

Eternal Thread, less then 1\3 the views of 2.3 patch notes.

The whole purpose of this thread is to repeat the same shit over and over again until GGG does what you want, it hasn't worked yet and when it doesn't work this fall you all can hopefully just give it a rest. Instead of working on a few good ideas, OP decides its best to list anything that is different then what we currently have.

Here is an idea to add to your OP, you have to add it because you list all other ideas.

What if they give you AC points for killing malachai, but instead of killing him once, you have to kill him 100 times on each difficulty and for the last 2 points you have to do double boss core map 25 times.

Great idea, right?

Question is, are you ok?
[Removed by Support] It is feedback thread and such is provided by many here. It contains some suggestion for GGG IF lab rework is being considered and not demands for GGG to do what "we" want. Unfortunately some people will stop playing if nothing is done but it's all for the better, right? Personally I will be ok-ish with the lab in current form if they decide to leave it as it is but I would welcome a change as I don't enjoy traps much and this sort of gameplay simply bores me to no end.
I thought OP listed exactly that, a few good ideas that GGG could work with if they wanted to.
Great idea btw, this one is a winner for sure.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Aug 2, 2016, 5:51:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info