SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
MisterER wrote:
"
this game is his job, so he thinks everyone has the same amount of time to play it--or that they even want to--as much as he does. He doesn't listen. He has no capacity for empathy, so he can't understand why others disagree with him so much. The things he says, and says he does, would lead me to think he's possibly autistic (and not in the put-down way), and he's a blinded by fanboyism to the point that logic no longer applies.

This works for all the bully brigade working here tho.「...」
You just got pwned at your own game, please now be an adult and face it, thanks.

wow.
Attacking on the playtime .... and then talking about being an adult ?
How ironic ( pathtic too, to be honest ).
From who is the quote btw ?
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
With all due respect Fruz, you seem to be making a lot of assumptions.

"
GGG does not have the time to work on every single part of the game at the same time

Unless you're employed on the management or Dev teams at GGG, you have no way of assessing the amount of work required to make any changes to any part of the game.

"
since I do not think that there is a problem here, so YES, I would rather have them work on improving the game than on something that I find pointless.

Whilst I understand that you find the requested changes unneeded/pointless, this is just your opinion and as such in no way invalidates the opinion expressed by those who wish to see change.

"
Especially when some suggested change would need a significant development time.

Again, you're making major assumptions without any real knowledge.
Chris_GGG said in an interview that the teams definitely are capable of multitasking. It's not as if they can only work on a single element at a time. Their resources are limited, but not to that kind of extreme.

This was a few months back, but it's still true.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Kellog wrote:

"
GGG does not have the time to work on every single part of the game at the same time

Many suggestions that have been done here would definitely, without any doubt whatsoever require a significant amount of time, that is a certainty.
I'm not talking about any given time it would take ( like "hey this needs 2 months" or "hey this would need 3 months" ), I'm just saying that for some of those changes, it would be significant.

Those facts can be built from observations on how much time it took them to develop the different parts of the game, how much time it takes them to fix some things already in the game, and also it could come from personal coding / developing experience, who knows.
Now of course, if you do not want to believe any of it, it's your choice.
But if you think that all of the suggestions on this thread can be just done trivially, in no time, let me tell you that you are fooling yourself.

"
Kellog wrote:

Whilst I understand that you find the requested changes unneeded/pointless, this is just your opinion and as such in no way invalidates the opinion expressed by those who wish to see change.

Of course it is my opinion, did I try to invalidate other's ?
It is just a point I was making.

And for the previous post there, it's completely missing the point.
Obviously they can multitask, but if something requires a significant amount of time to be done, it will need that time, and during this time other things that could have been done otherwise just won't.
One more time missing the obvious there.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 17, 2016, 1:19:06 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Kellog wrote:

"

Many suggestions that have been done here would definitely, without any doubt whatsoever require a significant amount of time, that is a certainty.
I'm not talking about any given time it would take ( like "hey this needs 2 months" or "hey this would need 3 months" ), I'm just saying that for some of those changes, it would be significant.

Those facts can be built from observations on how much time it took them to develop the different parts of the game, how much time it takes them to fix some things already in the game, and also it could come from personal coding / developing experience, who knows.
Now of course, if you do not want to believe any of it, it's your choice.
But if you think that all of the suggestions on this thread can be just done trivially, in no time, let me tell you that you are fooling yourself.

Unfortunately, you're still making assumptions without knowing the facts. For a long time, those wanting a self-found league were told, time and time again, by people just like you, that the the development of such a league would take too long/take people away from more important tasks. Some time later, Chris announced that creating new leagues was a trivial matter.

I personally have no idea how long it would take to make any of the proposed changes or to implement their own. Moreover, I wouldn't be so presumptive as to suggest I do and nor should you.

"

Of course it is my opinion, did I try to invalidate other's ?
It is just a point I was making.

That's fair enough. Your opinion has been noted, so there's no need for you to comment further...

I don't think I ever said anything about SF leagues needing dev time, the main problems are completely others, such as splitting the community for example.

Here, some suggestions are clearly talking about reworking the lab, which will need some development, not like a new league ( or at a completely different level ), it's a really different case.
So this is irrelevant, sorry.

And yeah, I was making a point answering to somebody, who seemed to get pissed over nothing for obscure reasons.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 17, 2016, 2:47:28 AM
Yea guys, stop missing Fruz's point. What he says is that, from his professional coding experience, fixing the lab takes time and we need to keep this thread going until they do fix it.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Fruz wrote:
I don't think I ever said anything about SF leagues needing dev time, the main problems are completely others, such as splitting the community for example.

I wasn't suggesting you specifically, I said "people just like you" i.e., those who pretend to know the ins and outs of GGG's development cycle, manpower and current commitments, without really having any idea.

"
Here, some suggestions are clearly talking about reworking the lab, which will need some development, not like a new league ( or at a completely different level ), it's a really different case.
So this is irrelevant, sorry.

No, it's not. Once again, unless you've personally had access to the entire game source code, please refrain from making sweeping remarks about something you know nothing about.

No.
There are here changes that would need significant development time, period.
This is not an accurate thing with a given development time, but it would be significant, that I can tell you.

I just explained you ( no need for a big explanation there ) why this is just completely different from implementing a new league ( some more details : a new league is an instance of something, and even if you tweak the parameters it could at the end just be an instanciation ) is a completely different thing and you just answered with "No", which leads me to think that you have no idea what it actually is about.

I don't care if you don't believe me, it does not matter, I tried to take some time to answer your message, but if you don't give a damn about mine, I just don't care then.

"
Pyrokar wrote:
Yea guys, stop missing Fruz's point. What he says is that, from his professional coding experience, fixing the lab takes time and we need to keep this thread going until they do fix it.

Sorry but, I so hope that the lab will stay as it is with the ascendancy in it and that it will greatly reduce your hope about the fact that you think that GGG views it as a problem in the game.
It would even be great if it would make you wonder about the why and how, but maybe that would be too much too ask.
By the way, "fix" means correction, there is nothing to "correct" with the lab, as it works as intended ( the network issues some have are a different thing tho ), therefore there is nothing to "fix".
I just wanted to point out the fact that you were miss using that words, many others are.
I disagree, there is obviously a bug when mario invades your game. Mario is an italian plumber, not a beyond demon. Hope GGG fixes the bug soon.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info