SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

People if you want to disscuss the lab mechanics or your experience with it i have some news for you : this is the wrong thread to spam. Go pm each other or start a new thread, polluting this one with irrelevant things is not only wrong but disrespectful too.

If you want to contribute to this one please suggest new alternative ways to ascend or new ways to enhance the labyrinth experience so that more people can "enjoy" it. You can also state the reason you are annoyed/happy by/with the lab or why you believe the whole idea/suggestion that the thread is based upon is right or wrong.

Im not your parent to reprimand you so please have the decency and respect the fact that going offtopic serves no purpose other than diluting and disrupting the whole thing. Pleas and thank you.

From the Code of Coduct : " Please do not: ● Disrupt forum or chat use for others". Also have in mind that one of the "report post" options is specifically Spam. So in case you cannot abide by the forum guidelines mods can always make you to.

Im genuinely interested in the following that people seem to intentionally avoid to address :

If the ascendancy points where decoupled from the labyrinth, what would that mean to you? How would that affect your own personal way of playing?

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Last edited by Regulator on Jun 7, 2016, 12:06:20 PM
"
"
eragon1111 wrote:
Thread has went full off-topic i suggest mods to close it and forget about this disgrace...

Wait what part is off-topic?

Its not off topic. We just haven't hit it yet because we know it will be a horrible game experience and not fun. Eventually I will want to deal with the labs but I hate it so why bother till my 80's when things don't die when I sneeze.
"
Regulator wrote:
People if you want to disscuss the lab mechanics or your experience with it i have some news for you : this is the wrong thread to spam. Go pm each other or start a new thread, polluting this one with irrelevant things is not only wrong but disrespectful too.

If you want to contribute to this one please suggest new alternative ways to ascend or new ways to enhance the labyrinth experience so that more people can "enjoy" it. You can also state the reason you are annoyed/happy by/with the lab or why you believe the whole idea/suggestion that the thread is based upon is right or wrong.

Im not your parent to reprimand you so please have the decency and respect the fact that going offtopic serves no purpose other than diluting and disrupting the whole thing. Pleas and thank you.

From the Code of Coduct : " Please do not: ● Disrupt forum or chat use for others". Also have in mind that one of the "report post" options is specifically Spam. So in case you cannot abide by the forum guidelines mods can always make you to.

Im genuinely interested in the following that people seem to intentionally avoid to address :

If the ascendancy points where decoupled from the labyrinth, what would that mean to you? How would that affect your own personal way of playing?

Not sure who's post you are referring to about not following your "guidelines" but I think its funny you contradict yourself here:

"
People if you want to disscuss the lab mechanics or your experience with it i have some news for you : this is the wrong thread to spam

"

Its all relative to discussing the bigger picture, in order to "rate" the options you have listed in the OP, we must know why various people dislike the lab and the experience in which they have affects even the response that you are wanting to know.

I can't force people to answer that question for you, if people feel the need to they will.

If anything is classified as spam these last couple of pages its the dude listing his 7 reasons or whatever for not liking the lab, like 3+ times.

"
You can also state the reason you are annoyed/happy by/with the lab or why you believe the whole idea/suggestion that the thread is based upon is right or wrong.

In order to state this, they also might have to discuss the mechanics or share the experience.

You completely contradict what you say you want, because not everything stated fits your "neat" agenda of removing AC from the lab. Except that isn't how this works, its a public forum and people are free to post relevant information.

Spam isn't just posting information you think is irrelevant, spam is posting stuff that IS completely irrelevant or multiple of the same messages over and over in a very short time. In terms of disrupting forum, that isn't just disagreeing with your or not following your "strict" guidelines for what you would want in the post. These are GGG's rules, not yours.

So in case you think you have the power to do anything in this thread aside from post like the rest of us you don't, unless you want to lock the thread completely. Don't try and act like you have some power over players here and they only can do exactly what you say they can, that really annoys the shit out of me.

"
If the ascendancy points where decoupled from the labyrinth, what would that mean to you?

It would indicate a full failure on GGG's part, caving to a community "demand" that as this thread and many others have proven is partly based on the inability of players to set aside the "dislike this" just to reap the benefits. Something Chris specifically said in the podcast that they think is OK. In addition it would mean normal and cruel lab is completely pointless, regardless basically of the alternative AC method. Merciless could still remain slightly relevant if people want enchantments, but this also has a large effect on how difficult the endgame lab will remain and whether or not the last 2 (of the 8 points) would remain behind the endgame map lab, instead of some alternative.

"
How would that affect your own personal way of playing?

This would completely depend on the alternative AC method TBH, if the other method is easier 99% of the players will likely always choose the path of least resistance. I very much enjoy doing the endgame lab ATM, even without a fully geared character, I find that the endgame lab is by far the most rewarding and challenging (as it should be), it just isn't from an AC point standpoint when you consider most builds could do fine with just the 6 points, instead of having 8.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Regulator wrote:

Good question!

For me, I might be more likely to enter the area and wander around until I became bored, then just TP out without feeling that I had lost any progress. If the content of the labyrinth were made to be more interesting, even more so.

If it were optional, in the same way race season events are, I'd probably enjoy it more and visit on my own terms.
"
"
Regulator wrote:

Good question!

For me, I might be more likely to enter the area and wander around until I became bored, then just TP out without feeling that I had lost any progress. If the content of the labyrinth were made to be more interesting, even more so.

If it were optional, in the same way race season events are, I'd probably enjoy it more and visit on my own terms.

I would still enter the map lab trials, look at all the beautiful traps spinning around and think to myself, what a crappity crap crap.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Regulator wrote:

It would mean happy times for me. I would only step foot in the lab after ascending once or twice and I think that might make it enjoyable. Going into side content that is completely different looking for a challenge is great. Going in there to get points that make me better at the rest of the game is just silly.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
"
Regulator wrote:

Good question!

I would still enter the map lab trials, look at all the beautiful traps spinning around and think to myself, what a crappity crap crap.

If it was optional I would enjoy it far more because I'd never go in. The only time I'd think of them is when I was in an area that had a trial and could hear the trap area. What I'd think is, "I'm so grateful to GGG, maybe I should make another contribution."
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I think the best alternative to the Lab would be to make it a new game. They can call it Path of Traps or something and leave it out of an arpg.
"
Regulator wrote:

I think that'd be fine, but it would still need to be coupled with something uniquely challenging... which would probably include some form of traps, and izaro, so... heh.

I like the idea of a lab map with 6 portals, but with harder traps to offset the 6 portals. I guess this mostly speaks to lag and disconnect problems, basically.

I like the idea of including unique strand map bosses, where you'd fight a version of your ascendency class too, if we're using 6 portals.

I agree with goetz, maybe not word for word though, about caving into vague complaints. 'Not fun' is vague and subjective and is not critical feedback.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
At this point I hope they remove the points from the lab but add hella traps to the rest of the game. Only half of that reason is to drink down the savory tears of that pyrrhic victory, the other is I think it would be neat to add the mechanic of leading monsters/bosses to traps to defeat them.

"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info