SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
Personally i beleive that the bst option would be to leave Lab as it is, including the Acedancy Points reward, but also introduce an alternative way to get them later though leveling. So 2 AC points at lv 80, 2 at 85, 2 at 90 and the final 2 at 95.

You want them early? do the labyrinths. You hate the lab? You will get them but much later.

This is alternative method I.

Yeah i know. But i think it should be added as an extra way to get the points and not remove them from Lab. Lab would still be the most efficient way to get them. Of course i think the levels i proposed are propably too high. Maybe levels 75, 80, 85 and 90.

This is a win win situation for both GGG and players who like the Labyrinth, and people who cannot stand it. The real issue for me are the final 2 points in map Labyrinth which WILL be absurdly difficult to get. I am willing to bet. So level 90 is high level enough to be a "fair enough" alternate method.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
miljan wrote:

Fact is, you openly lied (as you did similar lie few threads back, when I corrected you also about your "interpretation" what chris said), and here you lied again. Dont care what you think chris meant, as nothing that he said after what I posted change the fact of that quote. He specifically said, what he said and that they will think about it in the future of removing the point from the lab. And this was only confirmed with the response to the open letter.

[Removed by Support]

You are wrong and you continue to post as if the interpretation you believe is correct makes mine a lie. It does not. He never, ever indicated that they are going to change AC point going forward, so if you follow that line of thinking they don't have plans to do so either. If they had plans he would have said it, if nothing else then to appease players like yourself that want it changed.

But guess what, he didn't say that they are looking to change it in the future. That is simply something he never said.

Don't fucking cut off the quote next time and people will be able to interpret it as they wish. Instead you are showing your extreme bias by cutting off the quote as to make people think that was all that was relevant spoken on the topic.

I don't understand why post like yours, which is a direct violation of the TOS are allowed to remain. Personally I don't appreciate people being allowed to violate the TOS repeatedly and strait up make up bullshit in the process.

Ultimately I win because the lab isn't getting changed in this next patch (at least not the acquisition method of AC points) so you all can continue to cry, while I enjoy the game.

He specifically said they are not closed to the idea of removing the points. So fact is he didnt say anything that it will stay like that in the future, just that it will for sure stay for this league. That is a fact, that is not changed with anything he said latter. Less laying, and more acknowledging the facts and reality.

Lol at you winning xD. No comments needed, it explains everything with your behaviour. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on May 31, 2016, 11:13:18 AM
Defamatory: the act of saying false things in order to make people have a bad opinion of someone or something; http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/defamatory

So there's two parts to being defamatory. First part is making a false statement about someone or something. The second part is doing this in order to damage the reputation of that someone or something. Pointing out when someone tells a lie is not defamatory unless they have not actually told a lie. In that case the liar is hurting his own reputation.

Actually if someone tells a lie that GGG has no plans to "SET FREE ASCENDANCY POINTS", using the definition provided in the OP of this thread for that phrase, then it can reasonably be argued that this may be a defamatory statement against GGG/PoE. It satisfies the saying a false thing for the first part of the definition. In a thread that will be read primarily by people that dislike the labyrinth trap game play, it might be argued that [Removed by Support] is trying to hurt the reputation of GGG/PoE by continuing to repeat this lie in this thread.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on May 31, 2016, 12:05:24 PM
i didn't see it mentioned here but are you aware that the next patch will nerf the lab?

from the patch notes sneak review:
"
Chris wrote:
Progress through the Trials of Ascendancy is now shared between all your characters in the league.

thank you for trying to kill any parts of the game that require skill and primitive forms of intelligence.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
i didn't see it mentioned here but are you aware that the next patch will nerf the lab?

from the patch notes sneak review:
"
Chris wrote:
Progress through the Trials of Ascendancy is now shared between all your characters in the league.

thank you for trying to kill any parts of the game that require skill and primitive forms of intelligence.

The trials were never really the issue IMO. They were annoying, for all people most likely not just people that disliked the lab, but you didn't actually HAVE TO run the trials someone else could TP you in and you click the plaque.

@Turtledove

You do realize its not your job to police the forums about breaches of TOS or rule violations and that if GGG felt any of my comments were deemed hurtful to them or were not allowed they would be removed.

Like always you are just trying to discredit my good name, a supporter that enables this game to remain F2P and for players like yourself to keep the ability to play the game as such. Try to focus more on the topic at hand and less about insulting me and you might actually be able to achieve the goal of OP and yourself to improve the lab for the players.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
Personally i beleive that the bst option would be to leave Lab as it is, including the Acedancy Points reward, but also introduce an alternative way to get them later though leveling. So 2 AC points at lv 80, 2 at 85, 2 at 90 and the final 2 at 95.

You want them early? do the labyrinths. You hate the lab? You will get them but much later.

This is alternative method I.

Yeah i know. But i think it should be added as an extra way to get the points and not remove them from Lab. Lab would still be the most efficient way to get them. Of course i think the levels i proposed are propably too high. Maybe levels 75, 80, 85 and 90.

This is a win win situation for both GGG and players who like the Labyrinth, and people who cannot stand it. The real issue for me are the final 2 points in map Labyrinth which WILL be absurdly difficult to get. I am willing to bet. So level 90 is high level enough to be a "fair enough" alternate method.

How about we continue the thread this way? Say what alternative method of ascending we'd like and also give a reason why. Feel free to say that you are against all suggestions as well, while also providing a proper reason. Maybe put the aforementioned in the OP or in each post so that subsequent posters know what to do.

I am fine with all ascending methods but prefer method IV, since it provides a reason to kill merc malachai and also hint to new players that they missed out on a lot of content.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jun 1, 2016, 7:41:40 AM
Method IV would be the best for me. Reason to see Merc Malachai and fight Izaro outside the lab (I like the fight). Get the points and feel that you truly completed the game story mode...for now that is heh.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
gathor wrote:
Method IV would be the best for me. Reason to see Merc Malachai and fight Izaro outside the lab (I like the fight). Get the points and feel that you truly completed the game story mode...for now that is heh.

What about the last 2 points being added in the "map level" lab?

OP you really need to update these or get more feedback on the 4th labrinth and if people think it matters very much or very little.

I feel like this thread is slightly out of date due to the lab literally changing the context of the argument a bit.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jun 1, 2016, 9:59:37 AM
I think the best way would be one of the Labyrinth Rework Ideas in the OP. But I must say I was surprised that GGG is considering more to make a alternative way of getting the points, than reworking the lab to have a optional way of getting to the boss (where you skip/disable traps or some other longer/harder way around).
@Poutsos
To try to finish up this discussion: my understanding is that I thru VIII the lab stays exactly like it is and then 1 thru 4 would make some changes to the lab. If that were the case then your suggestion would be identical to I. Although after rereading it I think that there is some ambiguity on that point. So perhaps Regulator would like to clarify it in the OP?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info