[2.6] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Berserker version

"
vitor003 wrote:
Hey guys i just lvled this marauder to play this build and i'm wondering about the best setups for the build and so on atm i'm just lv 72 and wondering about gems setups and items these are the ones i'm using right now as you can see my voll's is corrupted so i dont have that sweet int and str :/ and i was forced to get those boots that dont give me any actual benefits so i was thinking about maybe buying a death's door and getting a rare helmet since i dont have the lv 21 purities, if you guys could give me any advice on gear and so on i'd appreciate a lot

so, where to start?
Let's start from the bottom: if you can, swap your boots for death's door, yeah... having a +1 end charge boots let you respec the endurance on tree to unlock 2 jewel slots, if you manage to buy a couple (+% life, +strength/dex/int, + spell damage) of them, you can also try to respec some of the +30 nodes to have more passives free and avaiable to raise life again. Just this one change could give you about 20% increased life + some stats, if you play it well

Going up, we have the armour: the 6 link is usually for the single target spell, as we want it supported properly to go in difficult fights, so i'd suggest to:

G Swap Lightning strike with Molten strike
G Faster Attacks
R Multistrike
R Fortify
R ffs, change WED with something less terrible, like LGoH
R Blood Magic

My advice tho, would be to rechrom that kingsguard using vorici "at least 3 green" and put GMP in the 3rd green slots. Then:
-If the other 3 slots are all red: go with Fortify-multistrike-LGoH
-If the other 3 slots are 2 red and one blue: Fortify-Multistrike-ConcEffect
-Rechrome every other colour combo.
This one is quite expensive, but molten strike against bosses is awesome. Do this modification only if you have enough chromatics to be sure of the results and only if you feel ready to sustain molten strike on mana. The 1% global leech on berserker let us sustain all the spells on mana with little invesment

Then we have the Helmet: you need it's reduced mana reserved even if you don't have lv21 purities and you absolutely need the cannot be frozen, so it would be better to not change it.

Let's get back on the boots: i skipped this one before, to avoid meaningless confusion. If you change lightning strike with molten strike on the 6 link chest, you can sacrifice your portal gem to have a crowd-killer attack:

G Lightning Strike
G Faster Attack
R Multistrike
R Leap slam

Yeah, you won't have fortify anymore when leap slamming, but this change will allow you to have the right attack for every situation without swapping gems, so you will be able to switch from "in the face" to "ranged" mode as you see fit.

well, i think theese are al lthe improvement you could do for now. Other than teese, just level and put points in life
Okay thanks man i read your post and made some changes btw i was using WED because of LS when i used molten strike i switched LS for GMP xD so these are the things i'm using atm

i also made some changes on my skill setup on boots

i'm thinking about getting death's door but if i do get it i'll lose all my res since my boot gives me around 40% cold and 40 light @_@ i have 11ex left i spent around 2 just to rechroms stuff and then i realized that my colors were okay @_@ since i could use blood magic but oh well what do you think i should get now ? i was thinking about getting death's door and a rare helmet so i could use the res it'd give idk i'm just really lost xD but thanks for all the help you guys are awesome
Yeah, this is why I don't have death's door. I did get the +1 endur charge meginord which at least gives life.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Sep 30, 2016, 3:00:27 PM
"
vitor003 wrote:

i'm thinking about getting death's door but if i do get it i'll lose all my res since my boot gives me around 40% cold and 40 light @_@ i have 11ex left i spent around 2 just to rechroms stuff and then i realized that my colors were okay @_@ since i could use blood magic but oh well what do you think i should get now ? i was thinking about getting death's door and a rare helmet so i could use the res it'd give idk i'm just really lost xD but thanks for all the help you guys are awesome

Yeah, sorry dude, i wrote all that wall of text and then i just noticed i considered molten strike as a green skill instead of red when speaking about the 6 link :derp:

Death's doors are useful to do uber atziri mainly, for every other bleeding one or two flasks can be enough, so if you don't feel like changing the boots, you can stay with a rare no problem

Anyway, i suggest you to search for a way to have 1 more endurance charge with corrupted equip, so you can still save those 2 points. There are quite a few very nice belts on sale that can be appealing to do this.

As I already said before, a rare helmet is almost a downgrade from the alpha's howl, even if you only have lv20 purities
You can get some corrupted belts with the extra charge for as little as 1 ex btw. Don't know what your budget is. :)

I have a question to anyone that knows the answer: why am I getting one shotted so much? Goddess in Orchard map. BOOM. No time to drink a potion no nothing. What am I doing wrong? My profile is open if you want to tell me any improvements. Character is Martin.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
You can get some corrupted belts with the extra charge for as little as 1 ex btw. Don't know what your budget is. :)

I have a question to anyone that knows the answer: why am I getting one shotted so much? Goddess in Orchard map. BOOM. No time to drink a potion no nothing. What am I doing wrong? My profile is open if you want to tell me any improvements. Character is Martin.

I looked at it. Looks good. However you dont use Iron Reflexes and dont have "mega" gear in terms of +life. Its fine but untill you grab some more lvl ups for +life and some life nodes to reah 5.5k+ I reccomend that you swap Elemental Weakness for Enfeeble in your blasphemy setup. It will be much safer and will prevent one-shots at a cost slightly less dps.

EDIT: You should also respec 2x 10% spell dmg from Witch area and grab your self +6% life near Templar and +5% life near Scion. This combined with Enfeeble via Blasphemy will keep you going to grind some more lvls, that put points from lvl ups in damage.

"
Evander1992 wrote:
Death's doors are useful to do uber atziri mainly...

And Rigwald (T13 Lair, T15 Dark Forest boss). Without them Rigwald is pain in the ass.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 1, 2016, 2:52:19 AM
Hi there,

nice build you made.
Finished all Guardians on Friday with it, as it was my first try there were no boss related mods on the maps.

I'm on 5,4k life abd 19/20 gems so there is more in the end and I'm also just lvl 90 as I started with another toon this league.

Here's my gear:

I play with 5/5 charges at the moment and experiment a bit in the tree.
Also I switched Alphas for Devoto's to have a bit more mitigation.

For Guardians I only got 1shot by Hydra so I lost 3 portals here and also I died 2 times at Phoenix.
Mino and Chimera was quite easy and no deaths here.

When gems got to 20 I will try shaper.

Thanks again for the good build Rico.
Also I want to ask to prevent to be 1 shotted, if juggi would be the better option as it's a bit tankier I think and the damage isn't that different as I checked out some other guides and vids with Juggernaut Mjölner.

Cheers!

Last edited by Garfin on Oct 1, 2016, 9:44:51 AM
Thx. Jugg is viable in 2.4. Theres guide for it below the main guide. However I prefer Berserker hands down. More dmg, more sustain due to the leech, more consistent. A bit less tanky.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
What you guys think about Storm Call? Is it suitable replacement for arc? Being Discharge for aoe, and SC for single target?
Thanks Rico! I have about 5.5 life now but I got 1 shot by that Rigwald thing and the Goddess in orchard anyway. I will take the dps hit for more life as you suggested.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info