[2.6] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Berserker version

"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I can comment on this. If your initial hits are not evenly spaced between the projectiles hits (closer than 100ms) then you will only cast 5 times instead of 10 times because every second hit is wasted as spells are on cooldown. This is impossible to control I guess.

Also assuming all hits are evenly spaced (unlikely), if your hits per second goes slightly over 10 you actually halve your dps as well because your spells will be on cooldown on every second hit because of attacking too fast. So it is best to be slightly below 10 hits per second.

It's one of the reasons I'll probably never play Mjolnir or CoC high end again. With a slight attack speed buff your dps halves, and buffs can come from several uncontrollable sources.

Be more optimistic. For me it is one more thing that needs to be tested/verified. Seems that you might have right, but it also seems that aps can be adjusted to meat those "ideal" requirements. 10%-16% from unexpected aura/buff with slow 1.15 Mjolner can be controllable.

"
redix27 wrote:
Thinking about to remove 2 nodes from tree (5% life and 4% life) and put Intuitive Leap and swap my jewel (14% spell dmg / 7% max. life) and get +1 EC and +1PC, so total is 8EC/5PC , it´s worth?

No, imo its not worth it go over 4 power charges. Endurance charges are fine at 6/7. Invest those points into life pool or spell/ele dmg or jevel sockets.

EDIT: I did a bunch of ingame testing about what SaiyanZ wrote regarding Mjolner cooldown mechanics.

I was basically facetanking Death and Taxes boss during his immunity stage.

First with 5.2 aps Molten Strike Discharge + Arc setup.
Secound with 3.2 aps Molten Strike Discharge + Arc setup.
Third with 3.2 aps Molten Strike Discharge only setup.
Fourth with 5.2 aps Molten Strike Discharge only setup.

I was looking on how much I'm healing back after his strikes that were taking 3/4 ehp pool but also on visual and sound effects regarding spells being casted.

All setups gave similar results in terms of casts per secound. Although Discharge only setup was healing less (due to the less overall number of active endu charges).

Than I did yet another test: I was walking with the boss who was walking behind me. I was leaving Molten Strike balls behid me, to not hit him with initial Molten strike hit, just with the balls. And guess what? Each ball SEPARATELY triggers Mjolner for cast event. Two balls landed in target hitbox, two cast triggers.

This is why the first test gave similar results.

Conclusion?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Sep 5, 2016, 5:31:05 PM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
redix27 wrote:
What mods jewels are we looking for? :-)

Spell dmg, elemental dmg, area dmg, life, str.

no attack speed?
Playing with 10EC & 4PC, with a Arc Discarge and seems very consistent in the amount of charges, most of the time ending with 10EC & 2/3PC or 4/7EC & 4PC.

Also vs boses having this CWDT setup seems to be more consistent in the charges and healing generation, CDWT lv1 - IC - Blade Vortex - Discarge, the idea is for and AFK Mjolner build.

AFK Mjolner build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1700808

About the triggers with 1 or 2 spells, I tested ball lightning and nova vs ball lightning alone. And I could not find a difference in the gap between a trail of ball lightnings. With 4.85 APS.
Last edited by akaflux on Sep 5, 2016, 9:36:01 PM
"
akaflux wrote:
Playing with 10EC & 4PC, with a Arc Discarge and seems very consistent in the amount of charges, most of the time ending with 10EC & 2/3PC or 4/7EC & 4PC.

Also vs boses having this CWDT setup seems to be more consistent in the charges and healing generation, CDWT lv1 - IC - Blade Vortex - Discarge, the idea is for and AFK Mjolner build.

AFK Mjolner build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1700808

About the triggers with 1 or 2 spells, I tested ball lightning and nova vs ball lightning alone. And I could not find a difference in the gap between a trail of ball lightnings. With 4.85 APS.

Can you link your new passive tree? Do you use Devoto´s or Alpha´s helmet?

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Sep 6, 2016, 12:48:17 AM
"
redix27 wrote:

Can you link your new passive tree? Do you use Devoto´s or Alpha´s helmet?

I can - its on page 36 with all the gems & gear. Alpha's, as before. However I'm still testing this setup so its not "official" and in the guide yet.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Sep 6, 2016, 1:04:35 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Doesn't seem like you took into account the cooldown of Mjolnir. Apparently it is 100ms now but I haven't seen an official post stating the final cooldown. The 100ms cooldown will drop your dps a lot because all Molten Strike projectiles hit at the same time. So at most you will cast 2 spells (Discharge and Arc once as per your setup) per volley of projectiles or 6 spells per Multistrike.

Regarding this quote, molten strike projectiles have all a limited random trajectory, so they don't touch the ground all at the same time. 20 casts/s is easily reachable with 5aps molten strike, if at least 3 orbs don't land in t2he same frame on the enemy

I dunno what did you expect from the 100mn cooldown, Sayan, but it works right as they explained it.
Compared to pre 2.4, mjolnir now casts max 10 discharges/s instead of 15, because it has the added cooldown, but the cooldown itself is on the spell, not on the weapon, so with added arc you can cast 20 spells/s, with enough hits

Edit: Rico, did you test arc & discharge vs discharge alone agaihst bosses? What setup has the most dps? I was wondering if added charges from arc in single target can compensate for the loss of a support
Last edited by Evander1992 on Sep 6, 2016, 4:50:21 AM
Hello,

I am leveling to start the build. I have all the needed stuff right now.
However I have a few questions:

1) the gem setup on the shield [leap slam + faster attack + blood magic] seems useless. how about:
[cast when damage taken + bloodrage + warlord's mask].

The build seems to have enough damage/leech to survice bloodrage, and that would give you non stop frenzy charge for dicharges + some life leech.

2) I don't understand how the mjolner has been been nerfed.
I understand the hammer now has a cooldown of 100ms between procs. Are these 100ms "per spell" or global ? ie. can I run multiple spells at 10Hz each (making a 20Hz procs for two spells, or 30hZ for three spells) ?
What would you consider as the best setup on mojner ? If cooldown is "per spell" I'd go for dicharge (power charges consumed) +dicharge (endurance charges consumed) +arc ?
From what I understand from the lastest post on this thread, the triggers are separated, meaning that you could run 3 spells for 30Hz triggers ?!

3) I think the build has enough survavibility without kingsguard. What would you use to increase damage ? Volls protector ?

Thanks for the cool build!
Cheers,
Vm
"
Evander1992 wrote:
Edit: Rico, did you test arc & discharge vs discharge alone agaihst bosses? What setup has the most dps? I was wondering if added charges from arc in single target can compensate for the loss of a support

Yes but not enough I think. Outside of +1/+1 charge generation with Arc when you include shock status via Arc and Arc dmg itself, than this should be better than any support (at least on paper).

"
ValMishra wrote:
Hello,

I am leveling to start the build. I have all the needed stuff right now.
However I have a few questions:

1) the gem setup on the shield [leap slam + faster attack + blood magic] seems useless. how about:
[cast when damage taken + bloodrage + warlord's mask].

The build seems to have enough damage/leech to survice bloodrage, and that would give you non stop frenzy charge for dicharges + some life leech.

2) I don't understand how the mjolner has been been nerfed.
I understand the hammer now has a cooldown of 100ms between procs. Are these 100ms "per spell" or global ? ie. can I run multiple spells at 10Hz each (making a 20Hz procs for two spells, or 30hZ for three spells) ?
What would you consider as the best setup on mojner ? If cooldown is "per spell" I'd go for dicharge (power charges consumed) +dicharge (endurance charges consumed) +arc ?
From what I understand from the lastest post on this thread, the triggers are separated, meaning that you could run 3 spells for 30Hz triggers ?!

3) I think the build has enough survavibility without kingsguard. What would you use to increase damage ? Volls protector ?

Thanks for the cool build!
Cheers,
Vm

1) You can swap leap slam setup for whatever you like. It can sustain Blood Rage, yes, the only downside is less mitigation vs DoTs this way.

2) Cooldown is per each spell instance (not gem). So 2x Discharge would share its cooldown.

3) Without Kingsguard its basically a suicide as there will be no leech/healing.

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
If they put a 100ms CD on Mjolner meaning you can only get 10 dischargers per second? Wouldn't that mean discharge damage is much lower than it was before?

Before update we had 12 projectiles x 5 ADS * 0.3 proc chance = 18 avg procs a second x 15k discharge damage = 270k dps could be more just an estimation.

After update:
10 discharges per second
min discharges is around 7k damage and max is 12k. Let's say the average discharge damage is around 9k.

10 * 9k discharges = 90k dps?

Is this correct? So Single target from non-legacy before the update went from sub 300k to 90k after the update?
270k damage estimation seems quite off, it's hard to land all 12 balls on the target

other than that, yeah, 10 discharges/s with 35% damage penality when discharge is triggered... first calculations gave mjolner builds around 60-80% less overall damage, so ppl here is testing some new variations to offset that.

Effective nerf seems to me somewhat lower than that, tho... i just tried normal atziri runs and a couple of uber izaro run with Rico's sightly different build, average boss fights have been about 30% slower.
Other than that, it's all still there: the build can still facetank uber izaro, atziri vaal flameblast and the likes, can still recover enough life to not worry too much and bring them down in a reasonable amount of time.

The only really big nerf i encountered up until now is that Shield Charge is considerably weaker than before, so i was wondering to switch back to cyclone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info