[2.6] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Berserker version

lost dps will be a bit higher for the folks with a legacy mjolner tho
"
Evander1992 wrote:

Yep, but DPS output should still be good enough.

Basically there will be no need to invest heavilly into attack speed and those points / jevels might go into spell/elemental dmg.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Sep 1, 2016, 6:45:19 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:

(and now Shield Charge will be even more effective)

But if finally...the way is going into Dual Mjölner (DC+FP+CD // DC+Life Leech+¿?)...you can´t use Shield Charge

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
Last edited by redix27 on Sep 1, 2016, 6:48:50 AM
"
redix27 wrote:
"
RicoKGB wrote:

But if finally...the way is going into Dual Mjölner (DC+FP+CD // DC+Life Leech+¿?)...you can´t use Shield Charge

Dual wielding Mjolner is no longer an issue due to the 100ms internal cooldown info that was published.

It would be the case if cooldown was higher like 500ms that everyone though it would be.

So nothing really changes except some passive three tweaks here and there (less fire and attack speed focus, more spell/elemental dmg focus). And I still need to rethink the actual number of power / endu charges that will suit build best in 2.4 scenario.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Sep 1, 2016, 6:54:51 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
redix27 wrote:
"
RicoKGB wrote:

Dual wielding Mjolner is no longer an issue due to the 100ms internal cooldown info that was published.

It would be the case if cooldown was higher like 500ms that everyone though it would be.

So nothing really changes except some passive three tweaks here and there (less fire and attack speed focus, more spell/elemental dmg focus). And I still need to rethink the actual number of power / endu charges that will suit build best in 2.4 scenario.

Well, a couple power charges are just 1 or 2 points away from main tree, so that's a non-issue

BIG EDIT: It's not set in stone that triggered discharge dmg penality will be applied, due to wording differences: CoC triggers spells on critical strike of supported attacks, while mjolner casts the linked spells. If trigger nerf doesn't affect us, our damage can still be great
Last edited by Evander1992 on Sep 1, 2016, 7:38:23 AM
I have some thoughts about new mjolner.
Because i dont know that with 100% proc that mean discharge goes first or pc on romira so i assume all my calculation is when we already in shape of fighting.
A.I use discharge , arc and 1 support gem RT:
_ no good because romira just work per cast not enemy hit and 1 x 5/5 discharge is bad for single target and survival.
B. I use 2 discharge and 1 support gem RT:
_ 2 x 5/5 discharge is very good, but the problem is how you maintain 4 hits in 0.1s. My normal molten strikes have aps at 6 and 7 projects so thats mean each hits take 0.167 sec and at least 2 projects will be wasted if all of them hit enemy at the same time - luckily they drop randomly.
C.I use 2 discharge and 1 support gem no RT with or not with unrelenting:
_ I cant say anything about it atm . This one need field test. Damage will be huge however, u can image ur self in a situation that have 0 ec for about 0.5 sec or else.
"
T_Speed wrote:
I have some thoughts about new mjolner.
Because i dont know that with 100% proc that mean discharge goes first or pc on romira so i assume all my calculation is when we already in shape of fighting.
A.I use discharge , arc and 1 support gem RT:
_ no good because romira just work per cast not enemy hit and 1 x 5/5 discharge is bad for single target and survival.
B. I use 2 discharge and 1 support gem RT:
_ 2 x 5/5 discharge is very good, but the problem is how you maintain 4 hits in 0.1s. My normal molten strikes have aps at 6 and 7 projects so thats mean each hits take 0.167 sec and at least 2 projects will be wasted if all of them hit enemy at the same time - luckily they drop randomly.
C.I use 2 discharge and 1 support gem no RT with or not with unrelenting:
_ I cant say anything about it atm . This one need field test. Damage will be huge however, u can image ur self in a situation that have 0 ec for about 0.5 sec or else.

May be you will evaluate "C" + malachai loop? Or C with Dicharge-Power Charge on Crit x2?
"
Evander1992 wrote:

No.. Legacy mjolner's are going to be the same as the new ones. 100% to proc.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar wrote:
"
Evander1992 wrote:

No.. Legacy mjolner's are going to be the same as the new ones. 100% to proc.

i was saying that in relation to ricokgb new calculation:

50% mjolner: 0.93 (accuracy) * 0.5 (non-leg Mjolner trigger chance) * 2 (two Discharges) * 5.5 (aps) * 3 (minimal no of hits from MS) = 15,3 discharges per secound on average vs Boss.

100% mjolner: 0.93 (accuracy) * 1 (boosted new Mjolner trigger chance) * 1 (one Discharge) * 5.5 (aps) * 3 (minimal no of hits from MS) = 15.3 bringed down to 10 by 100ms cooldown discharges per secound.

So it's a 35% damage loss from old to new mjolner, while it's an actual 8% damage gain from 30% mjolner to the new one

That cospri malice sword is like a cold mjolner o.O

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info