the real intention of the perandus league

"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Kozikuru wrote:
I'm confused how I'm getting all these phat lootz for free...

I play, collect coins, check out the RNG Carido (might not be on a map) and see his one RNG offer (might be junk) and maybe buy it.

... and this is destroying the play experience for who now?

/end sarcasm

For the record I love this new league -- it's the most fun I've had in any league to date. I very much enjoy Carido and this auxiliary system of additional RNG uniques. Not because I'm getting phat lootz (which I'm not), but because it's a lot of fun to open the coin chests and occasionally find a unique at the RNG vendor.

If you're a casual player like me, there is no such thing as a bad unique -- we rarely see them, evah. So to get one from Carido, in exchange for coins that I obtained while playing, is quite exciting.

You are exactly correct, and if you ask in game, you'll get a much better representation of who is enjoying the new league and everyone seems crazy about it. As GGG mentioned in their last announcement, this new league is very popular.

For those that don't like uniques that easily obtainable, the answer is simple, just don't trade in your coins :) or better yet, sell your coins to others.

Personally I have more of the problem that this doesn't fix the long-standing problem of keeping people engaged in the game for longer then usual.

Yes items are great and all and more people may play until end game, which then they would be salty when they realize they stop getting upgrades and leveling to to 100 is pretty boring since 90 is the new norm.

Roping in more people to get to end-game is fine, but the lab is far from new "end game content" to keep people engaged. In the end you'll just get as many (well more now) salty people about drop/content/whatever with a few weeks.

Just because have more people burning out within a month doesn't mean you necessarily improve your game.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Mar 7, 2016, 2:02:19 PM
"
Personally I have more of the problem that this doesn't fix the long-standing problem of keeping people engaged in the game for longer then usual.

Yes items are great and all and more people may play until end game, which then they would be salty when they realize they stop getting upgrades and leveling to to 100 is pretty boring since 90 is the new norm.

Roping in more people to get to end-game is fine, but the lab is far from new "end game content" to keep people engaged. In the end you'll just get as many (well more now) salty people about drop/content/whatever with a few weeks.

Just because have more people burning out within a month doesn't mean you necessarily improve your game.

Well, I don't think POE is designed so that one can play it forever. I think it's like any RPG/MMO, once you get sick of doing maps and experimenting with all the different builds you want, then one should just move on to another game. Sometimes I think people demand that GGG keep them engaged in the game forever or something..... If it were like that, I'm sure GGG would be charging $$$$$ as they would be perfectly entitled to.

P.S. On a side note, I love how Zana provides higher Tier end game maps now. Of course some people will find something else to complain about I'm sure.
This is the best league GGG has ever put out and thats not even counting labs/asc classes.
This is poe's golden age.

Such a far cry from the micromanagement fest known as talisman league.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
People complaining are master flippers and people playing Path of Economy. They are mad because more casuals have access to good items so they aren't the only ones rocking BiS items and can't circlejeck around it anymore.

Those people rip new players off whenever they can. Never bother helping anyone. Most of them are too stubborn to donate a few bucks to GGG for the game they've been enjoying for years.

Good riddance if they quit LMAO
"
Jaille wrote:
People complaining are master flippers and people playing Path of Economy. They are mad because more casuals have access to good items so they aren't the only ones rocking BiS items and can't circlejeck around it anymore.

Those people rip new players off whenever they can. Never bother helping anyone. Most of them are too stubborn to donate a few bucks to GGG for the game they've been enjoying for years.

Boom! +1
Great Post!
The real intention is clearly..Fun!

This league is without a shadow of a doubt the best league we've had. Yet, I'll cautiously add. :)
If this isn't added to the main game I don't know what I'm gonna do, honestly!
People seem to think that getting loot makes the game to easy, yet they still pick it up.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
People seem to think that getting loot makes the game to easy, yet they still pick it up.

the game isnt 'easier' with loot. the game was never hard to begin with. it was always 'easy'. it used to be slower pace and less streamlined, but 'hard' isnt a term Id use for arpgs in general.

the problem that if in a game about the grind and loot, there is no grind to get loot, there is not much left.
Last edited by grepman on Mar 7, 2016, 7:15:21 PM
"
Jaille wrote:

you know why generalizations are bad ?
because they are just that- generalizations that are skewed by your own personal view

is Morsexier a master flipper, rocking all BiS items and someone who never supported GGG ?

I dont have any bis items, I do solo self-found sometimes, I dont play economy, and I support GGG, and yet I think perandus is not a good league.

this is a game about grind. people are rejoicing they can skip the grind and get all items they want in a short span. poeple are robbing themselves of core gameplay.

I mean, if this is 'fun', why not go a step further ? just have all unique items in the game available to be bought from vendors. then you can buy whatever item you like and have 'fun'. dont even need for loot to drop from monsters.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
All I can hear is "wah wah wah I'm so excited I getz free lootz and I can have everything, best league evar, it's almost like Diablo 3 that I don't play anymore because I got bored, because everything was too easy mode - oh wait"

And no I don't have any kind of monopoly or anything. In fact I am quite poor.

You need to chill your life out a little bit. This isnt making loot easy, it is making it easier. There is a difference between the two. It still involves a lot of grind and still a long difficult (whichever way one sees it) game to play on end game content (for creative builds more... yes yes we all know the "click and destroy the map" builds). ALl that aside, the game is neither easy neither handing you anything for free.

Actually, perandus coins alone is show that it isn't for free. Derp. Which has become another trading currency and has become yet again something to farm. It is simply a controlled farm (like talismans) were it drops in said conditions. Something which is much needed in this game to break free of all the over the top RNG mechanics driving the entirety of the game.

I once did not get a since unique for an entire 3 week run. Some months after that I got 5 unique items within 3 hrs of play. (Same level content). That is RNG. A lucky player could argue the opposite, that they are being handed stuff for free for simply killing off mobs. Derp. Thats the point of the game.

Lastly, unique items are not usually considered end-game content anyway. They just look good and have unique modifiers for some cool builds. Some of the best items on some really good builds out there are not even uniques period and require also master crafting and what not. Which, surprise surprise, again needs to be achieved through grinding levels for it.

Stop acting so pretentious and as if this should be some kind of an experience that we should be breaking a sweat for. Its a game. We have a life, job, bills to pay, places to go, things to do. We aren't staying all day in front of PoE grinding gear. If that is casual to you then whatever, call it casual I don't care.

And seriously? You are comparing this to Diablo 3? We hate Diablo 3 because its Diablo 3. Nothing to do with how hard, easy, or whatever else about it. Stop assuming to know what the PoE community thinks and feels for other games. None of us got bore of D3 for those reasons so speak for yourself. Most of us never gave two shits about D3 because it felt like nothing of the world D2 had created, and PoE is a striking resemblance.

Also, with the bartering system and the passive skill tree this game will always be anything but easy for "casuals" or what you like to call them.

Take care. Take a chill pill. And enjoy your life a little. This is the best league ever. Simple. Not because it gives you free items. But because it actually feels like your time is being put into something.

You want to just waste time away and grind and have fun with the game itself? Standard is still there, as is Hardcore. Hence, absolutely no reason for such an attitude.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info