[2.4] Pure Righteous Fire | Fast Clear Speed/Very Tanky | HC/Atziri Viable

What do you guys think about running a cast on damage taken flame golem and taking elementalist as the second scion ascendancy?

This will give almost 100% uptime on + 50% damage (20% from golem, 30% from elementalist) plus a 4% reduced elemental damage taken at all time, and a 5% enemy elemental pen at all times.
Last edited by VoidMoon on Mar 11, 2016, 2:23:48 PM
Golem will stole agro from you which means more kiting. Also without that extra movement clear speed is quite slower. Im not sure if elemental dmg taken will work with degeneration skills or just when hit. Since RF is not a hit ele pen will not prabobly work either. But I'll check this out and let you know.

So I did tests on Atziri & T9-T13 maps and..

The Elemental Dmg Taken work but its barely noticeable. I mean without Purity of Fire our Life Regen was still too low to keep up and I hoped for more.

Golem - I am surprised here - was actually keep up very well with CWDT so yeah +50% dmg for about 90% of the time.

And as I suspect golem was eating some of my agro from enemies so I was forced to stop sometimes and thats not really good for clear speed.

I can't tell you if Elemental penetration works beacause its simply too low and monsters already dying in less than a second.

Enemies on mid tier maps (T9-T12 or Laby) were already dying in ~1sec ( the exception are Rare and Magic monsters from Kaoms Dream - too much fire res) and 50% dmg doesn't really change anything + you are slower beacuse of movement and golems agro.

On the other hand - maps where enemies are quite tough and you can't rush through them. I tried Atziri and I must say that here I can feel the differences really.

So Elementalist or Raider?

If you want to rush through enemies on Laby or mid tiers maps like Plateau or Gorge then you should choose RAIDER

If you are interested in farming Atziri or T14-T15 maps only then ELEMENTALIST all the way.

But no matter what you choose - both will do just fine.

Thanks for idea VoidMoon
Last edited by Ogoslaw on Mar 11, 2016, 5:15:24 PM
What about iron will ?
Iron Will increases your spell dmg and RF can't get bonus from that. That also means RF on lvl 1 will deal same dmg as RF on lvl 20 with 20Q
RF will get extra dmg from:
Increased Damage Over Time
Increased Elemental Damage
Increased Burning Damage
Increased Area Damage
Increased Fire Damage
Increased Damage
Last edited by Ogoslaw on Mar 11, 2016, 5:44:24 PM
How sad, it would be op.
Nice guide btw, im currently using a RF/Essence drain/contagion build, maybe i'm going to try this and i was wondering if with this build you're not lacking DPS at some point ?
Did vulnerabilty work with RF ?
Last edited by Systemlord on Mar 11, 2016, 6:22:55 PM
Well this isn't Crit Tornado Shot with great clear speed or something like that but dmg is really not that bad. I absolutely can feel lack of dps when playing in party that for sure but solo T14 maps and stuff - its okey.
And vuln work with RF but it's only 33% while Flammability is 44%
i dont understand this part

"If you are interested in farming Atziri or T14-T15 maps only then ELEMENTALIST all the way."
so if im a scion i put all my points in Elementalist, why not just pick witch and go elementalist?
please explain like im five.
"
TechnoMulen wrote:
i dont understand this part

"If you are interested in farming Atziri or T14-T15 maps only then ELEMENTALIST all the way."
so if im a scion i put all my points in Elementalist, why not just pick witch and go elementalist?
please explain like im five.

From the build guide:

"Trickster Bonus:
+30% Faster recovery of Life, Mana and ES after you kill enemy with Damage Over Time
+20% Increased damage if your ES is not full"

Since it is affecting regeneration it is one of the fundamentals of this build. Without it, it's regeneration is just enough to sustain RF, and after that gets much better. More interesting question would be "why not take shadow and then trickster" coz he have 60% of faster recovery and some bonuses to gaining frenzy charges, dmg etc. But probably Scion is better "passive-tree-wise"
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Mar 12, 2016, 12:15:34 PM
so i DO take scion and then both trickster and elementalist?
then i dont understand why he writes "ELEMENTALIST all the way"

thats the reason why im confused
By "ELEMENTALIST all the way" I mean that in this certain situations which are Atziri and T14+ maps Elementalist is better than Raider, I didn't mean take Elementalist only. Sorry for that confuse.

Trickster + Elementalist if you wanna do Atziri and T14+ only
Trickster + Raider if you wanna do mid tier maps and lower.

And taking Shadow instead of Scion is like ~20 more passives to spend so we are not going to do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info