Pohx's 2.2 Ice Trapper. HC/SC/Atziri/High Maps

"
Dabait wrote:
Ideal weapon, uniques, or rare with which stats?

I'd say :
- Weapon => 70% Spell Dmg is enough / look for 40+ Mana Regen / then whatever (+max mana / +resists).
- Shield => Max Life / High Eva / Resists
- Gloves (Armor or Armor/EV for CWDT setup) => Max Life / Resists / Strength / Eva
- Helmet => Max Life / High Eva / Resists
- Body => Carcass (Dmg) or Lightning Coil (Def) or High Eva / Max Life / Max resists
- Boots => Atziri's Step woork fine for me
- Jews => Max Life / Mana Regen (40+) / Resists / Whatever
- Belt => Max Life / Resists / ...

Basically you want a lot of life / a lot of Mana Regen / a lot of EV and some Strength (and of course Resists).
Last edited by PavZ on Mar 11, 2016, 4:14:22 AM
For uniques I'm currently using the Heartbreaker skean, the culling strike it gives is really good against bosses. I'm also running Jaws of agony shield as I level. So far everything is ice.
"
CarloJun wrote:
For uniques I'm currently using the Heartbreaker skean, the culling strike it gives is really good against bosses. I'm also running Jaws of agony shield as I level. So far everything is ice.

Does this work? It only works with spells, and traps are not spells (although spells come out of the traps).
"
PavZ wrote:
"
Dabait wrote:
Ideal weapon, uniques, or rare with which stats?

I'd say :
- Weapon => 70% Spell Dmg is enough / look for 40+ Mana Regen / then whatever (+max mana / +resists).
- Shield => Max Life / High Eva / Resists
- Gloves (Armor or Armor/EV for CWDT setup) => Max Life / Resists / Strength / Eva
- Helmet => Max Life / High Eva / Resists
- Body => Carcass (Dmg) or Lightning Coil (Def) or High Eva / Max Life / Max resists
- Boots => Atziri's Step woork fine for me
- Jews => Max Life / Mana Regen (40+) / Resists / Whatever
- Belt => Max Life / Resists / ...

Basically you want a lot of life / a lot of Mana Regen / a lot of EV and some Strength (and of course Resists).

You forgot one good dmg thing .. the "Added xx Cold Dmg to Spells"
but great overview dude.
"
sikker wrote:
"
CarloJun wrote:

Does this work? It only works with spells, and traps are not spells (although spells come out of the traps).

I think "Ice trap", "Fire trap" etc are considered spells?

"
Aedax wrote:
"
sikker wrote:
"
CarloJun wrote:

I think "Ice trap", "Fire trap" etc are considered spells?

Yes, but adding spell damage only increases your damage by very little, idk how it's calculated - probably off the trap base dmg. Elemental damage on the other hand increases all elem. damage we do, let it be ice, fire, added cold, etc.
At what point can you swap from firestorm mines to pure ice trap?
Last edited by ollemasse on Mar 11, 2016, 11:45:15 AM
"
ollemasse wrote:
At what point can you swap from firestorm mines to pure ice trap?
Couple of questions -

1.) I see that you're going Heart of Oak and Life Eva nodes rather than Elementalist and Devotion Life nodes.

So we're taking 25% life, 28% stun avoid, move speed, 44% ev, and 1% regen

Over

20% life, 26% ele dmg, aura buff, All Res, and status ailment chances.

Side-by-Side, it's a lot more survivability, but for SC, is the dmg increases with elementalist worth the swap? Getting access to another jewel (technically 10 points to grab jewel vs your 9 points)... does that change anything for us?

2.) I see the 20K Eva, but ... HOW?! With a 2K chest, 900, helm, decent gloves... we have about the same level of EV on our gear (i'm still DW wands atm, but will switch to EV shield soon). But I have HALF of your EV. Is that just a level difference? Does the 44% on the tree make THAT much of a difference? Is the gear in thread not the gear that was on when you posted the 20K Ev screen?
Just curious but for Blinding Assault passive on Saboteur, do they actually works for traps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info