Ancestral Protector

"
sdfesdfe wrote:
It actually says "Summons a Totem which uses this skill" on the gem though. I don't see any reason it shouldn't work. And non-hit gems are not supposed to be linkable with Curse on Hit in the first place, so the game considers totem placement skills to hit. And tooltip displays a DPS value, so it's definitely the linked skill that hits.

I agree.
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
I like it.
Description text is confusing (wiki):
"
Summons a Totem which uses this Skill

Summons a totem which uses this skill?.. This skill is 'Ancestral Protector' itself, so according to description skill should summon a totem which uses skill 'Ancestral Protector' to summon totem which uses skill 'Ancestral Protector' to summon totem and so on...
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
I have been playing around a few hours with a build with multiple Protectors w/ Ancestral Call and Melee splash. I gotta admit, the clear speed is pretty impressive early on. I'm only on lvl 36, but so far it's actually mowing down mobs faster than my Warchiefs with melee supports. Although, I do feel my warchiefs are better against tougher mobs/bosses.

Also, the range when laying down two of these is insane. I can take out almost an entire screen. I can only imagine what it'll be like with even more of them. The dps can't be accurate, given that it's hitting up to 6 times per swing w/splash. So far it has been pretty dang fun!
"
DoveAhKin wrote:
"
sdfesdfe wrote:
It actually says "Summons a Totem which uses this skill" on the gem though. I don't see any reason it shouldn't work. And non-hit gems are not supposed to be linkable with Curse on Hit in the first place, so the game considers totem placement skills to hit. And tooltip displays a DPS value, so it's definitely the linked skill that hits.

I agree.

Yes it should work if it didn't say on the coh gem: Cannot support totems, traps, or mines. Minions cannot apply curses this way.

Maybe it was deemed too powerful to be usable with a totem like the protector. I've never seen or heard a reason for this programming so who knows.

I'm currently using the protector on my oro flicker scion in incursion event.
It's only a single link for the 19% more attack speed and i typically only use it for bosses but it's well worth the slot.

One crucial task for the protector is to protect shaper in the elder fight, phase 2. I hold one side and he holds the other.

Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 26, 2018, 2:10:19 PM
In my opinion, both Ancestral Warchief and Protector are too good and too viable for non-totem builds, to the point where I'm GIMPING myself if not using them as a Cyclone Slayer character (or many other physical based characters for that matter), without a single aspect of my character being dedicated to being good with totems.

They need to be changed someway in order to only be worthwhile if you're actually investing in totems.
"
Androme wrote:
In my opinion, both Ancestral Warchief and Protector are too good and too viable for non-totem builds, to the point where I'm GIMPING myself if not using them as a Cyclone Slayer character (or many other physical based characters for that matter), without a single aspect of my character being dedicated to being good with totems.

They need to be changed someway in order to only be worthwhile if you're actually investing in totems.

And to work for a pure totem build they need some more range. Both in terms of damage and activation.

Hejren / Triceps / Regnbuen / Sarinti / Striglen / Mareridt / Spoegelset / Doktoren / Dobbelganger / Skjoldtrold / Forkynderen
With the increased boss dificulty, ranger should absolutely get this skill gem as a early quest reward. Leveling as a melee ranger from scratch right now is seriously really painful.
Last edited by Xarien on Jan 18, 2020, 11:11:40 AM
Does AP work with Tribal Fury? I cant seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. AP has "strike" in its gem tags.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Protector is notoriously weaker than warchief and has no vaal form. It's just a temporary totem until you can replace it with warchief.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info