Summon Stone Golem

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Qarl on Mar 4, 2016, 9:14:30 PM
Last bumped on Nov 14, 2023, 1:48:02 PM
I like this new Golem. Though even with a taunt it seems it can't hold aggression for more than a second. Could not get it to reliably tank anything. A support gem that makes minions more likely to be targeted would be cool. Would also be great if its health regen buff affected other minions (good support for summoners). Besides that ... meh. :(

Edit: I understand that a reliable tank would trivialize a lot of content. But a tank that can't do that is actually nothing.

Edit2: Eldritch Battery and Zealoth's Oath have been quite interesting.
Last edited by Bananaplasm on Mar 7, 2016, 5:33:49 AM
This golem made levelling my Assassin much smoother, plus it's really nice with EB. This is the first golem that feels tanky enough to be worth having around, it's a bruiser and it only dies when it charges headlong into large packs.

That said, the AI is a little annoying. I'm used to playing summoner, where I can command my minions. This golem never goes where I tell it to and it keeps dashing offscreen and aggroing baby dragons. Least it ain't chicken.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Been attempting to run the golem with Multistrike, doesn't seem to work properly on all spells, the roll won't work twice? Is that intended?

Add: Also.. when using Convocation with multiple Stone G's and Zombies.. then one of them tends to get "stuck" in a frozen kind of state where it wont move or attack... :) that's rather annoying lol
"
Pathtastic wrote:
Add: Also.. when using Convocation with multiple Stone G's and Zombies.. then one of them tends to get "stuck" in a frozen kind of state where it wont move or attack... :) that's rather annoying lol

To add to this...

I'm currently leveling a Summoner with 2 Clayshapers. I'm using 3 Stone Golems due to the AoE clearing potential. They seem to get stuck on nothing. A lot.
Sometimes it's during a roll, sometimes it's when they come into contact with terrain like a tree or stone wall.

It's pretty annoying but not exactly gamebreaking.

EDIT: Additionally, the AI for the Stone Golems are brilliant. They're incredibly aggressive and aren't afraid to charge through a pack to focus something at the back. I wish Spectre/Zombie AI was like this.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
Last edited by casval776 on Mar 20, 2016, 7:17:58 PM
Does the Stone Golem count for the 30% increase damage for the Elementalist ascendancy class? And of course, I am speaking about physical damage?
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Yes, the Stone Golem will grant Increased Physical Damage for Elementalists.
Note that it's not an Elemental Golem though (phys != ele), which is relevant for Liege of the Primordial's other modifiers.
Great defensive golem albeit buggy in my experience. When used with multistrike golem would attack 3 times, slam 3 times, roll across the map 3 times and the would get stuck. Re-summoning sees to solve the problem but quite tedious.
the Slam is a Taunt, right? does that mean other than the Golem, other allies including player/summoner will received less 10% damage from taunted enemies?

a little more on Taunt, I once read that only map boss or uniques will have taunt immunity for 9 seconds after first taunt, and taunt lasts 3 secs. I want to know if it lasts 3 secs regardless of being attacked by player/allies.

will ask in discussion too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info