[2.4 Video Guide] Cheap Beginners Crit Shockwave Totem Build [HC/SC]

Nevermind, i'm an idiot
Last edited by bad0men on Mar 6, 2016, 5:36:03 PM
Playing similar build right now i can suggest to use new unique flask

Its very cheap and will provide you ES from your hp regen and consecreted ground(5%) and you can boost even more with Enduring Cry.

Also 4l in ES helmet i use for free 3 power charges and curse application(works wonders for me):
Orb of Storms - PcoC - Curse on Hit - Assasin's Mark

And i found Vaal Clarity much more practical to use since it have almost tripple Vaal Discipline duration(15s against 5s with increased duration).
Last edited by darkafu on Mar 6, 2016, 8:29:09 PM
"
darkafu wrote:

Its very cheap and will provide you ES from your hp regen and consecreted ground(5%) and you can boost even more with Enduring Cry.

Also 4l in ES helmet i use for free 3 power charges and curse application(works wonders for me):

And i found Vaal Clarity much more practical to use since it have almost tripple Vaal Discipline duration(15s against 5s with increased duration).

Seems interesting can you please link me your gear ( and gem setup) and your skill tree please, i was looking a way to integrate power charge to the build.
Sure. My farming gear:
Gear

Flasks

Weapon Swap

Passive tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AmqDkgRLREvEZYWQBZvFr8aOBpsHwIgbiSqJpUnLyoLKhMrCiycLR8y0TY9NsU26TrYPAU9X0GWRUdJUUyzTq5QMFJTVUtVxljlWitd8l5dYeJirGaeaPJqQ2yMbRlwUnX9fIN_xoIegpuD24PzhG-FMoV9idOLjIw2kFWSbpUglS6XlZf0mjudqp_fogCio6Pyp5SuEq6zsTa1SLxWwFTAZsCawfPQ9dH90nzVptn82wvbXuNq5CLrY-vu7DjtPO988B_w1fnd-tI=

Last edited by darkafu on Mar 7, 2016, 12:45:40 AM
"
darkafu wrote:

Cool idea - I like it! :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I've been having great success with this build, with one minor tweak:

I'm using a Wand, and have a 4-link setup with: Frenzy - GMP - PCoC - Blood Magic. I also took 2 points to grab the frenzy charge node in the shadow part of the tree for the additional 4% cast and 4% MORE damage.

This extra bit makes the build's damage MUCH higher, by supplying frenzy and power charges, and will also give a quick way to activate the "if you've attacked recently" part of Instruments of Virtue for the 20% cast speed.

I've also been using Stone Golem rather than Flame Golem. The passive regen (90/sec at level 16) is almost a 2% life regen, great for healing up small incidental hits/degen/blood magic casts without tapping into flask charges, and the DPS loss from not using flame golem at higher levels does not seem significant.
Last edited by Eleuthria on Mar 7, 2016, 4:41:00 AM
"
Eleuthria wrote:
I've been having great success with this build, with one minor tweak:

I'm using a Wand, and have a 4-link setup with: Frenzy - GMP - PCoC - Blood Magic. I also took 2 points to grab the frenzy charge node in the shadow part of the tree for the additional 4% cast and 4% MORE damage.

This extra bit makes the build's damage MUCH higher, by supplying frenzy and power charges, and will also give a quick way to activate the "if you've attacked recently" part of Instruments of Virtue for the 20% cast speed.

I've also been using Stone Golem rather than Flame Golem. The passive regen (90/sec at level 16) is almost a 2% life regen, great for healing up small incidental hits/degen/blood magic casts without tapping into flask charges, and the DPS loss from not using flame golem at higher levels does not seem significant.

All good additions! I never linked the frenzy attack setup, so that is why I didn't incorporate it, but if you don't mind doing it then it is a great idea :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
How does Assassin's mark work with the totems?I thought if the totems get the kill you don't get the power charge from the mark.
Running this build in HC Perandus. I have very little currency but even so I'm fareing well.

At level 60 I tried NORMAL laby and got "poop in your pants" close to ripping TWICE on floor spikes. Haven't tried since. :(

Heres my gear:

Spoiler

I go for zombies and skellies for meat shields. Works great keeping them off my back.

I also have the very same question about assassin's mark in the build. Not once in the video do I see you using it. I've skipped it.
Last edited by Shinare on Mar 7, 2016, 9:19:24 AM
With casting Assassin's Mark by yourself you won't get charges when totem kills yeah.
New spell "Orb of Storms" with curse on hit + pcoc works very well as darkafu wrote before. ;-)
Last edited by Al1sse on Mar 7, 2016, 10:21:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info