StupidFatHobbit's Sovereign Filter

Thanks as always, would be lost without your work.
"

I've removed the link. I'm afraid something bad might have actually happened to Dissolator. It's been over a year since he's made any kind of post and he hasn't responded to any of my messages on the forums, reddit, or discord. Very unlike him to just abandon everything without a word and I'm wondering if he might have actually fucking died.

I've spoken to him a few times since he's gone dark - before the site's certificate expired so this was last year - we were trying to work out a self-hosted solution for my filter (which is now defunct without his extended syntax) because Filterblast lost a lot of traction since NS made his site, and he wasn't sure if it was worth sustaining it long term with fewer than 5 filter authors. He also talked about how if he did drift away PoE 2 might renew his motivation.

The reason he's disappeared over recent years though is because his family/friends are Ukrainian and Russian (I hope he wouldn't mind me providing this update, not trying to expose any identifying info), he's been very directly affected by the war and told me he's not really gaming anymore and IRL is the priority. I think he's just busy dealing with life, there's a lot going on in the world right now. His account on here logged on earlier this month, so that's a good sign.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"

I've removed the link. I'm afraid something bad might have actually happened to Dissolator. It's been over a year since he's made any kind of post and he hasn't responded to any of my messages on the forums, reddit, or discord. Very unlike him to just abandon everything without a word and I'm wondering if he might have actually fucking died.

I've spoken to him a few times since he's gone dark - before the site's certificate expired so this was last year - we were trying to work out a self-hosted solution for my filter (which is now defunct without his extended syntax) because Filterblast lost a lot of traction since NS made his site, and he wasn't sure if it was worth sustaining it long term with fewer than 5 filter authors. He also talked about how if he did drift away PoE 2 might renew his motivation.

The reason he's disappeared over recent years though is because his family/friends are Ukrainian and Russian (I hope he wouldn't mind me providing this update, not trying to expose any identifying info), he's been very directly affected by the war and told me he's not really gaming anymore and IRL is the priority. I think he's just busy dealing with life, there's a lot going on in the world right now. His account on here logged on earlier this month, so that's a good sign.

Well that's good (I guess?) to hear, I honestly had come to fear the worst. Thanks for letting me know.

edit: Just realized who wrote this. I stole some colors from your filter back in the day. You always had one of the better aesthetic filters out there.
IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
Last edited by StupidFatHobbit on Mar 29, 2024, 2:05:58 PM
thanks, I've been using the filter for several years now, I like that it's not much different from the vanilla version.

ps. in your first post there is a line "Filterblast Preview - Best way to preview the current version of the filter!"
but this site died 2 leagues ago

you need refresh link to filterblade.xyz
Last edited by newlife2024 on Mar 29, 2024, 2:07:48 PM
"
newlife2024 wrote:
thanks, I've been using the filter for several years now, I like that it's not much different from the vanilla version.

ps. in your first post there is a line "Filterblast Preview - Best way to preview the current version of the filter!"
but this site died 2 leagues ago

Ugh, already removed two lines from that post and I guess I missed a third. I really need to update that at some point, the whole thing is super out of date. Thanks for pointing it out.
After I subscribe/follow to your loot filter, will it automatically update when I log into the game? I have now the version for 3.23 on my pc
Last edited by newlife2024 on Mar 29, 2024, 2:14:18 PM
Remove the "Class Currency" line from the Allflame block to fix the highlight

"
newlife2024 wrote:
After I subscribe/follow to your loot filter, will it automatically update when I log into the game? I have now the version for 3.23 on my pc

Yea the followed ones will auto-update although you want to copy and edit them usually.
"

Well that's good (I guess?) to hear, I honestly had come to fear the worst. Thanks for letting me know.

edit: Just realized who wrote this. I stole some colors from your filter back in the day. You always had one of the better aesthetic filters out there.

Yeah not the best news not the worst, still I hope things improve.

That edit means a lot hah, thanks! I'd like to make a new filter at some point, maybe for PoE2...
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Allflame Embers are not displaying correctly, all black text and background.
"
MrPing1000 wrote:
Allflame Embers are not displaying correctly, all black text and background.

"
Remove the "Class Currency" line from the Allflame block to fix the highlight

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info