[2.5] Greedy Roomba - MF Blade Vortex Assassin (63/329) - Atziri Viable - Solo T10+ (37/40) [Videos]

"
Dragonwell wrote:
What's your leech look like with VP at the moment? Is this just a matter of leech scaling with a better BV gem?

Yeah I didn't get Vaal Pact until I was over level 85, it's not needed until you want to do reflect maps or Atziri, and even then you still need a Saffell's Frame to counter the Fire Thorns that the dual striker has.

It definitely does feel better the more damage you do and the more things you are leeching from at once. It keeps you safe if you whirl into a big pack. Against single target you will want to use concentrated effect to improve the leech, I also use a regen flask to counter blood rage's degen between packs.

Here's are a few good example of how powerful vaal pact is with more damage: https://youtu.be/_Hi_OL6v06c?t=161
You see my life drop and then refill almost instantly in this one because there are lots of enemies around.

https://youtu.be/67ZSUlPTDHk?t=137
This one is single target and you can see I ran out of my instant health flask so all of the fast healing is coming from vaal pact.
IGN: MrG.
Build Videos & Item Testing: www.youtube.com/user/MrGxyz/videos
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/mr_g__
Thanks for your build. What golem is better? Im take flame golem....
I've had a hard time deciding on the best golem, obviously for defence it's the Chaos Golem, but 3RB on my helmet would be really annoying to get and I have to save chroms for if I ever manage to get this chest to 6L. The other option for defence is Stone Golem, it has the "Taints Enemies" ability that can be really nice against rares and bosses.

For DPS the best would be Flame Golem as I don't think you really need any added crit from the Ice Golem.
Now I'm confused, scion is also viable. What are the differences in the ascendancies? Is scion the tankier version and this one is offensive one?
"
theeze wrote:
Now I'm confused, scion is also viable. What are the differences in the ascendancies? Is scion the tankier version and this one is offensive one?

You could say this one is more offensive, but it also needs less gear and passives to reach a high critical strike chance so allowed me to run with MF gear and maintain high damage.

If you went AssZerker as Scion you would get free 1.5% leech which would remove the need for Warlord's Mark and allow you to run Assassin's Mark maybe, which would add 9-10% crit so in total it would end up with 79% crit if it used that curse while the Assassin sub class gets 87% crit chance and uses Warlord's Mark for endurance charge generation.

I haven't really looked into what other classes Scion would chose if it used this build, but it could be a decent alternative. I wouldn't call this build a glass cannon though, I get 5.2k life in DPS gear wearing a Tabula.

Oh and the big quality of life for Assassin is Unstable Infusion which means you don't need a second Blade Vortex for power charge generation with PCoC.
Hey! It's viable to use Pledge of Hands?
"
Scorpws wrote:
Hey! It's viable to use Pledge of Hands?

In terms of damage it should be perfectly fine you lose a bit of crit but the build doesn't need to cap, the high level echo will make getting to 50 stacks quicker before bosses and free up a gem socket. The only thing I see currently as being a reduction in clear speed is the lack of Whirling Blades.

You could overcome this by using flame dash in combination with leap slam or reduced duration lightning warp. I may test it, but the main reason I chose daggers in this build is because of the low movement speed you end up with due to wearing Greed's Embrace and Goldwyrm boots.

It seems like Pohx is building a Pledge of Hands crit vortex at the moment, but he will be using Belly of the Beast and most likely 30% movement speed boots so his main movement will be from running if I had to guess.

Edit:

I tested Pledge using the same links - 24k, 67% crit chance in MF gear - leap slam + faster attacks with blood rage and Vaal Haste is actually fairly quick.

Compared to Divinarius and MF shield which does 22k and has 80% crit it is actually better tooltip, but if you used 2 x Divinarius and had the same MF as when wearing Pledge of Hands that goes to 28k and has 91% crit.

Based on current prices it's definitely a cheaper option and the staff is easier to colour than Greed's Embrace which you could keep as a 4L or two 3L's.
Last edited by Mr_G on Mar 21, 2016, 7:42:15 AM
What're your current resistances in MF gear and how heavily have you relied on jewels to get capped? I sit at 67/63/69 atm and am starting to regear, but MF uniques have such crappy resistances. Seems like maybe the Ventor's are doing the heavy lifting? What'd those run you in Perandus SC?
"
ConsPark wrote:
What're your current resistances in MF gear and how heavily have you relied on jewels to get capped? I sit at 67/63/69 atm and am starting to regear, but MF uniques have such crappy resistances. Seems like maybe the Ventor's are doing the heavy lifting? What'd those run you in Perandus SC?

My net won't let me log in at the moment but I have 101/98/82, jewels have helped quite a bit, I had to swap a DPS one for one with lightning resist when I switched over to MFing all the time. The passive tree gives 27% all res and 18% cold and lightning resist which helps and then on jewels I have 8% all res and 11% cold and lightning.

The Ventor's do help, but most of the quantity uniques have fire resist on them so that means you mostly want to focus on getting ones with cold and lightning resists. I used divines on cheap Ventor's that I bought and each took about 4-5 divines before they were wearable, meaning in total about 40-60 chaos for each ring. It could possibly be better to try and find ones that meet your needs but aren't perfect so that they are cheaper, you can get decent all positive Ventor's for about 30c it looks like on poe.trade.

I don't care so much about the rarity roll, for me it's always been quantity that's the stat you try to maximise once you have over 200 rarity.

Oh and remember that each endurance charge gives 4% all res, so that's an extra 12% most of the time aside from when CwDT + IC goes off.
Last edited by Mr_G on Mar 21, 2016, 9:50:36 AM
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm not running any jewels yet, but after some gear juggling I'll be fully capped with Goldwyrm. I didn't even think about using the two Scion res nodes for a jewel to get capped. x_X My biggest problem now is actually life - I'm only sitting at 3.5k. Some rolls could be better and I'm also using a Tabula, so that's one huge source of life that's missing at the moment. I also haven't moved to Written in Blood yet.

In the short term, might it be a good idea to head to Heart and Soul in Witch? It's closer than Written in Blood and also makes mana concerns somewhat easier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info