Update for Players who can't run Path of Exile

This game crashes more than a drunk driver now.

Seems like just trying to open the options dialog causes this game to crash. I have never run something this lacking in robustness on any of my machines before. I'm shocked it was released. This cannot be an isolated incident since it does it on 3 PCs here. Just crashes randomly all the time. It's unplayable.
"
11md351 wrote:
got "unable to connect to patching server" error here..dunno whats wrong

its beeen 2 days, and i still got the "unable to connect to patching server"...dunno if its my end or your end.....
worked for more than 99% of the players? really? hahahahaha, you don't even care that everyone knows ure lying.

try to do that: see how many players did the last update, then see how many players were complaining about not being able to play, how many couldn't log in. verify if those numbers correspond to 99% and 1%, and then let us know, ok?
Last edited by Scarfa33 on Mar 2, 2016, 5:04:21 PM
where are the files of path of exile, i want to unninstall it
Ok, installed new mini-patch and now is working finally ....
Last edited by Chaslaw88 on Mar 2, 2016, 11:21:37 PM
literally just downloaded a small update on poe at my steam ... just launched poe back again testing so far but i rlly think its fixed feelsbadman for all that ppl messing on their windows for hours
anyway thx a lot ggg and again good job
Last edited by thiagoszlapak on Mar 2, 2016, 6:51:15 PM
The timing on this update really shouldn't have coincided with the last couple days of a challenge league. This is especially true for the Talisman league, since it was centered on collecting hundreds of useless items in order to do one worthwhile thing with them. Booting some players from the game with no warning will leave them with a mountain of useless talismans, rather than the Rigwald fight they've been saving up for. Were I not scrambling to complete challenges, upgrade talismans, and generally getting ready to be merged back into standard, I might have patiently waited for a fix.

Instead I spent yesterday frantically updating my operating system (a process which inexplicably failed, followed by a rollback which also failed, subsequently requiring a complete re-install of Windows and all my drivers and software).

Maybe this was necessary before Ascendancy, but putting out an update that makes the game inoperable on certain versions of an operating system really should be better timed, and come with a warning beforehand, and an immediately acknowledgement afterwards.
Last edited by iteration2 on Mar 2, 2016, 7:53:36 PM
I'm getting a different error from the norm. It's saying "Downloaded file 'twitchsdk_32_release.dll' has the wrong hash". Before the message comes up, the update bar goes way past 100%...
Youtube @guitarguy234
Twitter @guitarguy234
twitch.tv/awsomesawcee
My band: http://www.slackjawbluesband.com
Well... it's kind of cool.. but my problem is with the .dll file.. it doesn't even let me into the launcher because my .dll file is missing :/
If i try to start PoE im just getting a Steamanouncement that there was problem with patching and that the files are stile locked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info