[Mod] PoEController - update 25/11/2020

"
Exotize wrote:
Really looking forward to seeing this be developed. I tried it with my PS4 controller but it didn't seem to work as none of the buttons did what they said. Not sure if its my computer or the software doesn't support it yet.

It seems the Xbox One controller doesnt work too. Did you used the PS4 controller as a Xbox 360 one (Scptoolkit, etc)?

I might take a look into those controllers (Xbox One and PS4), but I dont have access to them atm.
"
"
Exotize wrote:
Really looking forward to seeing this be developed. I tried it with my PS4 controller but it didn't seem to work as none of the buttons did what they said. Not sure if its my computer or the software doesn't support it yet.

It seems the Xbox One controller doesnt work too. Did you used the PS4 controller as a Xbox 360 one (Scptoolkit, etc)?

I might take a look into those controllers (Xbox One and PS4), but I dont have access to them atm.

It's working for me with a PS4 controller. I use https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit (which is an advanced version of the scptoolkit), and could use your program 'out of the box'.

Very good release btw OP, it plays very smoothly and its super handy if you just want to casually level/play on your couch or w/e.
"
_PapaLegba_ wrote:
"
"
Exotize wrote:

It's working for me with a PS4 controller. I use https://github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit (which is an advanced version of the scptoolkit), and could use your program 'out of the box'.

Very good release btw OP, it plays very smoothly and its super handy if you just want to casually level/play on your couch or w/e.

Could you give a quick tutorial on how you got it to work, or what to do once I download the files form the link. I've recently bought a laptop and am dying to be able to just casually play PoE at time.

I also tried the controller as both ps3 and xbox 360.
Last edited by Exotize on Feb 29, 2016, 8:26:20 PM
"
Exotize wrote:
Could you give a quick tutorial on how you got it to work, or what to do once I download the files form the link. I've recently bought a laptop and am dying to be able to just casually play PoE at time.

You will need to uninstall any drivers you currently have for the ps4 controller.

After that, install the SCP Toolkit from the github link. After that, just run PoEController and it should work (According to PapaLegba)!
"
"
Exotize wrote:

You will need to uninstall any drivers you currently have for the ps4 controller.

After that, install the SCP Toolkit from the github link. After that, just run PoEController and it should work (According to PapaLegba)!

This is correct, all old versions or other apps (like xbox controller drivers) need to be removed from the system. If you have any troubles, let me know.
lol I wrote a post about this months ago.

You just need a free program: Joy2key
and a $20 gamestop controller (xbox) you map the keys and done.

||||

You don't need to do any of that stuff up there or get an expensive ps4 controller / steam controller
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
Last edited by Quazplum on Feb 29, 2016, 8:56:12 PM
"
Quazplum wrote:
lol I wrote a post about this months ago.

You just need a free program: Joy2key
and a $20 gamestop controller (xbox) you map the keys and done.

||||

You don't need to do any of that stuff up there or get an expensive ps4 controller / steam controller

You could use a cheap controller, but it isnt that simple.

I started this using Joy2Key to map the buttons in the gamepad and had a simple script (Main.js) with the left thumbstick movement code. As you can see, I started adding a lot of features to the application and also decided to drop Joy2Key and integrate the key mappings into the script. This is the reason why Main.js is currently a nasty file and needs a refactor.

PoEController has a lot more to offer than just being a simple Joy2Key combo with a Joystick. Please check the readme link, in the original post, to see what else it can do.
"
_PapaLegba_ wrote:
"
"
Exotize wrote:

This is correct, all old versions or other apps (like xbox controller drivers) need to be removed from the system. If you have any troubles, let me know.

90% sure I got rid of the DS4Windows driver, not sure if there are any else. I tried to install the github link, and it asks for which drivers to install, I then select just the DS4 ones. After doing this and trying out Poe Controller it still doesn't work, the movements aren't as described, for example right joystick puts the mouse into a upward 45 degree angle. Not sure what I'm doing wrong normally pretty good about installing drivers.

Edit: This movement is also different from when I was using the DS4Windows drivers.
Last edited by Exotize on Feb 29, 2016, 9:29:54 PM
"

90% sure I got rid of the DS4Windows driver, not sure if there are any else. I tried to install the github link, and it asks for which drivers to install, I then select just the DS4 ones. After doing this and trying out Poe Controller it still doesn't work, the movements aren't as described, for example right joystick puts the mouse into a upward 45 degree angle. Not sure what I'm doing wrong normally pretty good about installing drivers.

Edit: This movement is also different from when I was using the DS4Windows drivers.

I dont have any experience with ds4windows, but found a forum link describing a similar issue and providing a solution. You could try this: link
"
Exotize wrote:

In the Nefarius Software solutions install folder (c:\program files\Nefarius Software Solutions) there's a executable called: ScpCleanWipe.exe. You should run this to get rid of all traces of previous toolkits. Run it, install the drivers again and this might solve the problem. (i haven't used ds4windows, but i think it works of the same base).
Last edited by _PapaLegba_ on Feb 29, 2016, 9:57:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info