My damage is extremly low, please help

This is my gear. Basically i am going for hp and resistances. I also have decent hp regen but i dont know how important that is later in the game(3hp per sec when you have 2k hp isnt that much). Armour is nice but not that great, since i am not afraid of the small hits(where armour is important) but of the spike damages(where armour isnt important). Boots with movement bonus are nice, attack speed on gloves is also nice. You can also have secondary weapon that you can use for leveling up gems. Socket wise i dont have any 4l/5l but then again i didnt have many support gems till recently.

My amulet is a piece of shit but whatever :P. Rings arent that great either. My shield is also kinda mediocre(has low block too) but it is ok for now. I use ground slam and glacial.
Last edited by xNIBx on Feb 17, 2013, 4:42:03 PM
Last edited by Assur on Feb 17, 2013, 4:52:33 PM
What Xnibx said. Get pretty much all defence from passives (+HP +HP% resists). Extra endurance charges are good too but a require boring micro management to keep up.

You need a decent weapon (like his hammer). It must have a large +physical % modifier having +1-x physical as well is less valuable but helps. Attack speed is good too. It should not cost you too much.

Link melee physical, life on hit and added element damage to your main attack. I understand some use life leech rather than life on hit at later levels.
Last edited by BlowFish on Feb 18, 2013, 1:58:56 AM
your amulet (especially) and rings are junky, get some more flat damage, ias and crit stuff on them. rest of your gear looks fine. 1h+sword is a bit broken in poe atm.

There is no reason for me(or for almost any marauder/templar) to get crit, since we most go for resolute technique, which means that we dont need accurancy(we never miss) but we also never crit either. I am thinking of getting some damage nodes but i dont know, i am afraid that i will need my survivability. Things eventually die and that's all that matters. As i said, killing things/farming efficiently arent my priorities, staying alive and going far is where i am at.
"
xNIBx wrote:
There is no reason for me(or for almost any marauder/templar) to get crit, since we most go for resolute technique, which means that we dont need accurancy(we never miss) but we also never crit either. I am thinking of getting some damage nodes but i dont know, i am afraid that i will need my survivability. Things eventually die and that's all that matters. As i said, killing things/farming efficiently arent my priorities, staying alive and going far is where i am at.

Don't forget that delicate balance of killing spd = you taking less dmg. overall. If you kill the mobs quicker then you won't have to be as "beefy" in order to survive as you head up the difficulties. As some have stated 1h mace/shield is kinda broken ATM if you read in the forums melee dmg in general is subpar when compared to say ex: bow (see all the bow rauder specs).

GL!
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
Well, as long as you plan to continue to go with a defensive build, I can get you a TON more defenses for 2 points. 7% more shield block, 35% more defense from your shield, +40 STR, +10 Int and position you right next to the templar yummy health and damage nodes.

Respec out of the fire, lightning and cold resist nodes next to diamond skin as well as the two Flask Life nodes and the strength node directly next to the 1st life node out of the maruder starting point - look at it and you'll figure it out. Go up from armour mastery and over to the arc that meets west of the resistances. Then take the shield nodes there... for 9 respec points(hefty, I know but totalyl worth it) then go through it counerclockwise.

Your now positioned to get a TON of enhanced elemental damage, health, armor and energy shield nodes, regen and so forth. You're also right next to another endurance charge, which is worth it's weight in gold to any melee toon. 10 more points gets you 10% resist all, 28% armor and energy shield, an endurance charge, 40 str, 20 int, 10% elemental damage, 26% increased health on top of the other stuff. OR drop the int, 10% ele dmg, and end charge and get 50% increased elemental damage and keep the 40 str, 26% health, 28% armor/es and 10% all resist.... not bad for 10 points. Though, you might wanna take Golem Blood before that part of it.

Aside from that, it sounds like your gear is kinda bad. Upgrade your weapon for more damage. Random stuff I've found several times leveling up is better than what it sounds like you've got. Pay attention to trade chat and give someone a few chaos orbs for a decent weapon upgrade around your level.

Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info