My damage is extremly low, please help

Hello, I'm a lvl 41 marauder and i realy struggle in cruel.
The skills i'm using are mainly groundslam+life gain on hit+added fire dmg+more physical dmg wich brings it to 141 dps
My heavy strike has 177 dps
I use a 1h mace + shield

Heres my current build http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38UFCMz_ZIXz98uCkujAakrO8Oud3yL0TnHOdqOyDwqBhqHtlhGS4n7ayqcql82fPdVw2Rzrvt0iGezXbnpzAUIFBHAec26DpS37-GYFYEYVIyCZ_LYIgote9OXQA=
I'm level 42 2H mace user. 600DPS. Although I have problems with some one-shot enemies my survivability is not so bad. Maybe you should work some more on your gear and respec some points into damage passives(I really dont like your Armour master, Elemental Adaptation/Resistance and endurance charge passives).
Here is my build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0OPBQgFHEhAiFVIWAotSr2Mgk5DjpSPfxAoEGqUFBUSVW1VgRYY18_YEtgiGFScql08Xbne4x82YZgjM-euZ7Nn8unMLndwQTG2Nw937_nUu8O707yL_ZI9zL3vvjr
Thanks! Why dont you liek the nodes i took? i found them usefull, i think!
Anyone else some advice?
I think he is saying you should grab more damage nodes since that is where you are having issues.
1h+shiled is rly hard to justify in PoE. As broken as melee is it's just sad to see ppl struggle to build something around joke of a class.

I'm a lvl 65 2h mara... my single target dps is 3.6k.... BUT my aoe is like 950 or something with cleave.... all melee aoe skills are extremely bad except maybe for LS...

as an axample... i do more damage with this junk(LA+lmp+chain+faster att)

then I do it with cleave and 2h uniq Tiger sword...

Melee is broken and I'm just waiting for them to buff.. and so should u if u don't want to go bald over total melee suckage.
IGN: Seze
"
_Seze_ wrote:

I'm a lvl 65 2h mara... my single target dps is 3.6k.... BUT my aoe is like 950 or something with cleave.... all melee aoe skills are extremely bad except maybe for LS...

What is LS again?
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
LS = Leap Slam
You should get all the hp you can from your passives and get the majority of your damage from your gear. It's not that hard to find some half decent gear, and since you're running blood magic you can really use life regen and extra life.

I'd go for something like this :
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0UIBRNGS4aOCfVJ-0otTIJNug6UjrYQKBN2FBHUFBUSVYEVw1YY1nzXQBfP2BLYIhhUmoecql07XrvfNmBb4ZgjHaMz5BVnjyezZ_LogCnMKeEqBisqrndwBrEWMbY0iHZYd-_51LsOO8O707wH_Iv8932SPe-
You dont need more damage nodes.

This is my build(lvl 43 marauder)

And my single target attacks(glacial or heavy strike) do 625-635 dps, while my ground slam does 225dps and that's without any auras(anger and wrath). My ground slam only has melee physical damage and life on hit. My glacial has weapon elemental damage and fire damage. You probably have a bad weapon. Get a good weapon, preferably one with high +% physical damage. This is my weapon(ignore the gems :P)

My build is extremely conservative because i really dont want to die. I play the game semicasually, so i hate relevelling and grinding. Atm i have 2.25k hp, 1k armour, ~65% res(they used to be maxed but i changed gear), 73hp/sec regen but i think i have decent gear for my level.
Last edited by xNIBx on Feb 17, 2013, 4:30:10 PM
"
xNIBx wrote:

My build is extremely conservative because i really dont want to die. I play the game semicasually, so i hate relevelling and grinding. Atm i have 2.25k hp, 1k armour, ~65% res(they used to be maxed but i changed gear), 73hp/sec regen but i think i have decent gear for my level.

Can you link your gear? Your hits sounds pretty insane compared to where I'm at clvl 37 close to 1K hits ATM. I'm also Ground slam spec with similar dps 2h Mace for my Ground Slam w/anger aura applied. I took the +30% fire dmg node and also using added fire dmg support gem linked to Anger/Ground Slam.

Strength and Honor,
Phatboi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info