I think I figured out the Scion Ascendancy class

On every difficulty, she doesn't gain 2 Ascendancy skill points like other classes, but she can simply pick 1 notable from any other Ascendancy class.

She is obliged to pick from 3 different character classes, e.g. Necromancer - Deadeye - Assassin, but not Necromancer - Deadeye - Pathfinder (2 times Ranger).

This way she can go crazy in combinations of all Ascendancy trees (tree mastery), but she cannot specialize in one certain Ascendancy or even character class, AND she misses out on 3 travelling nodes.

Sounds like another possible solution.
I just doubt it just because of the fact that it would look weird to pic a class and then their Ascendancy Class. Just in terms of UI implementation and also in complexity for beginners or even people who have not studied all of the Ascendancy Trees before.
IGN: Scordalia_
Beginners cannot pick Scion, so that's no big deal. She's meant to be an advanced class, so a more complex Ascendancy makes perfect sense. I do agree it would be a UI nightmare.
I'll repaste my idea on what i think it could be to be relevant and generic yet specific as possible

"It Must be all and nothing at the same time.

Jewels fill that purpose,picking any other ascedancy class is a no go.Not to mention that each ascedancy has a frame of a character correspondant to each class.

So my guess would be 3 paths,all ending to give +1 to Gems corresponding to each class,so 3 jewels,buffs and skill +1 by choosing a path

O
I
o
I
j
O-o-j-S-j-o-O

S=scion j=jewel o=buffs to each path,up for cast/spell dmg left for str/hp
Big O is +1 to int str or dex.

Cant align the j over S,i think you will get the idea.

Thats what i would do,at least"

Well speculaticions always are funXD,ill post another speculation later on
Bye bye desync!
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I do agree it would be a UI nightmare.

Yeah...

Maybe the Scion can pick any single Ascendancy class, but she only gets 4 points instead of 6. Or it'll be something with jewel sockets.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Feb 12, 2016, 6:42:02 AM
I find your proposals boring, lacking in originality, and unworthy of the scion of an ancient lineage, and in consequence fine you all one (1) Vaal Orb, to be applied to your brains such that they'll be more in tune with GGG's design process.

And present (once again) my own proposal that, though arguably silly, overpowered, outrageous, not to say nearly criminally insane, at least does not lack flair:

The SCION's Ascendancy class is the Lady and it is, as GGG has stated, focused on tree mastery. My proposal takes that to its logical extreme and, perhaps, a bit beyond.

Sex appeal is a new defensive stat introduced with the Ascendancy expansion, to start with only available from the Scion's Ascendancy class and a handful of new uniques such as Alias' Chainmail Bikini and the Wondrous Leather Pantaloons.

The layout is two arms of two skills and two of four, for a total of 12 skills.

The first arm is the "Wonder Child" line. It focuses on tree optimization.

1: "Neurotic multitasking" – Gain 1% increased attack and cast speed for every 10 strength allocated in the tree; Gain 2% increased armour, energy shield, and evasion for every 10 dexterity allocated in the tree; Gain 2% increased attack damage and spell damage for every 10 intelligence allocated in the tree.

2: "Wonder Child" – internally referred to as "Queen of Bling" - Restores original Scion voice, doubles life and mana regeneration, and for every 16 basic passives, every 4 notable passives, every 2 jewel passives, and every keystone passive in the passive skill tree, gain a free jewel slot in the Ascendancy skill tree. The Scion has 50% less sex appeal.

The second arm is the "Tree Lover" line. It focuses on exploring the tree.

1: "Tree Hugger" – for every allocated notable or keystone, gain half the benefit of any adjacent unallocated passives.

2: "Dryad" – increases sex appeal by 50% and every jewel in the normal passive skill tree functions as the Intuitive Leap jewel in addition to its normal functionality.

The third arm is the "Chopper". It focuses on simplifying the tree by chopping it down.

1: "Exercise regimen" – Grants 25% increased life and mana and 5% increased sex appeal.

2: "Lumberjack" – Permanent Fortify and replaces default body armour graphics with a lumberjack vest artfully ripped open to expose a small portion of the Scion's chest. When taking damage the Scion builds Clothing Damage, which rips the vest and increases the portion shown. Clothing Damage disappears if the Scion goes 5 seconds without taking damage.

3: "Exercise regimen" – Grants 25% increased life and mana and 5% increased sex appeal.

4: "Pruned!" - You can destroy adjacent non-jewel passive nodes at the cost of two passive skill points each. For every skill node destroyed, gain 1% more life and mana if it was a basic passive, 2% more if it was a notable, and 5% more if it was a keystone. (Not Safe for Frequent Respeccing. Which part of "destroyed" did you fail to understand?)

The fourth and final arm is the "Stunner". It focuses on the Scion's huge tracts of land personality.

1: "The less you hide, the more you get" - Grants 10% increased armour, evasion, and energy shield and 1% increased sex appeal per 1% unblemished skin shown.

2: "Veteran Seamstress" - Mends the hole in the Scion's trousers, gives her a bath, and increases sex appeal by 25%. Reduces incoming damage from male humanoid enemies by sex appeal%.

3: "The less you hide, the more you get" - Grants 10% increased armour, evasion, and energy shield and 1% increased sex appeal per 1% unblemished skin shown.

4: "Enhanced Cleavage" – Hide the graphics of any worn body armour and increases cleavage by 25%.

For the munchkins out there, note that Ascendant Lumberjacks will occasionally sing, and that Enhanced Cleavage does work with Lumberjack, though the result is definitely Not Safe For Work. It appears they treat Enhanced Cleavage as a permanent 25% Clothing Damage bonus when Lumberjack has been picked.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
It HAS to be something from other ascendancy classes! Or else im MAD!!

(I wan't to continue rf scion and REALLY REALLY wan't templar aoe node)
"
Tempada wrote:
Maybe the Scion can pick any single Ascendancy class, but she only gets 4 points instead of 6.
why would you roll scion in such case?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:
Maybe the Scion can pick any single Ascendancy class, but she only gets 4 points instead of 6.

Better location/easier access in certain cases.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
"
Tempada wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
Tempada wrote:

Better location/easier access in certain cases.

Ya, but that is scion's current state, so in effect ascendancy is gonna maker her weaker, if she gets only 4 points.
Last edited by Tereng on Feb 13, 2016, 2:05:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info