Will Ascendancy bring back Evasion builds?

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:34:21 PM
"
Will Ascendancy bring back Evasion builds?

no you cant bring back something which is still here
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Evasion works fine on ranged character. Evasion + Dodge + Spell dodge + Taste + Coil = safe.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Last edited by _Zerk_ on Feb 12, 2016, 11:17:41 AM
Ascension will bring back EV melee builds. EV ranged has always been fine.

Raider and Trickers have % more chance to evade buffs that are great.

On top of that there will be more ways to incorporate Blind with Saboteur and Stibnite. Better quartz flasks is also great.

The days of combining dodge with block will be back, and getting a 75/75 dodge with simultaneous 75/75 block will not be impossible (inb4 nerf).
Last edited by Ceryneian on Feb 12, 2016, 1:15:36 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

On top of that there will be more ways to incorporate Blind with Saboteur and Stibnite. Better quartz flasks is also great.

The days of combining dodge with block will be back, and getting a 75/75 dodge with simultaneous 75/75 block will not be impossible (inb4 nerf).

Pretty much this.
Blind+enfeeble+dodge+block+evasion.

Saboteurs using BoR as melee could be kind of nice.

But I don't think, reaching 75/75 is possible at the same time, maybe gladiators could reach max spellblock even with acrobatics, but their normal block would be 40-45% at best if they still want to pick up dmg nodes.
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Thanks for the info, as a Melee EV build this was the kind info I was looking for. I already use Enfeeble, but without blasphemy as I can't stack that yet, nor do you really need it. I run Grace with Clarity which takes 85% of my mana in reserve, plan on running AA and Purity of Elements if need be for certain maps when I unlock EB.
I thought about running blind with my flame totem as well.
Played this league with a Acro / P.Acro build without using coil or taste of hate .
Did every map in the game , some maps I had to log out but honestly I never felt like Evasion wasn't working .

So from my point of view evasion works great as long as you choose the content that you run carefully .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Feb 12, 2016, 8:49:16 PM
"
tryhardgg wrote:
Played this league with a Acro / P.Acro build without using coil or taste of hate .
Did every map in the game , some maps I had to log out but honestly I never felt like Evasion wasn't working .

So from my point of view evasion works great as long as you choose the content that you run carefully .

melee or ranged?

nobody is saying it doesn't work well on ranged characters. it does and will always continue working great on ranged characters. melee is another story
"
Raudram wrote:
But there's no way for me to incorporate either block of armor/ES into my bow build, there's neither itemization nor nodes to support such a thing.

its possible to do bow builds with them but the thing, ur using a bow. Thats exactly what Acrobatics was designed for, a pure Evasion bow build from what I can tell.

Heres the thing though, its supposed to be like that for bows, its supposed to be 1 shotty. I know it sounds harsh but bows are the most powerful thing in the entire game, theyre ultranuts. If crit bows were just naturally tanky with access to huge amounts of armour and energy shield then serious people wouldnt play anything else basically. Same with crit daggers, same part of the tree, if you take the standard tree shape to get your dps and life with those weapons your held in a place of low defense, on purpose, because GGG does actually balance glass cannon choices against more tanky choices, its not the case that any bow build or caster build can get everything every melee build can etc.

You can still take armour with crit daggers and bows via duelist hybrid nodes, jewels, energised armour to turn the shadows es nodes into armour, its there but you have to go out of your way to get it and cant get the sort of levels a marauder/duelist/ranger spanning tree would. Thats on purpose, thats making sure high crit attacks are defensively lacking compared to RT. But then theres lightning coil and taste of hate which are basically armour, 2 items, you use them, you now essentially have decent armour, just keep up endu charges and flask when ur in trouble. This is why theyre so popular for bow and spell builds and why acro gets used in so many strong builds, most of them have a coil which means they basically have armour. If you dont have a coil youre going to need actual armour or a gargantuan life pool if you want the same level of defense, and that means no acro unless youre going kaoms or something.

"
MumenRider wrote:

I already use Enfeeble, but without blasphemy as I can't stack that yet, nor do you really need it. I run Grace with Clarity which takes 85% of my mana in reserve, plan on running AA and Purity of Elements if need be for certain maps when I unlock EB.
I thought about running blind with my flame totem as well.

Ok not sure on the specifics of the build.

This is a melee build ya? Whats the attack setup? Physical damage? If its physical you really want to be running grace + hatred endgame if you can get reduced reserve either form tree or enlighten. Arctic Armour is not that good tbh, use it if you have to obviously. If you want to make a serious evasion melee you can do that right now, you dont need ascendacy, what you need is a Lightning Coil and a Taste Of Hate flask. Run those items with Grace + Hatred, take acro/phacro, pure ev gear in all other slots. Done, thats probably as strong a defense setup as almost any armour, ar+ev, es or hybrid es melee setup is getting.

Youre leveling up now right? Thats why youve got clarity running? In endgame are you going to get vitality void from the duelist/ranger area? That would be the best way to cover life and mana leech, but from the sounds of it you are going eb? like eldtritch battery?

In my opinion if you are going that way you might have a hard time with things. Honestly the way to make proper evasion melee, in my opinion so obviously take it with a pinch of salt, is to span Shadow to Ranger to Duelist if its a life build. Only go north of the Shadow if you need Nightstalker, and then only go as far as that cluster. the further up the tree you get the more defensively weak you are going to find urself generally speaking. If I was to go north and have some sort of energy shield Id actually want it to be energy shield I think, and Id want a lot of it with possibly ghost reaver and vaal pact, I dont think Id be using dodge. But having tried a lot of hybrids I know what theyre good at, I know what theyre not good at, I have insane hybrid gear and all my life based right side melees are lightning coil + phase acro evasion based. For melee imo its stronger. Melee fuels infinitely off 0.4% mana leech + maybe 8% free mana, thats literally it to make a melee builds resources sustain in most cases. Either Charisma nodes, lvl3 Enlighten or an Alphas Howl will let you fuel with 2x 50% reserves.
blind + flame totem is very good btw, at least it was last time I missed with it. Another option you have now is blind + blade vortex, maybe on a cwdt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info