Standard versus league drop rates

No one is entitled to anything, I just feel like drop rates are reduced when it comes to standard for the first month or so of new league. I don't get why you people feel threatened and revert to insults the moment someone bring any criticism.

I played 3k hours on 1 character magic finding on standard, and i get better card drop rates in talisman without any ir/iq in gear, than my 100iq/340ir, or 172iq/180ir Character.

Stop being keyboard warriors and lets have a meaningful discussion please.
"
edys007 wrote:
No one is entitled to anything, I just feel like drop rates are reduced when it comes to standard for the first month or so of new league.

Can't speak for everyone but have been playing in standard since talisman started and I've had excellent drops. So far had 5 T1's drop and tons of currency. :)
Spoiler
Sadly 4 of 'em were Goddess Bounds though. Had a mjolner drop but can't link since I gave it to a friend.
xD
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
The only difference is because in Standard Currency stagnates and every currency from previous league gets sent there. With Temp Leagues the economy is given a clean slate so prices tend to be much lower and thus usually give the illusion of better rates.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
MoralityisKey wrote:
I thought I was the only one who had that feeling.

Me too, i made more currency in this league that an entire year playing satndard, luck?, I dont think so
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
I like how no matter how many times people have to tell others RNG is RNG in this game, they somehow think anecdotal evidence trumps the almighty random number generator in the sky. Roll a dice with about 400 or so different sides a couple thousand times. Good, you now know approximately how drops work in this game. Sometimes you get a drop and sometimes you don't.

Seriously shut the fuck up about this "I definitely feel the changed drop rates because this particular month/day/nanosecond seemed bad" shit. Yes GGG sets weights to drops, no I doubt they change them to try to pressure participating in leagues. That choice is up to you.

Our lord and savior RNGesus works in mysterious ways... Or at least does if you don't bother to look up what the hell a frigging random number generator is. I really hope none of you have kids that grow up to be researchers: "We have discovered today that Fruity Pebbles causes asthma. 62% of people kids that eat Fruity Pebbles had aesthma attacks shortly after eating them. No we did not check to see who had asthma before consuming Fruity Pebbles. We don't know how many kids who did consume Fruity Pebbles had asthma and didn't have an asthma attack. But five of us on this research team had asthma attacks after consuming Fruity Pebbles as kids and that is enough people out of ten billion people to say for certain, these two things are related. Tomorrow we shall determine that indeed, a quarter will come up heads 75% of the time without fail. Because we did it once. With a penny."
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Feb 11, 2016, 7:46:41 AM
I think all the people in this thread are on to a very well-hid, dark and disturbing secret...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Ofc the drop rates are not the same lol .
R.I.P 4.B.
After playing in tali for 6-7 weeks, I switched to my mf character back on standard and I have definitely been seeing worse drops even though my tali characters lacked mf. Although I would say the sample size is not large enough. Interesting thought though. Never even considered this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info