[2.3 Video Guide] Dual Spark Crit Totems Ascendant/Inquisitor [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Video Guide: Path of Exile: Dual Spark Crit Totem Build Guide [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

This video will explain the details and help you get a better understanding of how this character works as well as showing in-game footage of how the build performs.

If you have any questions about the build come to my twitch stream and I will do my best to answer them:

Lifting's Twitch Live Stream Channel

This is the official thread for my Dual Spark Totem end-game scion build. In this thread, I will cover the most basic requirements of the build. To get a more detailed explanation of how the build works and needs to be set up, check out the link to my video-guide above.

First of all, what is this build and who is it suited for?

1. This build is designed for both new players and veterans alike. The build can run the highest level maps, including Atziri and the clear speed is great!

2. Someone who seeks a build that is fairly budget friendly - no unique items are required in order to make it work. There are however, a few very strong recommended ones.

3. Fans of Totems!

4. A build that is both viable for hardcore as well as softcore.

5. People who prefer a build that has a video-guide linked to it.

Build mechanic introduction:

For defenses, this build utilizes the Mind Over Matter keystone and Eldritch Battery. Ancestral Bond is used in order to summon 2 totems at a time.

Skill-gems and setups:

Primary Damage setup for Scion:

- Spell Totem, Spark, Faster Casting, Pierce, Lightning Penetration & Added Lightning Damage.

Note: If you are using the Call of the Brotherhood ring you need to substitute Lightning Penetration with Cold Penetration!

Primary Damage setup for Inquisitor:

- Spell Totem, Spark, Faster Casting, Pierce, Faster Projectiles/Controlled Destruction & Added Lightning Damage.

Secondary Damage Setup for Scion:

- Trap, Vaal Spark, Lightning Penetration/Cold Penetration & Pierce.

Secondary Damage Setup for Inquisitor:

- Trap, Vaal Spark, Faster Projectiles & Pierce.

Defensive Setup:

- Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 4), Arctic Breath (lvl 7), Greater Multiple Projectiles (max level) & Temporal Chains (lvl 7)

Auras/Mana Reservation & Curse:

- Wrath, Herald of Thunder Arctic Armor & Assassins' Mark.

Mobility & Defence:

- Whirling Blades, Faster Attacks & Fortify.

Note: this setup requires a dagger to use.

Utility Setup 1:

- Vaal Discipline, Stone Golem & Increased Duration.

Skill-trees & Ascendancy classes:

Option 1: Scion, Deadeye/Occultist

Spoiler

Ascendancy Points: Deadeye & Occultist (6 pts)

Leveling skill-tree, 36 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 69 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 90 points:

Finished skill-tree, 121 points: (115 points with Intuitive Leap) NB: Includes Ascendancy points.

Note, If you have an Intuitive Leap jewel: Grab Exceptional Performance (including the 2 10% duration nodes) and Totemic Zeal. This saves you 6 skill-points. Refer to the video or this screenshot to see what I mean.

- Option 2: Templar, Inquisitor

Spoiler

Ascendancy Points: Righteous Providence, Inevitable Judgement & Instruments of Virtue (6 pts)

Leveling skill-tree, 26 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 57 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 80 points:

Leveling skill-tree, 101 points:

Finished skill-tree, 115 points (includes Ascendancy points):

Note: That if you at any point need strength or dexterity, simply pick up the 30+ notables in the skill-tree and spec out of them later when you are able to cover these requirements via gear.

Leveling Tips:

1. Prioritize getting Ancestral Bond.
2. Equip 1 Lifesprig wand and 1 Abberath's Horn together. In the Lifesprig add in Flame Totem, Added Lightning Damage and Faster Casting.
3. Get a cheap 5-link or Tabula around level 40-50 and start using spark totems.

Note: If you have trouble sustaining the cost of Spark Totem via your energy shield, I'd recommend temporarily speccing into Zealot's Oath (skill-tree close to the templar) and using the Stone Golem. Using these two together, greatly increases ES regen. This shouldn't be necessary for end-game though!

Bandit Quest Rewards:

- Normal : Help Oak for 40+ life.
- Cruel : Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.
- Merciless: Kill them all for 1 extra skill point.

Gearing and stat priorities:

Defensive affixes, in priority:

1. Life
2. Elemental Resistances (75% on Merciless)
3. Energy Shield (Mind Over Matter)
4. Evasion
5. Chaos Resistance

Offensive affixes, in priority:

1. Increased Crit Multi%
2. Increased Crit Chance%
3. Increased Spell Damage%
4. Increased Cast Speed%

My Current Gear:

Jewels:

- Inc. Critical Strike Multiplier%
- Inc. Maximum life %
- Inc. Critical Strike Chance%
- Inc. Spell Damage%
- Inc. Totem Damage%
- Inc. Cast speed%

Flasks:
- 2x Seething Divine Life Flasks of Staunching
- 1x Ample Basalt Flask of Warding
- 1x Ample Granite Flask of Ironskin
- 1x Ample Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline

Recommended unique items:

Ring: Call of the Brotherhood

Spoiler

Gloves: Maligaro's Virtuosity

Spoiler

Outro:

The above information serves as a rough guideline to get you started with the build. I recommend watching my video guide, especially if you are new to the game. In the video I will explain some of the skills and how they work and how you should spend your skill points while leveling.

Video Guide: Path of Exile: Dual Spark Crit Totem Build Guide [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the build, but please do me the favor of watching the video first. It should explain a lot of the common questions you might have :)

Anyway, thank you for reading guys. I'll see you for my next beginners guide!

Stay safe!

Kind Regards
Lifting
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jun 8, 2016, 8:57:02 AM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2017, 11:48:01 AM
Reserved =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
looks great, going to be my first HC build I think
I am just starting to get into PoE. This looks like a very cool build I think I want to try next, thanks for posting. I had a real noob question: what is the leveling plan with a build like this (or maybe any full build)? Not just in terms of the in-process leveling passive skill plan (btw, thanks very much for including those) but in terms of what skill gems to use when you don't yet have all the links and support gems in your gear. Or does it not matter all that much prior to the 40-50 levels and higher?
I have a templar version that is pretty much the most op build out there that I've tried / could afford. Love mah spork totems!
Hey Lifting. Thanks for another great guide! Quick question though. Is this build any easier on the CPU than the blade vortex build? I've been playing the Blade Vortex one, and I get a LOT of lag between the blades and the blashpemy/warlord's mark combo to the point that the game actually crashed on me today. Does this build seem less cpu intensive? It's totems so you're not always right in the middle of mobs, but it's lightning with lots of projectiles so. Seems like it could go either way.

Thanks!
Well, well, it seems that the glory days of the Dual Spark Totem are back !

I'm definitely going to try this one !

Thanks for the very clear guide, as usual.
How is this in comparison to Blade Fall totems? Want to make a totem build...
I am curious to why we are running arctic armor on this? With the build, from what Ive played of it so far, you are always moving and never get the effect of AA.
I'd love to see a video of you doing Atziri with this build. I'm curious to see how you get past the Atziri split phase with Spark Totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info