Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

The most useless passive node cluster

"
raics wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Also, I really hope non scion/templar/witch will get 1-2 5% aoe nodes next patch. Its really counterintutive how melee aoe builds (duelist/marauder/duelist/ranger) have to work so hard to get any reason amount of aoe instead of being forced to play scion.

Once suggested a jewel with 1% AoE per 10 allocated dex, that good enough?

I've always disliked the idea of needing jewels (with allocation requirements) as enablement because a rare jewel provides potentially 7/8% life/es and about 30% damage for a great roll. It's one of the reasons thresholding was such a massive failure imo.

Question becomes if I can give up that much stat for potentially 5% aoe on an ideal location or could i simply use a class/subclass with built in Iaoe.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
just wanted to sneak in to oppose people who say the evasion is bad in general (btw its interesting to see the cycles in public opinions and mechanics popularity over the past seasons: evasion sucks, armour sucks, evasion sucks..)

in general, evasion is still better for ranged builds, armour for close range builds

of course, evasion can suck when you forget to include movement speed
similarly, armour sucks if you dont include endurance charges or LC
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Nephalim wrote:
Question becomes if I can give up that much stat for potentially 5% aoe on an ideal location or could i simply use a class/subclass with built in Iaoe.

I think it's a good kind of question, I'm all for options.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Nephalim wrote:

I've always disliked the idea of needing jewels (with allocation requirements) as enablement because a rare jewel provides potentially 7/8% life/es and about 30% damage for a great roll. It's one of the reasons thresholding was such a massive failure imo.

Interestingly, I've always disliked the idea of having #1 game mod, % life/es, on jewels because the lust for hp mods discourages many players from trying to do interesting things with jewels

"
Ludvator wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Interestingly, I've always disliked the idea of having #1 game mod, % life/es, on jewels because the lust for hp mods discourages many players from trying to do interesting things with jewels

Every time someone fills all slots with life jewels a small koala falls on someone's brand new car and scratches it all up.

"
raics wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Every time someone fills all slots with life jewels a small koala falls on someone's brand new car and scratches it all up.

Fallout from the great life node purge people have forgotten. Surviving is everything in poe if you have any desire to progress past level 90 so nearly everyone and their dog will try to shove life or ES into their jewels.

You can certainly optimize in a way that you dont need 7% life or 8% es but its so much easier just pump life/es and worry about damage afterwards.

Jewel and passive diversity is greatly hampered by lack of life nodes on the tree which is in turn a necessity brought on by continual player defense nerfs and monster damage spikes.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 10, 2016, 2:37:35 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
You can certainly optimize in a way that you dont need 7% life or 8% es but its so much easier just pump life/es and worry about damage afterwards.

Jewel and passive diversity is greatly hampered by lack of life nodes on the tree which is in turn a necessity brought on by continual player defense nerfs and monster damage spikes.

Right, not arguing that at all. But you know what's preventing us from spending all our points chasing life nodes all over the tree? Cost. You could spend five nodes just getting to the next life cluster or you could spend them on nodes that actually do something for you, at some point investing in something else gives better results than going after more life. However we don't have that with jewels, socketing an offense jewel costs the same as socketing a life jewel.

Apples-to-apples, no other stat competes with life, that's not even a choice.

Last edited by raics on Feb 10, 2016, 2:47:04 PM
@Nephalim

this is very close to what I say.. and if they made the hp mods on jewels legacy, they could probably bring back a bit life to the passive tree

I always considered jewels to have some "greater purpose" than giving you generic hp/damage. damage/defense/utility mods that are not present in your part of the tree, exploiting game mechanics with some interesting unique jewel combinations with specific build setups etc
"
Ludvator wrote:
@Nephalim

this is very close to what I say.. and if they made the hp mods on jewels legacy, they could probably bring back a bit life to the passive tree

I always considered jewels to have some "greater purpose" than giving you generic hp/damage. damage/defense/utility mods that are not present in your part of the tree, exploiting game mechanics with some interesting unique jewel combinations with specific build setups etc

It's a bit backwards, they nerfed life nodes in order to force us to compensate with life on jewels.
Jewels can not serve a greater purpose because nearly jewel or passive affix directly translates into a dps or ehp gain.

Quite literally you could just churn down every jewel affix and passive into an X% increased damage or X% increased life/EHP with enough math. This is an issue with a low diversity affix pool for both groups.

Threshold jewels were intended to fix this but were grossly underpowered and the stat req made most unusable.
I don't mind the 2 points for Reflexes, or 3 points passing through, but I've never taken Path of the Hunter, or the movement speed nodes leading up to it so I'd be happy to see some improvement to that area.

The thing is evasion has severe diminishing returns and is not even too reliable by itself so it doesn't make much sense to invest into anyting but the most efficient sources of %evasion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info