The most useless passive node cluster

The evasion cluster near scion. Does anyone actually use these?

- I feel like evasion as a whole is kind of horrible without lightning coil and taste and giving the player 12% measly evasion per node is absolutely pointless. Why not revamp this cluster do something like 8% evasion, .3% life regen and 2% life so it's at least semi competitive with generic 4% life nodes? There are many clusters that are underused but the evasion cluster is absolutely worthless.

- While were at it, can we finally get back some of the life lost during the purge? It's no secret path of life nodes has simply become path of scion life wheel. I despise having to go here for any life based build.

Ascendancy has the potential to fix a lot of these issues but I don't have high hopes in players gaining power from the passive tree anymore.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
You're right, the cluster sucks. Actually, I'm of the opinion that the left wheel shouldn't provide life at all, it should be an armor cluster with some life only on the notable, same for the right wheel. Of course, I'd also swap her regen nodes for life and move regen to Path of the warrior notable. To compensate for the rest of it I'd give every life node on the tree some base life.

I'd do the same to armor and evasion, ES and mana, have them provide base stat with every point. Probably for accuracy nodes too, some base + percentage, it would mean a lot to builds that don't have high dex as accuracy jewelry is currently mandatory for those.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
its not designed so that you take all of them, technically speaking none of the clusters are supposed to be that way (its just that only the evasion one actually ends up that way)

you take the notable and the two nodes leading into and leaving it this gives you access to he duelist tree while bypassing a ton a travel through and or around the ranger. or access to the shadow

the problem with converting that scion bubble from life too armor is that you would completely annihilate her access to life and make her an even worse option to build life around. life nodes are too few , have too low values and are too dispersed around the tree for that too work at all. She is already extremely travel node heavy as a by product of all of those jewels and half efficiency nodes.

and while improving the value of the nodes we have is cool. that doesnt really help the scion early game because .. well remove the life bubble and she would be the only class without a starting life cluster. I dont think she needs to be anymore difficult to start with than she already is.

maybe do you armor change , but make her only life option actually good. like 4% life + .4% life regen and 8% mana 8% mana regen instead of the shit she has now currently leading into shaper which are the worst nodes for a character start in the game.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 10, 2016, 7:31:52 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
maybe do you armor change , but make her only life option actually good. like 4% life + .4% life regen and 8% mana 8% mana regen instead of the shit she has now currently leading into shaper which are the worst nodes for a character start in the game.

Of course, I already mentioned she would need a set of decent life nodes instead of regen.

Actually, she's kinda off in her passive distribution, I'd probably do it this way:

Left exit - mana and life
Bottom exit - melee damage and projectile damage
Right exit - spell damage and attack damage
Path of the warrior - attack speed
Path of the hunter - move speed
Path of the savant - cast speed

And swap crit multi nodes for resists, move regen to Path of the Warrior notable, crit multi to Path of the Hunter notable, give some crit chance to Path of the Savant notable to even out.

Hmm, or maybe also combine starting nodes a bit, so 'attack speed and dex' would become 'attack damage and move speed' and have combined minor bonuses from their branches. Also, add another three node branch on the opposite side. So bottom two nodes would have block chance on one side and maybe equal amount of dodge chance on the other. Move AoE nodes to the right and have the left with two sets of three nodes, one with mana regen and the other with life regen.

Something like that, not really give her starting area significantly more power, just redistribute it in a more accessible way.

Last edited by raics on Feb 10, 2016, 7:56:13 AM
oh im saying to have those nodes do both . so both the life and the regen. and mana /mana regen the current scion life bubble and the jewel slot are the only things justifying having such terrible start nodes on that side of the scion.

it is less about making her more powerful but rather making travel too her viable after removing the scion life wheel.

it takes a ton of travel nodes to get too her as is, something that isnt really recouped in the jewel slots until one can afford respectable 3 mod jewels. this is after all exactly why this thread was started.

the evasion nodes heck that side of the scion is not very rewarding. if it werent for that one crit bubble , i doubt that lane would see much action as anything other than a costly method of escape.
Agreed, Paths are the long way around so they aren't used much. There are two solutions for that, shorten it or make Path nodes extremely attractive. I suggested once how to equalize them, might still have the diagram stashed somewhere, but judging by the amount of work Scion start got since introduction, they seem to be considering fine as it is and instead aim to make Scion more attractive in other ways. First step were jewel nodes and the second one is her ascendancy, which is anybody's guess.

I suppose the band aid solution would be having two wheels, armor+life and evasion+life with lower amounts per node but higher total in both. Also, wheels could be reduced to 6 nodes instead of 8, that would also make exiting by Path branch more feasible.

Last edited by raics on Feb 10, 2016, 9:34:59 AM
ya that cluster does suck. im currently running through it by only because its the shorter pathing option and not because i want to.

%evasion is not great. its in a really bad spot and its values should almost be doubled to see anybody pick them up. evasion itself is not great. i understand you need to have diminishing values but with evasion this is counter-active to how it works at all.

with one jade flask you can basically get 40-50% evasion. why go through so much work in crazy high evasion value gear (3-4 slots) and 10-12 passives just to make that go upwards of 70%? you're much better off investing in another layer of defense which works aloneside evasion like dodge or block or just straight up life at that point.
The lower right quarter of the tree already is BY FAR the best part of the tree.
Vaal Pact, best block nodes, best flask nodes, Acro/PhaseAcro, iron reflexes, frenzy charges, the best DoT nodes, very good crit nodes
Pretty much all high end builds are located between scion/shadow/ranger/duelist.
(CoC (Discharge), poison trapper, Bow Builds...)

The EV circle IS pretty bad, but if something needs a buff, then it really isnt that part of the tree.
"
azraelb wrote:

The EV circle IS pretty bad, but if something needs a buff, then it really isnt that part of the tree.

I agree. It's fine to have under used clusters but to have one so blatantly bad that no one outside new players would even consider using is just bad design.

Also, I really hope non scion/templar/witch will get 1-2 5% aoe nodes next patch. Its really counterintutive how melee aoe builds (duelist/marauder/duelist/ranger) have to work so hard to get any reason amount of aoe instead of being forced to play scion.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Also, I really hope non scion/templar/witch will get 1-2 5% aoe nodes next patch. Its really counterintutive how melee aoe builds (duelist/marauder/duelist/ranger) have to work so hard to get any reason amount of aoe instead of being forced to play scion.

Once suggested a jewel with 1% AoE per 10 allocated dex, that good enough?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info