What do you still expect from the remaining Ascendancy classes?

"
Nephalim wrote:
Curses cant really be a thing until curse immune maps are removed or altered. Even solo, you have to burn chaos orbs each time one spawns on a dedicated curse character.

I can't find the post that covers this, but after Ghudda released that video of him 100% slowing everything using Curses, GGG mentioned somewhere that they would be revising the mechanics of Cursing in Ascendancy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Curse Immunity become Curse "Resistance" (reduced effect of Curses) or something along these lines.
Actually,

Scion gaining the ability to do ANY classes Ascendancy would fit her theme I'd think and would be pretty sweet.
Really hoping that the last Marauder sub class has "Fortify" like the duelist, but I doubt it :P
"
Nephalim wrote:
Curses cant really be a thing until curse immune maps are removed or altered. Even solo, you have to burn chaos orbs each time one spawns on a dedicated curse character.

I don't agree. Curse immune mobs should be removed, but there are plenty of map mods that necessitate rerolling. Should no regen and blood magic map mods also be removed from the pool?
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I hope there's more love for totems.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
I don't agree. Curse immune mobs should be removed, but there are plenty of map mods that necessitate rerolling. Should no regen and blood magic map mods also be removed from the pool?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
The mara getting spell casting seems bad. Its like running a melee witch, but slightly better since you can at least get life/armour to start.

I hope its totem based with heavy fire notables. This would make them work well with RF and can also compliment Infernal Blow etc.

Considering the witch, its going to 100% be curse related + ____?____. Its going to give you an additional curse or more and we will finally be able to quad-curse effectively. Additionally im guessing mobs are going to see further debuffs on them for every curse.

Though i fear ill never choose it since rolling maps with no curse was especially painful for my recent dual curse melee char.
I'm guessing the Marauder class will have stuff like "All your spells have Iron Will" and "You can spend life as if it was mana." Witch class will be defense & support-oriented - ES, curses, auras, and mana. No clue on the missing Templar class.
"
rdespair wrote:
I'm guessing the Marauder class will have stuff like "All your spells have Iron Will" and "You can spend life as if it was mana." Witch class will be defense & support-oriented - ES, curses, auras, and mana. No clue on the missing Templar class.
Come on Guys!! follow logic and your heart!

Last mara class looks like a Shaman... a druid

last league featured a boss that can summon wolfs(we can too with the ring) and that can turn into a wolf himself

the best guess is that the last marauder is a Druid, a nature oriented battlemage that will have synergy between spell cast and being a warrior with some Wolf flavoured bonus
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
"
Nephalim wrote:

Except curse immune is far more common than blood magic and their balanced around that fact. Same for hema maps which gimp nearly every build but are so rare that its reasonable.

No regen maps dont generally shut down most builds.

Curse immune and ele weak have no place in the game anymore outside of gimping dedicated multi curses and requiring an implicit gear check in the form of mandating 34 additional resists on top of max.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 10, 2016, 1:31:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info