Firestorm DPS Calculation?

I know this has probably been a thread before, but i really want to know the exact dps of my firestorm, and i literally have absolutely no idea how to calculate it.

My firestorm "Avg. Damage" is 5,829.4 and lasts exactly 3 seconds.
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 12:19:23 AM
It also depends on your AoE, since more AoE results in fewer fireballs hitting each target on average It's horrible to calculate. That said, someone made a calucator here. No idea how accurate it is.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Feb 7, 2016, 8:20:41 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
It also depends on your AoE, since more AoE results in fewer fireballs hitting each target on average It's horrible to calculate. That said, someone made a calucator here. No idea how accurate it is.

Yeah it seemed like one of those skills that'd just be ridiculous to calculate

Edit: if it's accurate, i have about 300k dps
Last edited by GetRekz on Feb 7, 2016, 8:41:29 PM
Single projectile dps
Area of Effect
Chance to hit
Duration

Four elements for calculation. Simply, calculate your projectile dps and after it follow this formula:

Spdps * x cast per sec (x2 with echo) / area of effect
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
GetRekz wrote:
Yeah it seemed like one of those skills that'd just be ridiculous to calculate

Edit: if it's accurate, i have about 300k dps

It somewhat is, a lot of probability involved. There are some approximations, for one it assumes the meteor is equally likely to fall anywhere in the area which may or may not be true. If they have a bias toward the center that would mean you have more dps versus single targets and that your average dps on AoE clearing is about the same. I also ignored the edge of the AoE as that would be a pointless hassle.

Anyway, it should be accurate enough, within 10% or something. The main problem is understanding the results, as you will probably reach 'sustained dps' very rarely. It will realistically be somewhere between that and single firestorm dps, now that firestorm duration is longer it's even less likely to reach sustained dps versus regular targets.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 8, 2016, 7:08:51 AM
It also depends on the size of your target. Bulls are easier to hit than the little lightning bugs. From my own experience, +20% AoE has next to no effect on single-target damage, but is really strong for pack clearing. +40% is noticable, but not terrible. YMMV.
"
raics wrote:
It will realistically be somewhere between that and single firestorm dps, now that firestorm duration is longer it's even less likely to reach sustained dps versus regular targets.

Actually, let me provide an example on this.

Let's say your sustained dps is 100k, your cast time is 0,5s and a firestorm lasts 5s, which means you reach sustained dps in 10 casts.

Now, if you do 4 casts shortly after which all enemies drop dead that means you reached 40k dps and the average you were doing to the group over 2-something seconds is 20k dps. If you did 4 casts and left it at that after which it took 2 more seconds for them to die, you were doing 30k on average over 4s. And so on, it can be linearly approximated even though it isn't exactly right but with firestorm nothing is really exact, the best you can hope for is a good estimate.

Didn't know who the quote, cause each of your's info seems legit, i think that the calculator was probably pretty close, i've watched other players with around 300k dps do atziri, and when i do atizir ( just normal) i spam firestorms on her for a good 5-6 seconds, and if she doesnt heal phase instantly, after about 3 seconds she's near 35-40%
Hey, thread necro. Was interested in this topic, found this, played with calculator, and the numbers seem off. The difference between single cast dps and sustained is too wide.

For instance, if I punch in casting time of 1.00s, and leave all else alone(100dmg per hit, no AOE modifers, 2s duration), I get a single use dps of 230, and a sustained of 921. But that doesn't make any sense, since with a cast of 1 and a duration of 2, I'm only ever going to have 2 going at any one time, meaning my dps should be 460. Double, not quadruple.

It seems what they are doing is multiplying the number of hits per cast(4.61) by the number of firestorms active, and then multiplying that by the damage per hit. But that would require each to do all of the damage it will do over the duration every second, rather than over the course of the duration.

So in order to use this, you have to divide the result by the duration. If you play around with it, you'll see that the DPS still goes up as duration does, just linearly rather than exponentially.
"
Saleet wrote:
For instance, if I punch in casting time of 1.00s, and leave all else alone(100dmg per hit, no AOE modifers, 2s duration), I get a single use dps of 230, and a sustained of 921. But that doesn't make any sense, since with a cast of 1 and a duration of 2, I'm only ever going to have 2 going at any one time, meaning my dps should be 460. Double, not quadruple.

It seems what they are doing is multiplying the number of hits per cast(4.61) by the number of firestorms active, and then multiplying that by the damage per hit. But that would require each to do all of the damage it will do over the duration every second, rather than over the course of the duration.

So in order to use this, you have to divide the result by the duration. If you play around with it, you'll see that the DPS still goes up as duration does, just linearly rather than exponentially.

Good catch, it will be fixed right away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info