Ascendancy Changes to Zana's Maps

"
Kingoko wrote:
Tiers are ok, just get used to it

I have gotten used to the tier system but there is one thing i absolutely HATE and ive yet to see anyone mention it....

So on the old system (And now) ive always made my tabs for 4 tiers of maps. For example: ill have the first tab T1-4 the second T5-8 Ect. So once there first tabs begin to fill to capacity ill begin to vendor some of the low lvl shitty tiers for the next tier up. Well used to i could simply search 68, 69, 70 ect as well as the quality. 20%, 15%, 1% ect. NOW i cant search ANYTHING regarding maps.

I can put Tier 1, T1, 1, Nothing works, it seems now when i put number in like that its not going by the map tiers but the ilvl of the maps instead which make sorting and finding maps rather a pain in the ass now. the only way you can search maps now is by ilvl they dropped which is useless it will show multiple tiers, or by the name only. So if they wish to keep the tier system that whatever but they DO need to fix the search function of maps. T1, T2, T3 ect.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 8, 2016, 5:20:27 AM
The available tier changes seem really good for average players (though we'll have to wait to see the prices of higher tier maps). The mod change, dunno how it will impact anything, unless Zana can sell a rare map with her mod included (I doubt this will happen).

Anyway, I really think you should reshape the map system more deeply : as an average player (who invested quite some time in the game, but has to work, have a life and so on), I feel frustrated with the fact I simply can't access the high-end content. Not because I have weak characters, just because high tier maps won't drop (though I chisel and alch my maps). As I don't have the currency to keep chiseling indefinitely and even less currency to buy high tier maps, I'm just banned from the high end content.

Of course, there will be players who will say "uh, you're wrong the game is so easy, I steam-roll tier 15 maps and make 5 exalts an hour", but I don't think this experience is actually true for that many players (like 5 or 10% of them ?).

Considering you already have HC leagues for hardcore players, any love for average players would be welcome.
Last edited by Pingouinmalin on Feb 8, 2016, 5:18:32 AM
I feel like this is the right time and place for me to raise the issue of map drop rates again. I'm desperately trying to reach level 90 in Talisman here, and forced to do so in, at best, tier 6-7 maps. Chiselling and Alch-ing the heck out of the ones i do have, yet all i get back is some Dungeons and Pits. The game is laughing in my face.

My teeth are ground to a minimum by this point x'( Please do something!
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
Kingoko wrote:

I have gotten used to the tier system but there is one thing i absolutely HATE and ive yet to see anyone mention it....

So on the old system (And now) ive always made my tabs for 4 tiers of maps. For example: ill have the first tab T1-4 the second T5-8 Ect. So once there first tabs begin to fill to capacity ill begin to vendor some of the low lvl shitty tiers for the next tier up. Well used to i could simply search 68, 69, 70 ect as well as the quality. 20%, 15%, 1% ect. NOW i cant search ANYTHING regarding maps.

I can put Tier 1, T1, 1, Nothing works, it seems now when i put number in like that its not going by the map tiers but the ilvl of the maps instead which make sorting and finding maps rather a pain in the ass now. the only way you can search maps now is by ilvl they dropped which is useless it will show multiple tiers, or by the name only. So if they wish to keep the tier system that whatever but they DO need to fix the search function of maps. T1, T2, T3 ect.

You need a semicolon. It tells you when you mouseover that friendly question mark right next to the search box.
Example, tier:1 shows only tier one maps.

Edit: oops it's not a question mark, it's a lowercase i in a circle.
Anyway here's a picture of what I mean.

Last edited by Extreme_Boyheat on Feb 8, 2016, 5:28:54 AM
Awesome!
"
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
Kingoko wrote:

You need a semicolon. It tells you when you mouseover that friendly question mark right next to the search box.
Example, tier:1 shows only tier one maps.

No Shit?... And thats literally the ONLY thing i haven't tried! Ill give that a swing this afternoon after work. Dude thanks alot i use that search so much on maps and it was a bit fustrating since in the past you simply put the number in and go. Sweet.. In that case... Yeah figuring out Tier=lvl isnt that hard.. 68=1 73=5 78=10 83=15 i mean ive pretty much got that part memorized.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 8, 2016, 5:36:27 AM
For everyone wondering why OP was given in lvl instead of tier. It's because zana missions can give you a lvl 74 T11 map. For her missions, they're not tied together like regular maps. It's also how the first twinned map I completed was a T12 (or whatever courtyard is, to lazy to lookup), because zana opened one that was like level 72.
great changes :D Now im waiting to be able to hold all masters 8lvl in ho- PLEASE :D
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
It was time that something changed in terms of maps, in Talisman'm doing maps with the crazy mod (T 10 with 105 Quantity '90 Rarity') and the maximum that falls are all under the T 8 ....

"The old Path Of Eexile was fun and just as a game, and now changed"
"
Richard_skull wrote:
For everyone wondering why OP was given in lvl instead of tier. It's because zana missions can give you a lvl 74 T11 map. For her missions, they're not tied together like regular maps. It's also how the first twinned map I completed was a T12 (or whatever courtyard is, to lazy to lookup), because zana opened one that was like level 72.

you're right: map designs are assigned to tiers and they're not always bound to the map's itemlevel. but mostly they are :-S

you can start a certain map but afterwards there is no telling which tier you started, you can look up the usual tier of the map layout in the wiki but it doesn't necessarily has to be the real tier.

why did they introduce tiers when it doesn't say anything about the itemlevel? i thought the reason of the introduction was to hide the ever increasing split between the player level and the difficulty of a map of the same level. but if map tiers aren't bound to map levels that doesn't make sense.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info