[3.0] Windripper Tornado shot magic finder

double post sorry
Last edited by max1982 on Aug 24, 2017, 3:08:37 PM
"
Ambro789 wrote:
I noticed Lanfear88 mentioned getting levels before going MF. That seems to be true. I am lvl 76 and I cannot survive at all. In fact, I am not even killing the final boss in maps. If a box freezes me, I leave that alone as well. The reason being 10% death penalty. I feel like around level 86 life will be a bit more easy, however, maps will get harder.

Love this build and having fun, just having to be very careful or I will never level. I am not sure what to do to live more. Have to have dps, but need life also, hard to do both. I took my belt that has iiq and iir off for now until I can get my life up. I can see where Kaom's could help, but the cost sucks. A rat's nest with additional arrow is like 8ex min 30ex for 2 arrows. This is one expensive build for sure.

Ye its pointless to use MF gear when leveling, use it when you are comfortable with life and dps, and add one and one piece.

I took a look at your gear and i can see why you are struggling. You miss vaal pact which is the main defense mechanism. You miss leech since u didnt pick up the claw nodes. First, get rid of the 5 nodes spent on mana (mana flows, essence sap), and use them on the claw nodes up to the leech one (soul raker). and get 1 point to spend on vaal pact. Also remove the empower from your aura setup and put it in wep swap slot to level it, you need some extra unreserved mana when you have low damage. Put it in again later when u got better gear/levels.

Your flask setup is totally horrible. Get instant life flasks, use quicksilver flask, diamond flask and basalt flask (Later dying sun when u got currency). with rith one rolled with freeze immunity, one with curse immunity and one with movespeed. life flasks should have bleed removal.

Your rings/amulet/belt are super bad. You can add me and contact me ingame and i will give u some upgrades for free. Also use atziris step for goldwyrm until higher level.

Dont use rats nest with additional secondary arrows, its too expensive. Use a rare helm with the enchant instead, it also helps with resists and accuracy and life.
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
"
AHaKuH wrote:
Hey friend! I just want to ask a few things about the build

I've tried bow ranger in the past and I gave up on it at level 87 due to having a slow PC and dying too much because of it. I'm thinking about coming back and trying it again since I LOVE bow builds and I screwed up most of my other non-bow builds. I even spent 2 exalts to buy orb of regrets and now I regret it...ironic *sad smile*

Do you think I'll be able to play it on the current league? I have about 5-6 exalts in harbinger at the moment but I'm thinking of keeping them for now.
Will a 5 link Windripper work? I also have a 5 link armor and I can try to craft it with good stats...or at least decent.
My last question would be on how to progress the tree because my last ranger had about 4000 HP and the mobs were BRUTAL.

I just want to know if I'll be able to get it started with minimal costs and hopefully get better returns in the future.

PS: If I get a mirror drop I promise I'll get a 6 link *cries in casual*

For one, this is a scion and have easy access to life wheel, and you can reach 5.5-6k hp without kaom. Kaom is the best option but is super expensive in league currently and should be upgraded to later.

I would start of with mainly dps items and upgrade later to gg MF gear that is used in the guide.

To start off i would buy a 6 link chest and just get a good roll windripper without needing to link it. Just make sure it is eva or hybrid eva based, because u need 3 green sockets. Here is a premade search i made for u: http://poe.trade/search/asiniatooboima

Should cost you around 40c for the 6l and 25c for a good roll windripper.

Grab a rare helm with +2 tornado shot projectiles - should be 20-40c.

maligaro gloves 2-3c.

Atziri's step boots 2c ish + grab acrobatics and phase acrobatics from skill tree.

crit multi, crit chance, life, accuracy quiver. dunno here, 10-20c?

Life resist and preferably WED/accuracy rings. Huge price ranges here. from 5c to 100c.

heavy belt/Leather belt with life wed resists. 5 - 20c.

Biscos collar 70c

Pick up life nodes on tree first, jewel sockets later when u got currency to buy good jewels.

Edit: forgot the 6l gems. TS, GMP, Ice Bite, WED, increased critical strikes, added lightning damage.

Thank you for the reply. These are some really good items you've recommended me so I'm going to save it and try it out when I've stacked up on some currency. I'm still trying out some other builds so I don't know when it will happen but I'm definitely going to try a bow build in the future. Good luck and have fun.
First thanks for the guide! So far I'm enjoying this build. I'm only level 41 currently and was curious about the mana in later levels. With running wrath and herald of ice taking up 90%+ of your mana, is it just at lower level you can't really use both because of the low pool of mana?
"
First thanks for the guide! So far I'm enjoying this build. I'm only level 41 currently and was curious about the mana in later levels. With running wrath and herald of ice taking up 90%+ of your mana, is it just at lower level you can't really use both because of the low pool of mana?

Don't use it with empower on lower levels if you use that. Otherwise you should be fine. you can temporarily pick up essence sap if you still struggle
double
Last edited by Lanfear88 on Aug 28, 2017, 12:48:51 PM
i'm currently making a scion with this build in the temp league harbinger
and i'm having mana problems is the corrupted lioneye's fall responsible for all the mana regen? is there somthing i can do to not have to use a flask every second shot?
and the skill tree is from an earlier version then 3.0 so some things are missing or atleest it looks like it
is there 2 definated best ways to go for acendancy? like deadeye and occult or somthing?

i have already gotten all the gear needed except that which is not available in harbinger
would it be wrong to think that it's at about level 60 this build takes off?

Thank you :)
"
Sethem wrote:
and i'm having mana problems is the corrupted lioneye's fall responsible for all the mana regen? is there somthing i can do to not have to use a flask every second shot?
and the skill tree is from an earlier version then 3.0 so some things are missing or atleest it looks like it
is there 2 definated best ways to go for acendancy? like deadeye and occult or somthing?

i have already gotten all the gear needed except that which is not available in harbinger

Yes, you need the claw node Soul Raker + lioneyes fall to get any mana leech and any meaningful life leech. You can pick up essence sap until you get that. Skill tree is working fine for me, remember u can start at ranger when you pick raider +2 nodes.

Yes - elementalist/raider.

build doesnt come online at 60. It comes online when u get high gem levels of wrath, herald of ice, added lightning/ice bite and lvl 80 ish i would say.
This build looks fun, just starting to level my scion to try it. Any possibility of you posting a PoB for us leaguers without access to the GG standard items? Thanks for the guide!
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
"
Sethem wrote:

Yes, you need the claw node Soul Raker + lioneyes fall to get any mana leech and any meaningful life leech. You can pick up essence sap until you get that. Skill tree is working fine for me, remember u can start at ranger when you pick raider +2 nodes.

Yes - elementalist/raider.

build doesnt come online at 60. It comes online when u get high gem levels of wrath, herald of ice, added lightning/ice bite and lvl 80 ish i would say.

Thank you very much for the descriptive answer
can't wait to get going for real i surely need the extra drops ^^!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info