[3.0] Windripper Tornado shot magic finder

"
max1982 wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks for the guide. I moved from SRS to Tornado shot. I followed most of the guide but the skill tree i went different direction for more life base.
The problem am having is DPS. I cant seem to figure out what am doing wrong in the build. I have listed all the gear i have tried and i cant kill non of the bosses Tier: 9 and up i cant kill them at all. Mostly i spend 8 mins just to take him out and 99% off the time i runout of flasks and i die.

Gear
Spoiler

Skill tree am using

Planner link:

Would any one let me know what am i doing wrong and if i need to change things around in order to boost my dps.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Wafic

Hi,

for one this is the scion forum and u got a ranger tree linked, i have a ranger section up (not 3.0 updated yet but its not many changes) at the ranger forum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1876607.

There is a lot wrong with your build and i will try to pinpoint the main issues.

1. MOM is useless for this build, you wont have the mana or the sustaion for it, besides you are gonna reserve almost all for wrath/HOI.
2. You pick up vaal pact when u got legacy vinktar. Why?
3. You play pathfinder and dont pick up the flask nodes.

here is a quick tree that should give you a substantial boost for the same amount of points:https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAIDAQBeAO4FLQW1CC4PqxR1FSAWvxmOGbQajSF2I_YknST9JpUqTSpbLOktgy5TMHwxnjH6NZI2PTdMN9Q51DqzPydDMUQNR35KfUrITZJN41FHUuxUglVLVvpaUlsmW69h4mJaYqxlTWegbIxtbG6qbztwUnTtdct293fXeA14-Xn2eu97w311ft1_K3-Af_uGs4bOh3aJ04wLjDaNfY1-jbmNv5uNnaqet6Cfo--mV6iatMW18re2uXy9Nr6nwBrBM8Lsx53I8NNv037UI9i92sHdDeOf51TqYuyw7T_tg-4O73rxbfJF_W7-Cv6P_rr_EP_e

Gearing tips:

- You gear got no accuracy. So your actual crit chance must be very low. YOu should get some on rings/Ammys/helm/quiver.
- Get high crit multi on your quiver.
- Remove movespeed and craft WED on your belt.
- get a non legacy sadima with ele weakness on hit corruption
- Use diamond flask instead of taste of hate

Gems:

Use wrath and herald of ice and empower them. you need base damage to scale.
Use added cold damage instead of pierce, no need for pierce gem when u get the pierce nodes on skill tree.

There is probably more, but this should give u a boost. I also advice you to try Scion instead of Ranger pathfinder.

People need to start writing down LEGACY in post title when clearly non-legacy variant is barely playable in end game
Last edited by golibroda333 on Aug 16, 2017, 8:37:57 PM
"
Lanfear88 wrote:
"
max1982 wrote:
Hi,

Many thanks for the guide. I moved from SRS to Tornado shot. I followed most of the guide but the skill tree i went different direction for more life base.
The problem am having is DPS. I cant seem to figure out what am doing wrong in the build. I have listed all the gear i have tried and i cant kill non of the bosses Tier: 9 and up i cant kill them at all. Mostly i spend 8 mins just to take him out and 99% off the time i runout of flasks and i die.

Gear
Spoiler

Skill tree am using

Planner link:

Would any one let me know what am i doing wrong and if i need to change things around in order to boost my dps.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Wafic

Hi,

for one this is the scion forum and u got a ranger tree linked, i have a ranger section up (not 3.0 updated yet but its not many changes) at the ranger forum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1876607.

There is a lot wrong with your build and i will try to pinpoint the main issues.

1. MOM is useless for this build, you wont have the mana or the sustaion for it, besides you are gonna reserve almost all for wrath/HOI.
2. You pick up vaal pact when u got legacy vinktar. Why?
3. You play pathfinder and dont pick up the flask nodes.

here is a quick tree that should give you a substantial boost for the same amount of points:https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAIDAQBeAO4FLQW1CC4PqxR1FSAWvxmOGbQajSF2I_YknST9JpUqTSpbLOktgy5TMHwxnjH6NZI2PTdMN9Q51DqzPydDMUQNR35KfUrITZJN41FHUuxUglVLVvpaUlsmW69h4mJaYqxlTWegbIxtbG6qbztwUnTtdct293fXeA14-Xn2eu97w311ft1_K3-Af_uGs4bOh3aJ04wLjDaNfY1-jbmNv5uNnaqet6Cfo--mV6iatMW18re2uXy9Nr6nwBrBM8Lsx53I8NNv037UI9i92sHdDeOf51TqYuyw7T_tg-4O73rxbfJF_W7-Cv6P_rr_EP_e

Gearing tips:

- You gear got no accuracy. So your actual crit chance must be very low. YOu should get some on rings/Ammys/helm/quiver.
- Get high crit multi on your quiver.
- Remove movespeed and craft WED on your belt.
- get a non legacy sadima with ele weakness on hit corruption
- Use diamond flask instead of taste of hate

Gems:

Use wrath and herald of ice and empower them. you need base damage to scale.
Use added cold damage instead of pierce, no need for pierce gem when u get the pierce nodes on skill tree.

There is probably more, but this should give u a boost. I also advice you to try Scion instead of Ranger pathfinder.

Many thanks for your reply and explanation. I meant to post it in the ranger forum not sure how i posted it here, Probably i had both forums open and Clicked on the wrong one to post. Sorry about that.

I have switch to my scion lvl 92 with the same gear. I will follow this scion build instead and see how it goes and post back.

Many thanks
"
golibroda333 wrote:
People need to start writing down LEGACY in post title when clearly non-legacy variant is barely playable in end game

lol. Have you tried it? The only legacy items that bring damage are windripper, and the extra 30 multi on quiver and ammy. But the fact that you cant use iiq gem in league means 1 extra link which should more than offset the fact that you cant get legacy ripper, and legacy multi.

l2p
so whats the diff btw this and your raider build?

i made a raider but i just want to know which is better so i know if i want to make a scion.

Example:

scion more dps more hp?

but raider more movespeed?

I currently bought a tempest helm, whats the best setup? Im using gmp WED TS Added lightning.

And is headhunter viable? Currently using one in league with tempest.
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/803310
Last edited by rokuthecat on Aug 19, 2017, 9:57:44 AM
this looks epic :D anything u would change if u had the currency not saying u dont just curious and who has the 50/20 quant ring ur using couldnt find it on poetrade
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Aug 19, 2017, 6:10:48 PM
"
rokuthecat wrote:
so whats the diff btw this and your raider build?

i made a raider but i just want to know which is better so i know if i want to make a scion.

Example:

scion more dps more hp?

but raider more movespeed?

I currently bought a tempest helm, whats the best setup? Im using gmp WED TS Added lightning.

And is headhunter viable? Currently using one in league with tempest.

Scion has more hp and most likely more dps.

Raider and pathfinder has higher movespeed, but 3.0 buffed scion movespeed by 30% so its closer now.

The main sellpoint for scion is the sustain on high hp bosses imo, pathfinder will run out on flask charges on the highest content. For fast clears only pathfinder is probably abit better, at least on lower content.
"
Fyndel wrote:
this looks epic :D anything u would change if u had the currency not saying u dont just curious and who has the 50/20 quant ring ur using couldnt find it on poetrade

The ring is mull gubbens. its on here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/964785

Not very much too change, i would have wanted accuracy instead of all res on my rings but i got them pre jewels when resists where more needed to cap. He used to consider selling the ring the last time i talked to him (about a year ago), i think for about 800 ex or something (might have changed price now), so if u want to buy and ET craft accuracy let me know cause i want a copy xD

Other than that i know there is 2-4 quivers on the market that is better than mine with +1 arrow and legacy multi. It's just not worth it for me.

Would also like to upgrade my ammy, but again, no mf ammy with quant and legacy multi and life exists on market afaik, the one i got i think there is only 1 copy of, i got it second hand maybe 2 years ago.
Hi,

Am loving the build so much, going to try and lvl up to 100 with it so i can get all the life points on the tree.

At the moment i have 6.2k life when using Kaoms heart. I had to get some mana regen points.

Would you be able to take a look at my gear and tree.

Gear am using at the moment
Spoiler

Skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADuAdEFLQW1CdkM8g-rFHUVIBX9Fr8Zihm0Go0dwiBZIXYh0CP2JIsk_SaVKgsqOCpNKlss6S2DLlMwfDH6NZI2PTfUOdQ6sz7PPydDMUp9SshNklFHUuxVS1b6WhpaUlsmW69d8mHiYlpirGVNZ6BsjG1sbmluqm9XcFJ07XXLdvd313gZePl59ntue8N-3X8rf_uGzod2idOMC4w2jX2Nfo2BjbmNv5AKlwaXIZtdnaqgn6EiokCkeKXLpq-omq_rtMW18re2uXy9Nr3mvqfBM8F8waDB1cLswzPDOsSiykbTb9X42L3awd0N3vjfmOKt45_nVOpi7LDtP_KX9Pj9bv_e?accountName=max1982&characterName=WaficScion

Many thanks in advance
Last edited by max1982 on Aug 23, 2017, 9:30:29 AM
Hey friend! I just want to ask a few things about the build

I've tried bow ranger in the past and I gave up on it at level 87 due to having a slow PC and dying too much because of it. I'm thinking about coming back and trying it again since I LOVE bow builds and I screwed up most of my other non-bow builds. I even spent 2 exalts to buy orb of regrets and now I regret it...ironic *sad smile*

Do you think I'll be able to play it on the current league? I have about 5-6 exalts in harbinger at the moment but I'm thinking of keeping them for now.
Will a 5 link Windripper work? I also have a 5 link armor and I can try to craft it with good stats...or at least decent.
My last question would be on how to progress the tree because my last ranger had about 4000 HP and the mobs were BRUTAL.

I just want to know if I'll be able to get it started with minimal costs and hopefully get better returns in the future.

PS: If I get a mirror drop I promise I'll get a 6 link *cries in casual*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info