Upcoming Unique Items

"
Acer99 wrote:
maybe already asked but can you equip the shield claw in off-hand only and thus use it with facebreakers?

Very cool uniques!

Most likely not, as it's got a claw for a base. Unless the not-meeting-requirements bug works, in which case you're a feelthy cheetah and should be ashamed of yourself. :P

"
leto2626 wrote:
"
DropBearAntix wrote:
re: "wyrmsign".

"
RaggedCompany wrote:
All I can think about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGSGw4KyR9c

interesting. rather, it makes me think of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-EdLMxjPCg.

Spoiler
"mmm... shai hulud!"

Dead on, my friend !

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I like the gloves, like the reference, but I feel you used a name that could have gone on boots with some manner of "Walk without rhythm" flavor text. And that's a shame.
New unique items are comming to PoE - great!

My thoughts on them as along term player:

Wyrmsign
A potential easy 5 Link is always great to have and they have life which is always good for a unique. 4% reduced mana cost per endurance charge seems powerfull - in case of this item it is inconsistant which makes this affix rather uninteresting, because you can't build around it.
Permanent Rampage with Fragility unique jewels seems nice at first glance - but Rampage is a conditional buff to your character - if you lose Rampage at any point you gain nothing from this gloves other than a additional 5 link.
The Rampage buff itself grants movement speed (which is nice) and additional effects which mostly just cause lag (especially in party play).

The idea of the gloves and the design itself is very nice but i don't think they are going to be popular.

Reckless Defence
First thing i thought of when i saw this jewel - "it must be limited to 1" - but it isn't. So you can stack 5 of them to gain 100% spell block and 10% block if you really want. Avenger flasks are great with those jewel for melee characters which get hit/block often but how could you mitigate the incomming damage?

By using Blasphemy-Enfeeble and maybe the Unrelenting cluster on the tree you are able to mitigate nearly all extra critical damage up to rare monsters; great now you have to get immunity to status aliments to not suffer from constant shocks/ignits/chills/freezes which is also doable in Ascendancy with the right class.
The big problems: curse immune maps, bosses and unique monsters

Due to reduced curse effectiveness and immunitys you will take a huge ammount of damage in situations where you absolutly didn't want to take it. If you fail blocking 2-3 times in a row, which is possible, you will rip nearly instantly against hard content.

I could see this jewel doing great work in combination with other defenses especially Evasion and Dodge - if you can prevent the oneshot scenario from happening.

Advancing Fortress

Seems to be a really nice defensive leveling offhand for dual wield builds. Otherwise it is too slow for endgame use. 1.5 attack speed isn't good enough for elemental and ~135 phys dps isn't enough for physical.
For endgame there are much better options for shields and offhands to use - but it is a nice steppingstone to endgame and fills a specific role. Pure RF builds won't use it because RotF and Atziri Sceptre exist.

For endgame; useless - for leveling - nice

Essence Worm

Lets be honest - this item looks amazing in what it does. It grants you a "free aura" with the cost of a ring slot. The item seems really strong for Bloodmagic builds and some MoM builds out there. Blood Magic + "free" Aura = power creep imho because you don't have to make any additional investment. Bloodmagic builds don't lack life or resistances most of the time so using the ring has no downside at all. CI builds could use it to fit in an additonal aura without much cost.
For specific MoM builds this ring could be the last piece to make MoM a functional defense without sacrificing offensive power - this could be dangerous from a design perspective, especially when you are able to also use a shield in your build.

I think the design of this ring is very dangerous territory which could enable power creep under various conditions. If you would like to compare it to Ming's Heart it servs the a very similar purpose (granting more damage); but the downside of Ming's Heart can't be circumvented and the "downside" of Essence Worm can be negated very easily in direct comparison.

When you simplify the mods listed on Essence Worm it would sound like:
- grants an additional empowerd aura for free

I am personaly not agreeing with this item beeing implemented in the game - it goes against the philosophy of GGG in restricting the amount of auras a single player could run. Beeing able to run multiple Auras should always come with an investment and not just slamming on a ring and get it basically for "free".
You know so much time is spent in the 40's-50's that I can totally see adding more uniques to this level range......

For clarity: The above comment is intended sarcastically
the ring should have +3 to level .... sadly this way u cant get +5% max res from purity
"
Dos_Fafner wrote:
You know so much time is spent in the 40's-50's that I can totally see adding more uniques to this level range......

you don't see the omen, do you?

(also being sarcastic of course)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"

I like the gloves, like the reference, but I feel you used a name that could have gone on boots with some manner of "Walk without rhythm" flavor text. And that's a shame.

I know what you mean but I really wanted to make gloves for quite a number of good reasons, sometimes you need to sacrifice some references :(
BTW the conc effect and the gloves reference to the object that attract worms, sorry don't know the English term.

"
Dos_Fafner wrote:

Yeah like that does matter so much on gloves anyways ... The increased armour and evasion is there for a reason. I wanted an item type that didn't have a unique already and made somewhat sense with the theme in my head.
i dont really see the use for thos uniques.
The actual leveling progression is so smooth actually i never look for stuff to buy before ~60ish.

Will be stashed then vendors
wyrmsign definately is the most useful item imho. With the new templar ascendancy its even a second/third 6L with AoE and conc effect You could even go for Kaoms Heart+1H now and still get a super cheap 6L

Reckless Defence looks good on the first look, but dont think you can stack a lot of them... 30+% ADDITIONAL chance to receive a crit is HUGE.
Well maybe if you stack reduced crit damage taken and abuse flasks with charges on recieved crit... but still. I dont see it used a lot - at least in HC

Advancing Fortress is pretty much useless... Maybe for lvling in HC... but in terms of damage/killspeed even for lvling there are MUCH better options
Maybe you could use it for some dualwield groundlam, but you probably want another offhand

Essence Worm will be very good for builds without aura.. like Blood magic.
It will be mandatory for ele-builds to run anger+wrath+herald(s) without having to go low life.
A phys dmg attack build probably wont sacrifice a ring slot with flat phys damage+other stuff for that though...
Last edited by azraelb on Feb 4, 2016, 8:23:26 AM
luv these items , thank you GGG again ! Great WORK ! ! !
Move over, dogs; The Essence Worm is Man's new best friend.
I'm Chimerical Jim. Softcore. Hardcore. Manticore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info