And so it begins, E buffs.

"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Evasion is great until you get one shot by a tier 12 map rare.

Also, before I go and buy a shit ton of vinktar flasks on crudcore, I need to know if the max res nerfs are making unique flasks go legacy. GGG was (again) purposely obtuse on these points. I just want to fund my dream of having a legacy kaoms.

But the physical mitigation flask could change that.

It potentially could, but we don't know how much the value is at yet. Maybe it will be like the Chaos Golem at 4%, or maybe 10%.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Nerf to resist flasks and an unknown nerf to quicksilver duration isn't what I would consider "all flasks are nerfed".

Just think about the impact of +max resist flasks coupled with flask effect on the passive tree in this change.

Not saying i don't like it by the way, i do, very much so.

But i expect a lot of troubles when going for ubber now for example, or certain top-end bosses.

This was totally expected, it's just a wink thread to the people that screamed "ascendancy opie op" a while back. I expect more changes to "soften" the impact of ascendancy, solidifying their attributes.

Peace,

-Boem-

I get what you mean, but I think that only shows how utterly broken the resist flasks are in bypassing content like Atziri.

Agreed with your other points.
Bunch of new flasks. New affixes. Tons of options.

Oh wait, resistance flask brought from 10 to 6 maxres, which can probably be countered with new affix.

QQQQQQQQQQQ NERF WHAAAAAAA

Typical aRPG player.

EDIT: not referring to OP, just read reactions on many threads to annoucment :P
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Feb 3, 2016, 2:19:58 AM
"
grepman wrote:

the nerfs arent anywhere hard enough (pause) to offset the crazy shit ascendancy classes provide themselves

I am hoping that Offset is not GGG's Mindset. To my thinking, that is the essence of what GGG needs to focus on for 2016. Find a way to add in new aspects of the game without subtracting old aspects.

The flask changes will probably have a minor effect on my character, since I don't push the limits of resistances etc. I would far rather see GGG cap resists than nerf the flasks though, as IMO -this kind of change hits players in the middle range harder than those with invincibility or near invincibility with flasks.

What we need (imo) is greater challenges where we will NEED the existing levels of items/bonuses etc AND the new Ascendancy (or next add on) buffs.

Whether that is level 83-85 maps where the monsters eat everything sub optimal alive, or some new monsters and rare/magic monster abilities that get the player's heart thumping.

Throttling down existing skills/items/buffs etc to balance new ones leaves a sour taste, and does not feel like progress to me. It feels like a big bait and switch game. It is like your employer telling you that they will pay you twice as much money, but that everything you buy will cost twice as much.

At some point GGG will have to add more challenging content. The Labyrinth looks like to be a great example of doing that well. New more difficult monsters and map properties at a higher level would also help that.

This adjustment to flasks could be just what the game needs. The flasks may be currently overpowered and in need of some adjustment without Ascendancy - I can't really say, since I don't push them that hard.

I would just like to see future game buffs and new things NOT require older things getting nerfed to balance.

I am definitely excited for the Labyrinth. That might turn out to be a game unto itself - where the challenge is worth undertaking whether or not you already have the game rewards for doing it.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
No shits are given when there's already a ton of builds that can clear just about all content except uber with 75% (or lower, to be brutally honest) resis without much issues.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
@Dalai, the problem with that train of thought is that it inevitably also leads to mid-tier builds being considered sub-optimal by comparison of the top-end.

And that is an issue that will eat away at a lot of the player-base, since i suspect a huge chunk is actually in this sub-optimal category, either by own will or by lack of time etc.

The best route GGG can do in my opinion is to grant more power to the passive tree and subtract it from gear.

That way you close the gap between top-mid because that gap is no longer as heavily "wealth" gated. And can sub-sequentially balance around this new mid-high-tier power level, which would be less wide as a result.

I don't think GGG is actually going to remove old content, just shift it around to new power levels
(= resistance flasks) to correctly align with other possibility's or choices, obscuring them.
Which should breath more diversity as a result if done correctly.

PoE is very much a communicating vessel(if that's the correct therm, but i reckon you know what i mean?)

Remove something in A and it changes B as a result and that's exactly what we are going to see, changes based on projections they made of shifts. The end-result will depend on how accurate their projections where and if people find loop-holes.

There is no doubt in my mind, the community will find loop-holes. I found some myself, based on current info and i reckon they need to seriously change things up to make those loop-holes no longer viable for what i have in mind.

Just sharing, no clue if relevant or interesting.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 3, 2016, 2:55:47 AM
The elemental flask nerf seems over the top. getting elemental res already been nerfed to the ground since I been here.. removed elemental adaptation 2% max res, removed inner forces which could buff a purity by +1%, removed diamond skin +1% all res, nerfed saffels by 1. This is just unnecessary.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 3, 2016, 3:22:20 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
The elemental flask nerf seems over the top. getting elemental res already been nerfed to the ground since I been here.. removed elemental adaptation 2% max res, removed inner forces which could buff a purity by +1%, removed diamond skin +1% all res, nerfed saffels by 1. This is just unnecessary.

GGG will never stop gimping player defenses because keeping players from 100 is one of many carrots GGG dangles over players' heads. Expect life and block to get gimped before release date.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

GGG will never stop gimping player defenses because keeping players from 100 is one of many carrots GGG dangles over players' heads. Expect life and block to get gimped before release date.

I'll hold back judgment because I've been wrong and cried doom and gloom before only to do hardest content yet again. But I still don't like they want to remove true tanks (max block, 100% resisters, 10K EHPers, etc). It should a valid avenue to play that way (for huge DPS hit of course)
Git R Dun!
"
Boem wrote:
Yum flask nerf.

The E in PvE is getting upped :)

We could compile a list as data gets released, i think ascendancy is going to be okay.

Just for all you concerned "ascendancy opie op" people out there.

Pretty dope new flasks, loving the announcement so far.

Peace,

-Boem-

Flask nerfs: Quicksilver-duration / max. resistance cut by 4%

Otherwise flasks got more utility and got buffed for crit and (which is more important imho) non crit builds.
What most people don't consider is that flask duration and reduced flask charges used is now available on flasks as an affix (probably a prefix) - even taking into consideration they are removing nearly all the flask nodes on the passive tree this is a huge buff to flasks.

I know not many people are using this currently but flask modes on belts are really strong when paired with some flask passives - now we don't need to take those flask passives anymore because the flask itself can provide it.

This is a huge buff to non unique utility flasks across te board - with new utility flask types introduced on top of it.

- 6-8 second duration on utility flasks without passive investment? - i'll take that!
- 3-5 uses for utility/life&mana flasks without passive investment? - Sounds really good!

- Chilled Ground/Oneslaught on demand? Sounds a little bit broken (a buff to melee?!)

Content has to get significantly harder to counteract that change - otherwise for everyone who is able to use/"abuse" flasks correctly maping will get even less challanging than it already is.

Oh... and by the way: Ranger [Pathfinder] OpOpie - most broken thing ever happend to PoE (hope they nerf the current shown ascendancy tree until release to a point where it is useable and interessting and not broken)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info