And so it begins, E buffs.

but people were already abusing flasks, it coc builds had infinite flask up time even with the nerfed surgeons.

i frankly see the nerf to over capped resists on flasks as targeting that play style.

it is very annoying however.

my concern with them nerfing resist flasks is.... are they still worth giving up a flask slot for on normal builds?

plus there werent that many flask nodes to begin with right?
This is honestly troubling. The player base doesnt even see how this is a nerf shows how inexperienced they truely are. Boem is 100% correct, the max res reduction on ele flasks is a huge nerf.

Path of One Shot Lives on.

Flask nodes on the tree to this day are the most underrated nodes. While certainly not great while leveling, at true end game T12+ and uber atziri they are almost quite mandatory.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Feb 3, 2016, 8:08:01 AM
yeah not having 7+ ehp and 90+ all res makes doing uber kind of risky
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
This is honestly troubling. The player base doesnt even see how this is a nerf shows how inexperienced they truely are. Boem is 100% correct, the max res reduction on ele flasks is a huge nerf.

Flask nodes on the tree to this day are the most underrated nodes. While certainly not great while leveling, at true end game T12+ and uber atziri they are almost quite mandatory.

Rofl. Cry more about not getting your 100% resistances. Flasks were NEVER a necessity outside of uber (maybe not a "necessity" there either?), and saying flasks are needed for t12+ maps... get the fuck outta here. Never ever have I used resi flasks on ANY character (mainly because fuck crit and I can't get permanent uptime otherwise), yet all the chars I've gotten to 90+ have been able to run t12+ maps, some with hard mods, others with harder mods, select few with insane mods.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
yeah not having 7+ ehp and 90+ all res makes doing uber kind of risky

Ueber SHOULD be an extreme difficult and risky fight - stacking +max % resist makes the fight much easier than it is supposed to be. So GGGs intentions for nerfing are justified.

"
TheAshmaker wrote:

You and many other simply have to adapt to the change - you now have to plan for some more elemental mitigation - just pressing a flask isn't going to be enough in 2.2 in high level content. You have to build more flexible and ajust if you wanna do high level content.

I think this is a good change which will make the game more challanging. There are multiple ways in PoE to make your character more resilient against elemental damage - and i am not talking about just getting more ES/Life.
There are also more different solutions against physical damage other than Taste of Hate and Lightning Coil - people are just not using those other methods that frequently because ToH + LC is "good enough" and because they can be incorporated in any build without sacrifices - same situation in the past with Cloak of Defiance + EB + AA on every caster build out there - it was "just good enough" without much sacrifices to your build - so it was popular.

"Path of Oneshot" = players who go full out DPS and stack 5k-6k life, while not utilizing layerd defenses properly (they might have some evasion/dodge or amrour - but that alone won't cut it). People just have to accept that they can't do Tier 12+ maps without proper defenses on their builds consistantly without dying. If a Tier 14 rare Rakengo shows up and oneshots you from 6k HP (which actually isn't a oneshot - it has multiple instances which happen in less than a second while you get stunlocked) it is YOUR own fault! You have to judge if you build can do this map/encounter - you take the risk.
If your build isn't able to do Tier 12-15 maps - just don't do them; you can reach level 100 much easier and faster by doing 24/7 Gorge runs with full out DPS/Clearspeed builds anyway - if level 100 is your goal - don't focus on high level content. If you want to challange yourself constantly and push your build to the limit - build around doing high tier maps if you want to face a interesting challange in PoE.

I wonder way so many players on the other side except that Ueber Atziri (for expample) requires a specific build and a huge investment in specific defenses to complete the encounter - nobody is crying "Path of Oneshot" here? Curious why in that specific case this is tolerated and for Tier 12-15 maps it isn't...
Honestly I'm not even surprised by the flask nerf. Once i saw the flask class i knew flask will be balanced (nerfed). The problem is they are trying to balance a single class by nerfing something that is essential to every build. Now even if u roll better flask effect, which probably get you to +8 - +10% max, you still lose duration and you also lose all the other flask mods. That's a pretty heavy nerf to all classes not specializing in flask.

Let's face it. There is no way GGG will just buff all the players from nowhere. They will always find some way to balance out. One way is to buff monsters. But as we saw from 2.0, it took months for GGG to balance act4 after the release AND several months of beta.

Another way is to just nerf all players so the nerf and buff somewhat balance out. I'm not surprised if GGG heavily nerf the tree or even weapon base stat in the future to compensate the ascendency subclass addition. I just wish the nerf and buff are more specific to each class so other classes that can't gain from the buff will not be indirectly nerfed.

The release of ascendency classes is to create hype. now lets wait for the nerf train.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

It isn't only a huge nerf it is completely bullshit! This is the 6th or 7th time that they nerf max resist since I play this game. After this bullshit nerf there will be only one class left to farm uber atziri with. Great balancing... as always I should add. I'm so sick and tired of this max resist nerf bullshit I can't even tell. But I should stop raging, only 21 more days until GD is finally released.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
LBJames wrote:
Honestly I'm not even surprised by the flask nerf. Once i saw the flask class i knew flask will be balanced (nerfed). The problem is they are trying to balance a single class by nerfing something that is essential to every build. Now even if u roll better flask effect, which probably get you to +8 - +10% max, you still lose duration and you also lose all the other flask mods. That's a pretty heavy nerf to all classes not specializing in flask.

Let's face it. There is no way GGG will just buff all the players from nowhere. They will always find some way to balance out. One way is to buff monsters. But as we saw from 2.0, it took months for GGG to balance act4 after the release AND several months of beta.

Another way is to just nerf all players so the nerf and buff somewhat balance out. I'm not surprised if GGG heavily nerf the tree or even weapon base stat in the future to compensate the ascendency subclass addition. I just wish the nerf and buff are more specific to each class so other classes that can't gain from the buff will not be indirectly nerfed.

The release of ascendency classes is to create hype. now lets wait for the nerf train.

Nerfing flask was not because of flaskfinder, that's a convenient excuse. GGG has been nerfing player players non stop since the fall of life nodes.

Nerfing block because of the duelist ascendancy will be in the same vein.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info