Auction House which is preserving the economy

"
goetzjam wrote:

The difference of loot tension and AH is very few people really wanted loot tension to remain. There are people in this community that will leave 100% if automatic trading on a large scale was implemented, an AH as most people call it.

BS, BS, BS.

People are lying when they make the claim that they will leave. People made the same BS claim about removing 'loot tension' and they still stayed.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
"
wrathmar wrote:
@goetzjam

You know what creates confusion? Using a 3rd party website to fulfill core game functionality.

If GGG is concerned about confusing players they would have pulled the 3rd party AH into the game long ago. And yes we have had this conversation before, and again, I'm using the generic term AH because that is the generic term for a trading system in an online game.

That is the same reason everyone uses the term AH. Not because they want an actually auction house with bids, and an auctioneer, but because any in game trading system is referred as an AH by default (thanks WoW).

Yeah 3rd party websites aren't used in any other game at all to complete a void the devs have. \s

They don't give really 2 shits about confusion, its quite easy to participate in trade, if your an educated person and put forth any effort.

Your using the generic term, which is the WRONG term to use. Why can't you stop being a stubborn ass for once and use a term that better defines what you mean, which is marketplace. Again if you look at OP's post an AH that he is wanting isn't the marketplace style trade system its literally an AH, as in an automated way to buy\sell items.

"
BS, BS, BS.

People are lying when they make the claim that they will leave. People made the same BS claim about removing 'loot tension' and they still stayed

Find these loot tension people, I can also assure you I'm not alone with an AH (automated trade) being implemented means I no longer play, I no longer support and other actions, which may or may not include bashing the company that goes against their word, but thats another topic for another day.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I'm using the term AH to describe poe.trade because...

It invalidates the following arguments-
"Adding an AH is going to ruin the game"
"If an AH is added I'm going to quit"

Having an officially supported 3rd party AH has not ruined the game, having an in-game AH will not either. The actually specific of the in-game AH is up to the developers.

As an added bonus using the term AH to describe the 3rd party website, only bugs you.

"
wrathmar wrote:
I'm using the term AH to describe poe.trade because...

It invalidates the following arguments-
"Adding an AH is going to ruin the game"
"If an AH is added I'm going to quit"

Having an officially supported 3rd party AH has not ruined the game, having an in-game AH will not either. The actually specific of the in-game AH is up to the developers.

As an added bonus using the term AH to describe the 3rd party website, only bugs you.

Its incorrect terminology though, if it doesn't bug you that you are using the wrong terminology then it should. And I will continue to tell you how wrong you are in every single thread.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
"
availablex wrote:
why GGG dont wanna make simple test, just put AH(with no taxes) in temporarily league and figure out - is it real ruin the game? cos its more like solving problems as: scamming, overpricing, offline, afk, blind people or just jerks, trolling, etc.

Because they don't want an AH in their game, why must people like you resort to that as the only way to fix the issues you've listed?

Afk issue should be fixed in ascendancy

Offline can be fixed with some limited form of mailbox trade

Overpricing, that won't ever be fixed.
Scamming, is the nature of some people. An AH just allows for people to snip those deals before you do.

If you don't like players then I suggest you get a thicker coat of skin, tis a hard world out there.

Its not like an AH can be whipped up in a matter of minutes either, I doubt the devs at the company have any experience coding for it, but again even if they do they simply won't add it in, so don't get your hopes up.

another great function AH - avoiding douchebag like you)
"
availablex wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
availablex wrote:
why GGG dont wanna make simple test, just put AH(with no taxes) in temporarily league and figure out - is it real ruin the game? cos its more like solving problems as: scamming, overpricing, offline, afk, blind people or just jerks, trolling, etc.

Because they don't want an AH in their game, why must people like you resort to that as the only way to fix the issues you've listed?

Afk issue should be fixed in ascendancy

Offline can be fixed with some limited form of mailbox trade

Overpricing, that won't ever be fixed.
Scamming, is the nature of some people. An AH just allows for people to snip those deals before you do.

If you don't like players then I suggest you get a thicker coat of skin, tis a hard world out there.

Its not like an AH can be whipped up in a matter of minutes either, I doubt the devs at the company have any experience coding for it, but again even if they do they simply won't add it in, so don't get your hopes up.

another great function AH - avoiding douchebag like you)

Lol what did I do to deserve that reply back from you?

This is just a prime example how a childish midset is showing and that problem solving isn't within your scope of understanding, because if it was you would realize I am right and not have made that childish of a remark in response.

You can avoid people already, you don't have to trade.

FeelsBadMan

"
wrathmar wrote:
The question has now become 'should GGG devote development time to make a 1st party AH when the 3rd party AH works for *most* players?'

For me the answer to that question is YES. Lack of a user friendly in-game trade system is one of the biggest reason for players quitting the game and not returning. The lack of an in-game AH is causing PoE to hemorrhage players and is holding this game back.
And you are basing your proof off of actual statistics or just pulling it out of your ass? People leave because the game is too complicated and difficult. The tree is overwhelming. The grind is a grind. Everybody I know that left did so because there are other games that require far less time and knowledge. That's why D3 appeals to them. Not much thinking necessary. Just open the game, adjust the difficulty, and play.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 12, 2016, 2:58:50 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:

And you are basing your proof off of actual statistics or just pulling it out of your ass? People leave because the game is too complicated and difficult. The tree is overwhelming. The grind is a grind. Everybody I know that left did so because there are other games that require far less time and knowledge. That's why D3 appeals to them. Not much thinking necessary. Just open the game, adjust the difficulty, and play.

GGG does not collect this information from lapsed players (they should), and even if they did, they would not share the information with me.

I'm basing my claim on the number of posters who have said that the lack of an in-game trade system have caused them to quit, or prevents them from returning. If you re-read the other AH threads you will see the same.

People leave the game because the current trade system is "too complicated and difficult"

PoE is about wealth accumulation and improving your character, Being able to buy and sell efficiently is the quickest route to both. Without in-game support players become frustrated due to the complicated and difficult nature of the 3rd party AH, and stop playing.
"
wrathmar wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

GGG does not collect this information from lapsed players (they should), and even if they did, they would not share the information with me.

I'm basing my claim on the number of posters who have said that the lack of an in-game trade system have caused them to quit, or prevents them from returning. If you re-read the other AH threads you will see the same.

People leave the game because the current trade system is "too complicated and difficult"

PoE is about wealth accumulation and improving your character, Being able to buy and sell efficiently is the quickest route to both. Without in-game support players become frustrated due to the complicated and difficult nature of the 3rd party AH, and stop playing.

Poe's trade system is one of the least complicated parts of the game when you think about it. Funny that you claim its "too complicated"

If they are "too stupid" to figure out how to trade, they are likely too stupid to figure out how to even purchase mtx's or stash tabs. Let alone make a character and progress to endgame (which it looks like your not too far off there, keep pressing on maybe in another month you can hit 80)

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

If they are "too stupid" to figure out how to trade, they are likely too stupid to figure out how to even purchase mtx's or stash tabs. Let alone make a character and progress to endgame (which it looks like your not too far off there, keep pressing on maybe in another month you can hit 80)

With comments like that, is it any wonder you feel that need to include passive aggressive signatures like

"Have a problem with something I said? PM me don't derail a thread."

"The new forum meta is to call people trolls or liars that disagree with you, WTB good forum meta build."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info