Auction House which is preserving the economy

There is basically a few issues which is currently an obstacles in front of having a reasonable AH inside the game. My observations since this long time since the game exists is more or less based on the opinion on the peoples in-game, so I've did my best to manage the most of issue, but I'll be happy to hear a ideas on it.

PoE Auction House ( not like anything like before )

1) - The AH is managed by an NPC - "Nora - The Auction House Master".

The Bench of this NPC is the Auction House User Interface

This NPC is located in Act4, and it can only be found inside the maps.

- The ideology behind this is to prevent the possibility of flooding the AH with unreasonable superlow level items.

This NPC is acting like a currency trading NPC on it's option "Purchase Items" ( just like the rest of the NPC's on the acts

It's daily quests is related to finding an currency on a map

As higher level it is - the highter level orbs or gems you will be required to find

2) - Adding an item to the AH requires a new currency - Auction House Token

The price of this currency is approximately 3 Alteration orbs

Depending on the level of the item and it's rarity - the price of adding rise as well

3) - All items lasts on the AH for a specific period of time, which is not longer than 1 month, and each day cost additional fee in AH tokens

4) - An item CAN NOT be bought directly from the seller, but there is an option to whisper to the seller - just like the current trade mechanics

5) - The items which is linked to the AH resides inside a special items Tab inside the AH NPC

This tab have the same size as a normal Stash items tab

An additional AH NPC items tabs could be purchased from the Item Shop

6) - All linked items on the AH have a 2 addtional stats on them - The time till the AH link expire and the price for renewing it.

Once the item expire from AH - there will be a red warning on it - EXPIRED, and the player could either renew it's AH link or took it back

7) - The player AH tabs have an unique indenfier, allowing to be copied and pasted to the chats, making possible for peoples to explore only their's Tabs

- Let's make this game better.
Think tank :)
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Feb 2, 2016, 5:20:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It has already been said by devs that any system involving automated buyouts is not gonna happen. No point in discussing it even if your ideas are good. Cheers
Last edited by raxleberne on Feb 2, 2016, 6:13:13 AM
No matter the outcome automated anything will not happen.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
raxleberne wrote:
It has already been said by devs that any system involving automated buyouts is not gonna happen. No point in discussing it even if your ideas are good. Cheers

^ THIS
People need to accept that there will be no auction house in poe ever. Yes, that is completely bs - no, it will never change!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
The poe trade site, opening in a window inside the game, and improved functions like not showing anyone that is AFK, especially offline, in your search list, cross instance trading, and perhaps a bidding system that puts highest bids in escrow, is what this game needs. Buyouts, no set buyouts, no minimum bids, and set minimum auction types. And an IN GAME TOOL for setting up your auction list. All tabs and all characters in that league should be accessible through this tool. Oh, and getting the poe trade author on the payroll, cuz, you know, he deserves it.
Last edited by Laminar_Flow1 on Feb 2, 2016, 7:52:23 AM
to all posts above "Laminar_Flow1"'s post.

Seems like that there is more Writers than Readers in nowdays.
Please - at least read the post before reply.
if TLDR - just spare your time, and time of the rest and don't post :)
Just one very disappointed PoE fan.
CI casters made PoE to the top, and GGG decided to kill them.
Best decision ever!
2 x Xeon E5 2695 V4 ( 36 cores/72 threads ) / 128 GB RAM / 2 x GTX 1080 / 3 x Philips 55" displays / 1200W PSU / 4 x 512 GB SSD / 2 x 8 TB HDD
Last edited by SonicPLD2 on Feb 2, 2016, 8:47:56 AM
The single currency thing is a VERY bad idea. A good part of the reason Diablo 3's economy imploded was that the design told players "you MUST care about gold," which they did even when gold was clearly being botted into oblivion. Forcing a single currency on PoE trade is undoing all the development work which went into creating the current multicurrency system, which is resilient against botting target at a specific currency.

I'm against buyouts from a design perspective, but I'm for asynchronous trade. Not going to go into the reasons yet again.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Automated buyouts is a bot haven.

http://diablo3story.blogspot.com/2014/07/a-diablo-3-story.html

real auctions i.e. bidding with no exact time but a 24 hr window of ending is only way to prevent bots

As an added bonus, w/ bidding items get to market price instead of noobs getting wrecked not knowing what item is they have.

So yeah a real AH is exactly what this game needs. Regular trade chat would still be available for those who dont want to put their precious at mercy of the market.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 2, 2016, 10:40:27 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

real auctions i.e. bidding with no exact time but a 24 hr window of ending is only way to prevent bots

As an added bonus, w/ bidding items get to market price instead of noobs getting wrecked not knowing what item is they have.

So yeah a real AH is exactly what this game needs. Regular trade chat would still be available for those who dont want to put their precious at mercy of the market.

The game doesn't NEED an AH of any sorts to facilitate trade. Trades now not only are possible they are fairly easy assuming you use any of the resources available to you. If GGG wants to make dependency on 3rd party resources less and increase the QoL for various activities like having a better API so when you search poe.trade you can filter by online, online and afk or any combination in which you would want to search via player statuses.

Bidding with no set time won't likely prevent all bots either, it just discourages a number of bots that could snipe auctions at the last moments.

The only form of "automation" that is necessary or would be welcome is a very limited asynchronous style trade similar to steam's trade offer system. This will however have to be very limited, either 1 item listed a day or some hard limit so it doesn't turn into an automated solution.

Part of the problem with PoE today is people are willing to put forth the effort to achieve their goals, they just somehow expect they should be able to match streamers or "no lifers" without effort. Sorry it just isn't and shouldn't be possible.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

The game doesn't NEED an AH of any sorts to facilitate trade. Trades now not only are possible they are fairly easy assuming you use any of the resources available to you. If GGG wants to make dependency on 3rd party resources less and increase the QoL for various activities like having a better API so when you search poe.trade you can filter by online, online and afk or any combination in which you would want to search via player statuses.

Bidding with no set time won't likely prevent all bots either, it just discourages a number of bots that could snipe auctions at the last moments.

The only form of "automation" that is necessary or would be welcome is a very limited asynchronous style trade similar to steam's trade offer system. This will however have to be very limited, either 1 item listed a day or some hard limit so it doesn't turn into an automated solution.

Part of the problem with PoE today is people are willing to put forth the effort to achieve their goals, they just somehow expect they should be able to match streamers or "no lifers" without effort. Sorry it just isn't and shouldn't be possible.

I don't really have a problem with trading as is just looking for improvement mainly of afkers and offliners. At work I just leave poe running and alt tab every so often but still mis some sales if im out in the field and don't check back for hours at a time. AH would solve this not sure what steam system is all about but if it does too I'm all for it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 2, 2016, 11:45:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info