[2.5] Summon Raging Inferno ( 6L flame golems) - atziri 5L - 5 curse support!

Was on a train for quite some time, so I tinkered with the tree a little bit.

How much do you value the Unwavering Stance? By dropping it and changing some things I managed to get:

+10% increased effect of curses
+82% increased ES
+21% increased life
-Unwavering Stance
-35hp
-5% movement speed, cast speed
-38% total res
-4% reduced mana reserved

and some other minor changes. Same amount of points and jewels to make it easier to compare.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMAAAQHBx4LYQxfDR8NfA3iDlwRUBQgGFYYahslHKcc3B8YIvQo-jW5Olg8KDwtQYdFfkWdSI5I50lRSbFLrkyzTm1QR1H7UilTUlOlVcZV4FfJWAdYWlqRXz9nm2h0aPJqrGr6a9tsC20ZeC985X0Yf8aCHoLHg1-DzIPbhTKFYIhCjxqPRo_6kyeVLpitmuCbipuhnDKcvqEvogClxKcIpyuofarErJiuPq9stz64k75PvorBxcauzLzNFtAf0_vXz9i92VvaYtrd2wvfiuRR6QLr7uwY7IrvDu-I7-vwH_DV99f5N_no_goAAA==
I just tried a jungle valley map... i couldn't take it? wasn't my survival but my golems... they were COMPLETELY retarded... didn't attack 99% of the fight, they'd just stand there... waiting.. and when new mobs spawned, they'd attack those, then go idle... then wait for new mobs.. kill those.. i dont think they hit the boss once the entire fight in 20 mins, so i left... I don't have EQ and Lightning orb yet, i do hope that changes how fucking dumb they are?
"
Pathtastic wrote:
I just tried a jungle valley map... i couldn't take it? wasn't my survival but my golems... they were COMPLETELY retarded... didn't attack 99% of the fight, they'd just stand there... waiting.. and when new mobs spawned, they'd attack those, then go idle... then wait for new mobs.. kill those.. i dont think they hit the boss once the entire fight in 20 mins, so i left... I don't have EQ and Lightning orb yet, i do hope that changes how fucking dumb they are?

Using a skill commands your minions to attack the target.

Interesting input, SteKrz!
Was thinking about Assassin's Mark as well. 200% increased crit chance is just massive for one charge. Just thought the uptime would be too bad with just the curse.
How about dropping Flammability as the 3. curse for Assassin's Mark?
I really love Temp. Chains, but Proj. Weakness would be huge. Luckily they have the same colour, so they could just be changed depending on content played.
IGN: Scordalia_
@Stekrz - I like the projectile weakness curse a lot, but for me personally, I will never drop temp chains haha. However, if we went for some expensive es gloves, its possible to work in a 5th curse =D. By using windscream boots, doedre's ring, and a +1 curse amulet, its possible to run 5 curses. I would suggest this over replacing TC. However to maintain decent ES, I think 150+es gloves with resists and life would be required.

Ball lightning with curse on hit (as you suggested) and 2 curses (assassins mark and projectile weakness) along with the 3 curse auras would be pretty sexy.

Actually, without gmp, I would even consider ice nova, or arc, or lightning warp.

@macexor - While Unwavering stance is not a requirement for the build, I still highly recommend having some form of stun resistance. For example the boot enchant which gives stun avoidance if you have killed recently (this may not work with minions though). I like being stun immune, as its just one less thing to worry about, but if you can live without unwavering, then by all means, your suggestion works very well.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Mar 18, 2016, 3:34:40 PM
just 6 linked my chest!

trying out controlled destruction.
@DreamScythe I didn't mention Poacher's Mark. Anyway, frenzy charges from Poacher's are quite powerful too.

I got this info from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609898/page/1, some interesting ideas in this build. You should at least watch his academy boss video.

And grats on 6l.

Edit: I completely forgot to mention this earlier, but since Talisman league I really love Vaal Lightning trap for any non-srs summoner. It has 3 uses, so you don't feel bad throwing it on more tanky rares, and it is solid 50% more dmg if you don't have other ways to shock enemies. And doesn't require any links. I would use Guardian + trap over abyssal cry.
Last edited by SteKrz on Mar 18, 2016, 5:43:28 AM
oh poachers mark was a typo, i mean projectile weakness. While frenzy charges are indeed nice, they dont compete with projectile weakness curse. Now 200% crit chance from power charges on the other hand, I cant wait to get more curse!

Vaal lightning trap sounds really good. I'm running low on sockets, so I'll have to see what can/will be cut if possible.

Finally got to merc Dried Lake and finished normal/cruel Labyrinths. Haven't had this much fun while leveling for quite some time.
Got 5L Geofri's Sanctuary. Haven't picked EB/MoM yet. Will do it when I finally pick Heretic's Veil and some additional curse gear. So far it's good.

I'm going for quad curse. Haven't done that before. Is it better to pick 2xDoedre's ring, or 1xRing and Windscream?
I assume, that for the last 2 ascendancy points, it's best to pick 2 mini nodes?
"
macexor wrote:
I assume, that for the last 2 ascendancy points, it's best to pick 2 mini nodes?

I don't actually like Spirit Eater (DreamScythe has this), you don't want to spam offering every 4 second. On the other hand Commander of Darkness with 3 auras (blasphemied curses should count for this) looks decent. For PvE golem build without zombies I'd go mistress, commander, and 2 small nodes (prolly chaos ress and cast speed).
"
SteKrz wrote:

I don't actually like Spirit Eater (DreamScythe has this), you don't want to spam offering every 4 second. On the other hand Commander of Darkness with 3 auras (blasphemied curses should count for this) looks decent. For PvE golem build without zombies I'd go mistress, commander, and 2 small nodes (prolly chaos ress and cast speed).

actually I believe there was a dev post that stated curse auras do not count since the auras do not actualy "buff you" - as in no buff is displayed at the top of the screen. I dont have the link for the post however.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info