Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Commander of Darkness Witch Ascendancy Node:

Is that just a 1 time thing, or is it PER aura?

Last bumped on Dec 4, 2016, 7:01:32 PM
I'd wager it's per aura.
Compared to Duelist's Champion's 'Inspirational' node it would be horrible if not..
Does it affects Minions like Zombie and Spectre? I don't know but I already have the Commander of Darkness passive but for some reason my Minions speed and damage is not increasing (should be).
It stacks up per aura and affects allies, this includes minions.

The effects aren't that great since they stack additive with your other increases so unless you run a lot of auras you are unlikely to immediately notice a difference.

My summoner runs six auras so that would be a 36% dmg increase added to all the minion nodes I already have + gems.

So it's like a... 8% added damage increase? That's at six auras.

Maybe a bit more considering the attackspeed and more modifiers in gems,it depends on your skill and gem setup certainly.
Last edited by Karnikula on Mar 5, 2016, 10:42:47 AM
I'm running all my Auras on Generosity Support. I just specced into Commander of Darkness, thinking that I would still get +20% to all Elemental Resistances.

"
You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% to all Elemental Resistances

It is ambiguous whether You have to be affected by Auras to get the +20% Ele Res. The subsentence "affected by your Auras" could either refer to "You and Allies" or just to "Allies". I'm not a native speaker, maybe this is clear to anyone with English as native language.

I really like how carefully chosen the wording is in almost all skill descriptions in PoE. This seems to be an exception.
Last edited by Timeclasp on Jun 11, 2016, 5:26:27 AM
There is a clearly-established naming convention for Resistance passives. If you were gaining Resistances without any condition, it would just say "+20% to all Elemental Resistances", no? :)

If 'You' and 'Allies affected by your Auras' were two separate concepts altogether, they'd be separated by comma's I believe (English is my second language too, so not entirely certain).
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If you were gaining Resistances without any condition, it would just say "+20% to all Elemental Resistances", no? :)

But then it would be missing the part that the allies only get it while being affected by your auras.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
If 'You' and 'Allies affected by your Auras' were two separate concepts altogether, they'd be separated by comma's I believe (English is my second language too, so not entirely certain).

I don't think there would be a comma...but in my opinion, the fact that we're both uncertain shows that it could be more clear.

This would be better: "You and Allies have +20% to all Elemental Resistances while affected by your Auras"
Last edited by Timeclasp on Jun 28, 2016, 9:49:20 AM
Indeed, the description is ambiguous. I think this should be brought to GGGs attention, they normally act if it's well reasoned.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If you were gaining Resistances without any condition, it would just say "+20% to all Elemental Resistances", no? :)

But then it would be missing the part that the allies only get it while being affected by your auras.

No it wouldn't. These would be on separate lines.
"+20% to all Elemental Resistances"
"Allies affected by your Auras gain +20% to all Elemental Resistances"

It's quite simple. And therefore unambiguous.

"
"
Vipermagi wrote:

I don't think there would be a comma...but in my opinion, the fact that we're both uncertain shows that it could be more clear.

This would be better: "You and Allies have +20% to all Elemental Resistances while affected by your Auras"

I agree that that would be better, but it's already fine for native english speakers.

But yeah, with reference to the original topic, I'm only running 5 auras on my SRS necromancer and even that is an excellent DPS boost with the new buff (the 2.2 values were much less impressive). The person who said it would be like an 8% relative damage increase is delusional--gaining attack speed and damage at the same time makes the total DPS scale quadratically. I only count 20% increased minion attack speed in the tree (with none available from jewels or elsewhere in the necromancer ascendancy), so a 30% increased minion attack speed and, let's say 8% more physical damage with that guy's 6 auras, results in 1.08 * 1.5/1.2 = 35% _more_ minion DPS. From a single node. Not to mention the extra SRS cast speed you give to yourself for the auras you don't cast with generosity. For anyone with 5 or more auras running SRS, Commander of Darkness is hands-down the best passive. (edit: okay, so if you're running haste it's less than 35% more, but it's still enormous. With a ton of aura passives, making haste that much better, it should still be at least 25% more damage in total. With no aura effectiveness passives it's 1.08*1.66/1.36 = 1.31x as much damage, a 31% more multiplier still. Attack speed is SUPER valuable for minions)
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 28, 2016, 10:54:04 AM
well you need to remeber that the attack speed from the tree is the smallest amount of possible attack speed you can get on minions

you can get 30 from a buffed hasted . 50ish from a vaal haste, 30 from an offering and even more from the now popular frenzy charges

to the point where i often dont even pick up the optional 12% attack speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info