Skills reveal - Frost Bomb and Orb of Storms

When you place down a lightning orb with one already in place, does it replace that one, or will there be two at the same time?
"
Kalystrasz wrote:
Why even bother using these Skills, for a fast paced Game these Skills look so slow. Why not improve Cold Snap, Shock Nova or Elemental Hit.

Ya, I felt like fp and spark kind of overshadowed the new skills in these demo videos. I get that frost bomb is supposed to complement other cold skills/attacks, but it seemed like spark was doing a better job than the lightning orb, and he was barely casting it.
Last edited by Darkfyre on Jan 28, 2016, 11:41:57 AM
I like the idea of LT anf lightning tendrils. Should be fun.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Cast_on_damage_taken+Orb_of_storms+knockback
saffell's_frame+stone_of_lawzhar+rainbowstrider
high_evasion+arrow_dancing

result

untouchable
edit: on a second preview, hit ratio too low to work:/

all in all skills doesn't seem for primary usage unless with CoC.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Jan 28, 2016, 12:02:35 PM
"
edgewood wrote:
Skills like this would be a great addition to the game if these two things changed about it:

1) Make it less about TONS of mobs and having to mow them down as fast as possible.
Right now leveling is about the same as racing run through the zones as fast as possible and kill large packs only if they are in your way. Speed is everything in this game. So stopping to wait for that orb to do its things means you wouldve been 1-2 packs ahead of it by then even if you can't 1 shot packs its still faster to just cast 2 bladefalls or shoot 2 lighting arrows etc than to cast a supporting skill. This is the same problem with manually casting curses. The Best builds in the game are also some of the most boring ones to play long term. - Solution is Much harder trash mobs but less of them so strategy in fighting comes into play and not just nuking them. But if you turn down the number of mobs and up their difficulty then their xp awards and loot would need to be adjusted so killing the 3 packs of new tuned mobs which would take say 3 mins is equal to facerolling the old trash in an equivalent period of time.

2) Gems slots are not plentiful enough to run more than 1 main skill effectively. There really isn't a lot of diversity in top builds from what I have played and seen. You have your main attack of 5-6l in your chest, and then its some combo of curse on hit, auras, cwdt, mobility. Some of my favorite playtime is when im leveling and don't pick anything specific to spec into and just throw skills in with 1-2 supports and mix them up. This can only be done early on when the skill's lack of supports doesn't hamper your clear speed. But its really quite fun to throw a fire trap and stormcall and toss a totem into a pack. - Solution to allow multiple attacks to exist on a single toon is a new support gem that acts as a placeholder in your main setup and then a second in another location such as a helm that would link that attack with those supports. It would basically be the same as just swapping the gem in your chest piece you wouldn't be able to make it into 7+ links so it wouldn't break anything it would just let you run with the ability to have multiple attacks that would be supported in a similar fashion. This would do TONS to add diversity. example cyclone and dualstrike could be linked in this fashion so you could use cyclone to clear the smaller mobs and then focus on the boss with a different skill.

I like this idea, it would be awesome.
In my opinion 'Orb of Storm' seems like a skill that will be used by many builds as it just hits everything an AOE and attacks for you... COD + Orb of Storm should be great!

I also don't think 'Frost Bomb' will be a skill that's going to be used very often. It just looks like a mimic of 'Cold Snap' but with a timer...
"You are a miracle, beloved. You are also a masochist and possibly an idiot. But you're my idiot." - Oni-Goroshi

- Iniquitous_
If we can use Curse on Hit with these they might be somewhat more useful. If they popped a temporal chains to keep monsters within the area of effect longer it could be seen as a poor man's double curse setup.

Otherwise I'm struggling to think up any real good use for this.
could someone tell me in short what drama involves Zenocide?

i have no clue what he did and why and such...

edit: nvm i saw why.

Not sure why the person said "ty 4 scam" though, it isn't nice but yeah zeno acted like a petty ass after that, somehow i was irritated by his voice pretty quick lol.

ty 4 map
ty 4 map
ty 4 map

/all my rage
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Last edited by Starball on Jan 28, 2016, 12:58:31 PM
Forst Bomb is the way how to lower cold resistance with no need for curse slot.

As for the Orb of Storms I am curious how it will work with Cast on Crit. Anyway I really like this combo concept.
Last edited by Langhun on Jan 28, 2016, 1:08:51 PM
"
Langhun wrote:
"
NipXile wrote:
This makes me wonder what kind of plans you have for the current speed of the game. Anyone who has played a build able to clear higher contet will stear away from any delayed skills, as it leaves to much downtime and honestly makes playing booring very quickly. The amount of mobs needed to be killed before you hit 90 (like you challenge us todo in talisman) just dont match the way the skill works.

I really miss how the game was earlier, when you actually choose your battles with care and went in and out of combat with a single pack, depenending on the situation. But if you try todo that and play with anyone, you'l be left behind after the first pack. These day's it's whirling into a pack with as much attack speed as you can, 1 hit and whirl away to the next pack. If you are a spellcaster, 1 spell should be enough to ether cull them or make sure your heralds finish the job for you. Basicaly a 1 click run around and win kind of thing. Frost Bomb simply does not fit this kind of gameplay, whom the majority of serius players play.

Orb of storms might se some use, as scaling up lightning damage is fairly doable with the current tools.

You could use it same way as a Wither against toughter foes. Otherwise I agree with opinion on speed running.

well, this is the thing, as you say, people use wither totems, people use flame totems, people use vaal stormcall, vaal spark even (as in not perm vaal spark, just an occasional pickle surprise deploy for bosses, boxes and horrible rooms), puncture traps, frostwalls... other skills like this DO get used. They dont disappear into some kind of clearspeed meta, anyone who isnt killing bosses in 3 seconds will get something from the double damage of deploying a second form of dps.

My standard arcer has pretty ferocious damage, it just chews down packs with 100s of ex of gear on. I still use vaal storm call on bosses, lockboxes, it gets used every single map. Im not 1 shotting Volcano Boss with arc, VSC is making that boss encounter and others like it significantly faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info