Skills reveal - Frost Bomb and Orb of Storms

More and more skills added... and yet no fixes for the problems of the existing ones...

Aside from that...
Too bad storm orb doesn't work like a lightning form of frost bomb. :S
It will be hard to run these gems efficiently with the limited amount of sockets, just my opinion.
Last edited by Crimsify on Jan 28, 2016, 9:50:50 AM
"
Seelenernter wrote:
More and more skills added... and yet no fixes for the problems of the existing ones...

^ this !
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
This makes me wonder what kind of plans you have for the current speed of the game. Anyone who has played a build able to clear higher contet will stear away from any delayed skills, as it leaves to much downtime and honestly makes playing booring very quickly. The amount of mobs needed to be killed before you hit 90 (like you challenge us todo in talisman) just dont match the way the skill works.

I really miss how the game was earlier, when you actually choose your battles with care and went in and out of combat with a single pack, depenending on the situation. But if you try todo that and play with anyone, you'l be left behind after the first pack. These day's it's whirling into a pack with as much attack speed as you can, 1 hit and whirl away to the next pack. If you are a spellcaster, 1 spell should be enough to ether cull them or make sure your heralds finish the job for you. Basicaly a 1 click run around and win kind of thing. Frost Bomb simply does not fit this kind of gameplay, whom the majority of serius players play.

Orb of storms might se some use, as scaling up lightning damage is fairly doable with the current tools.
"
Kaysee wrote:
"
As a side note, I'll be a guest on the State of Exile podcast next week! Check out twitch.tv/zenocidegenius for more information

No thanks, as commented here: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/40elu9/zenos_how_to_trade_etiquette/

"
...I won't be tuning in to SoE Podcast in the future if he is part of it.

GGG don't need scumbags like this "championing" their game.
Why make new skills when other arent balanced at all?
"
NipXile wrote:
This makes me wonder what kind of plans you have for the current speed of the game. Anyone who has played a build able to clear higher contet will stear away from any delayed skills, as it leaves to much downtime and honestly makes playing booring very quickly. The amount of mobs needed to be killed before you hit 90 (like you challenge us todo in talisman) just dont match the way the skill works.

I really miss how the game was earlier, when you actually choose your battles with care and went in and out of combat with a single pack, depenending on the situation. But if you try todo that and play with anyone, you'l be left behind after the first pack. These day's it's whirling into a pack with as much attack speed as you can, 1 hit and whirl away to the next pack. If you are a spellcaster, 1 spell should be enough to ether cull them or make sure your heralds finish the job for you. Basicaly a 1 click run around and win kind of thing. Frost Bomb simply does not fit this kind of gameplay, whom the majority of serius players play.

Orb of storms might se some use, as scaling up lightning damage is fairly doable with the current tools.

You could use it same way as a Wither against toughter foes. Otherwise I agree with opinion on speed running.
This will "improve" some single target dmg problems for casters that have good AoE reach. Dumping down resist in addition to curse is always nice. Since it won't work on weapon swap (i would seriously daubt that) it will be just the 3rd gem on Flamedash shield link.

btw, as mentioned by Langhun, it's just a Wither in disguise
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
A quick QoL idea re Orb of Storms: Have some way to indicate whether another orb exists. In the video, the orb went off screen, so you have no idea if you can place a new one or not... I can see that getting frustrating! Also, currently if you run far enough away from a totem to "unload" it, it will never expire. Again, if you're limited to one, this could render the skill unusable. If I've understood the mechanics of this limit wrong, then please disregard what I've just said!

Side note: Skills look very original and cool, fairly useful. However, cooldowns are super annoying to me, it means I can't have the skills always in the correct position. I also think these skills will only be useful for bosses/big rares, which is fine, but there are many bosses where trying to stand in an Orb is going to get you killed, or the boss will just move away from the Bomb and then it's useless... Interesting stuff, but pretty certain I personally won't use them :(
Why even bother using these Skills, for a fast paced Game these Skills look so slow. Why not improve Cold Snap, Shock Nova or Elemental Hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info