[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

yeah whenever you have mechanics that say "do or get something on kill" you need to use southbound gloves to bypass it for traps and totems

As far as expensiveness of ES gear goes, yeah you're going to have not great ES at the start of the league, some cheap options that can help you boost your ES a bit:

250~ ES helm can be bought for few chaos

450~ ES chest shouldn't be more than few chaos

Auxium for belt

350~ ES shield shouldn't cost more than few chaos

150~ es boots are also a chaos or two

get as much flat ES on rings as you can and maybe use 2 energy from within, one near melding and one near Blood drinker in shadow area

you should have around 1600 flat ES with discipline with this kind of gear

if the damage is good focus on ES nodes for now and try to get your ES percent from the tree to 300% when intelligence bonus is added

that should give your around 7,5k ES which would be enough to farm low lvl maps and atziri until you can get better gear

use resist jewels if you need, you can get ton of resists on jewels for cheap, i bought 2 that give me over 40% total resists for 1 chaos each and that's how i supplement terrible gear
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 8, 2016, 8:08:29 AM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
yeah whenever you have mechanics that say "do or get something on kill" you need to use southbound gloves to bypass it for traps and totems

Would that mean Southbound Gloves would make use of the new passive "ELEMENTAL OVERLOAD" ?
Because I went there for nothing - I didnt know it doesnt work with traps and totems.

Would this work with southbound gloves ?
And would it be worth, because its only "more elemetal damage" ?

Thanks for your help in advance
Nagash

Last edited by Nágash on Mar 8, 2016, 8:31:48 AM
no southbound wouldn't proc elemental overload

Only thing that southbound does is make sure that the poison kills the enemy

same thing would be if you were running a fire trap build with southbound, burn would always kill the enemy

and damage over time always counts as coming from you, not the traps for some reason(dont ask why it's just coded like that)

it's a neat way to bypass in cases of "on kill" effects but when it says "when you deal a critical strike" it still means you have to deal the critical strike

and elemental overload is useless if yo do no elemental damage anyways

IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 8, 2016, 3:51:42 PM
Spoiler
"
Justifi3d wrote:

As far as expensiveness of ES gear goes, yeah you're going to have not great ES at the start of the league, some cheap options that can help you boost your ES a bit:

250~ ES helm can be bought for few chaos

450~ ES chest shouldn't be more than few chaos

Auxium for belt

350~ ES shield shouldn't cost more than few chaos

150~ es boots are also a chaos or two

get as much flat ES on rings as you can and maybe use 2 energy from within, one near melding and one near Blood drinker in shadow area

you should have around 1600 flat ES with discipline with this kind of gear

if the damage is good focus on ES nodes for now and try to get your ES percent from the tree to 300% when intelligence bonus is added

that should give your around 7,5k ES which would be enough to farm low lvl maps and atziri until you can get better gear

use resist jewels if you need, you can get ton of resists on jewels for cheap, i bought 2 that give me over 40% total resists for 1 chaos each and that's how i supplement terrible gear

So with ~7k ES I can fully go to CI?
Quick question regarding your uber run. Can you please tell me your links for everything (not including chest piece). I feel like im running the wrong auras, and curses.
hello Justified wich secondary skill can i use ? to not spam only traps and may be a better 1vs1 boss skill
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
I didn't swap any gems or gear for uber runs, build was strong enough that you could just do whatever

all the links in my gear are relevant for uber

although in hindsight i should have ran blasphemy instead of Grace, and use a spell dmg dagger for boss fights because prolif is irrelevant there and damage on Bino's is like non existant

you could buy a 80+ spell damage dagger for cheap since you dont need crit and craft %damage over time Leo mod on it and it would be GG for atziri fights

i guess replacing bear trap for wither totem is also a wise choice not because of damage so much but because totem can draw aggro away from you

i'll be doing a lot of uber runs and testing setups very soon, i plan to start leveling sometime tomorrow and ill make a full uber guide once i test everything

but for now you can't really go wrong with anything as long as you have enough es not to get oneshot, damage will be there regardless of what amplifiers you use

@xtothez

if you really want you could still use bear trap, especially if you're occultist and going the standard route with bino's proliferation, you will ocassionally need an extra trap here and there

if you're saboteur with chain reaction cluster trap and all the cooldown you get i don't think you need any extra skill

It's up to you to test what it feels good

Almost anyone i've talked to that tried this build put their own little spin on it and changed it to suit their style

Some run blasphemy, some don't run Bino's at all, some run wither totem, some run bear trap

just try out a few maps and see if you like the new setup that you came up with and you can always switch back :)

@LTU_Edga

yeah 7k ES will be enough for low lvl maps as long as you have high roll Rumi's and a good Jade flask
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Mar 8, 2016, 5:11:12 PM
So you're saying i can trash my bino's :o? Can you give me some mods that i should look for, int he spell dagger?
hello Justified wich secondary skill can i use ? to not spam only traps and may be a better 1vs1 boss skill
not bear trap , is another trap skill .
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
I did some limited cluster trap testing on standard and the aoe is good enough to not need prolif even without increased aoe gem and only witch aoe cluster

So yeah if you don't need the prolif anymore all you're left with is 30% dot dagger

would you use a 30% dot dagger if you didn't need it? xD

@tothez

tothez rallying cry, enduring cry, abyssal cry, wither + spell totem, you can even manually curse vulnerability if you want to

pick your poison

Bladefall is the bosskiller dude, everything melts
IGN JustifiedF

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info