[2.4] CI Bladefall Trapper - High tier mapping - EV/ES/Block - Updating for 2.4.

"
RainingTears wrote:
just a short comment: you take 6 6% es nodes in the middle of the tree.
If u take unnatural calm at the witch area coming from the bottom you get:
30int(=6%es) and 30%es for 6 points giving u additional +1lightningres and the 15% es recharge.

you need 7 nodes for that you probably missed the one above jewel slot, i also take Scion wheel nodes at very late levels(past 90) so the psychological impact of actually getting something for a node thats not 10 int comes into play at least for me, i think last league i only took 3 or 4 nodes of the wheel

"
oRieLLi wrote:
How much important is chain reaction for clearing map? I never played a trapper so I really have no idea about it xD
I'm asking it cause I always play HC and Occultist es+regen is very good, also for uber lab run.
Also the dps of occultist seems higher, is chain reaction that strong?

chain reaction is absolutely amazing, you can "simulate" the feel with Sunblast but you'll have to take it off for bosses and use other belts because you don't want your traps triggering prematurely, Saboteur also gives invaluable trap cooldown and no matter what you do for pure mapping it's gonna be better

however you're correct about Occultist having better nodes overall for single target and boss fighting in general

if you want to kill Shaper with the build Occultist is better, if you can't wait to do all the maps and care about that more go with Saboteur

"
Brenovisky wrote:
Hi!

This build can be used since the beginning of the league? I ask because i still dont know how to farm properly in the game, so, would be a nice thing if this build could farm by own ways.

Ty! Sorry my bad english! :)

you are easy to understand don't worry :)

there are better builds to start the league with, and if you don't have a lot of time first week(at minimum 4+ hours) i would advise you to pick some cheap starter build

however i started last league with this build in hopes of farming Uber Izaro and Council(both turned out to be pretty meh and boring) and i have a section in the first post with advices on how to get started on a budget and also showcase of gear i used on a very tight budget(1-2 ex total) until level 88-90 when i started upgrading piece by piece

before you start doing t13+ content you don't really need much and even Deerstalkers are enough

IGN JustifiedF
"
chain reaction is absolutely amazing, you can "simulate" the feel with Sunblast but you'll have to take it off for bosses and use other belts because you don't want your traps triggering prematurely, Saboteur also gives invaluable trap cooldown and no matter what you do for pure mapping it's gonna be better

however you're correct about Occultist having better nodes overall for single target and boss fighting in general

if you want to kill Shaper with the build Occultist is better, if you can't wait to do all the maps and care about that more go with Saboteur

Thanks for the answer, without chain traps don't trigger? You throw 5 traps each time right? I'm very experienced but I never played trapper so I'm really in the dark about every mechanic

edit: how important is Master Sapper? I'm a perfectionist on build tree and those 8 points to get there are burning my eyes xD
Last edited by oRieLLi on Sep 1, 2016, 7:55:05 PM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
"
Brenovisky wrote:
Hi!

This build can be used since the beginning of the league? I ask because i still dont know how to farm properly in the game, so, would be a nice thing if this build could farm by own ways.

Ty! Sorry my bad english! :)

you are easy to understand don't worry :)

there are better builds to start the league with, and if you don't have a lot of time first week(at minimum 4+ hours) i would advise you to pick some cheap starter build

however i started last league with this build in hopes of farming Uber Izaro and Council(both turned out to be pretty meh and boring) and i have a section in the first post with advices on how to get started on a budget and also showcase of gear i used on a very tight budget(1-2 ex total) until level 88-90 when i started upgrading piece by piece

before you start doing t13+ content you don't really need much and even Deerstalkers are enough

Ok! Ty for your answer, i will try it since the beginning. Last league i've started with LL, that choice was so bad, thats why im asking about the early farm. Idk, in truth, a good way to farm easy at the start of the league, but i heard about the Ubber Lab, and thats what i want to try.
Its been a hot minute since I have played a BF trapper and this build looks rock solid. I was definitely going to start the league with this since, from what i remember, deerstalkers are relatively inexpensive and like you said can carry you pretty far. Wont be able to play until next week, should there be any problems starting this up in the beginning seeing as ill have let the market have some time to stabilize? ( I use 'stabilize' lightly)

Edit: aaaaaaaand the posts above cover this....
Last edited by jesusjonesc4 on Sep 1, 2016, 9:50:54 PM
"
Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time.

Is build now ded?

(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228 at bottom with mine changes)
not dead but thats straight 39% less damage nerf which is going to be pretty big for single target

Eh i'm kinda baffled by these last minute changes

I also don't understand why they killed a lot of other trap builds that are going to be impacted much more because they weren't already dealing overkill damage

Very weird, eh
IGN JustifiedF
"
Justifi3d wrote:
not dead but thats straight 39% less damage nerf which is going to be pretty big for single target

I also don't understand why they killed a lot of other trap builds that are going to be impacted much more because they weren't already dealing overkill damage

Very weird, eh

I just played this build yesterday just to get a feeling about it and it felt pretty damn good.

But with the changes to the Trap's damage modifier, is there a better way to play not only the leveling part with Bear trap - poison but also with Bladefall - trap damage - poison - Multitrap/Cluster?

I was really looking forward to trying this - but now it seems like the nerf just got real.

Cheers
"
Justifi3d wrote:

Very weird, eh

I was planning on doing this build, guess I'll have to change now. I really liked this build. But ggg is determined to kill any fun builds out there. Anyway I think single target is pretty important in the new league with the new bosses and all. CRAP

Flame dash trap it is ? :)
So, the build is really dead?
How hard is the nerf in reality?

Before 2.4 we had like 3-5 times more dmg then needed on trash and about 2 times more on bosses. What now?
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info