Guide to level 100 from 92 for bad players

"
H4xolotl wrote:
This is a poor guide.

It's just a bunch of semi-relevant anecdotes & no real strategies to help players level

To level from 92 to 100 you don't require a guide. It is an open secret that the top streamers always throws you in the face. All you need is a fast killing build and sufficient "psychological stamina" to run incessantly maps tier 8 to 10.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
H4xolotl wrote:
This is a poor guide.

It's just a bunch of semi-relevant anecdotes & no real strategies to help players level

it was funny to read tho!
"If we don't end wars, wars will end us."
There's some good stuff in here. I hit Lv 92 with my best character months ago and didn't seem inclined to take her past it. I then took a backup character to Lv 94 recently and while quite the chore - I did a lot of what the OP mentions. My plan is to eventually take her to 95 as it feels like a good place to stop.

In fact I was going to create a post about it - but make it more humorous based on what I had to do to get there....okay, it's in the works...;)

"
Actkqk wrote:
"
H4xolotl wrote:
This is a poor guide.

To level from 92 to 100 you don't require a guide. It is an open secret that the top streamers always throws you in the face. All you need is a fast killing build and sufficient "psychological stamina" to run incessantly maps tier 8 to 10.

^ That is the truth. By the time you are 92, you already know how to level and how to progress. It's a mind game at this point because of the way GGG sadly believes reducing player exp exponentially is a way to retain them without dealing with real end game issues like a proper economy..., by delaying their effort to hit 100 it will somehow give them more satisfaction? It simply makes it a chore
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Given 92 is the average level most players stop at

WOW, nice stats man.
Do you know that onlty 45% of people who played poe on steam killed brutus? And 1,4% reach level 90 as a non-Hardcore character? I'm playing poe for over 3 years and my max lvl is 90.

How to get high level?
- learn from your and other player mistaks. If map boss kills you don't ask GGG to nerf it but learn how to kill boss next time. There is too much stuff that can kill you to learn it from 1 thread. Don't know what killed you? post thread on forum and describe map mods, link your gear, etc.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jan 20, 2016, 12:59:21 PM
This speaks to me having been stuck at <5% at Lv 93 for two days now...
You need to somehow stay awake past level 95. How is a mystery for me.
"
Ioite wrote:
You need to somehow stay awake past level 95. How is a mystery for me.

I don't think you actually have to do it all in one go ;)
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
Actkqk wrote:

I dont have this kind of stamina:
1. playing the same character over and over again, always the same maps
2. having multiple high level characters until some changes in the game mechanics screwing 3 of 4
3. playing awake? usually I come home, wasted my "good times" for work.
4. maps drops

It is hard for me to keep up the will to get beyond 92.
Maybe when I have have 10 characters lvl 92 I will start grinding to 93. :D

ign: fanimala
Last edited by fanimala on Jan 20, 2016, 4:24:22 PM
I must admit... I'm a lousy player. Bad player, but extremely bad, bad bad bad bad XD
But I have a level 94 Marauder (currently 70% and going up). I'm used to playing slow things so that's no problem. The problem is not the maps, always I have a few and that is enough. The biggest problem is the absurd changes that occasionally GGG makes. To these cost me to adapt...

The boredom is combated with different build on the same character. For a month I can be a dual totem Marauder and the next month I can be a Mjolner Discharger, and the next month a EA Marauder with quill rain... The regrets for modifications are obtained without much problem. That is the good of PoE. A character can be many things without lose effectivity.
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info