Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts v3.18.0 - OUTDATED

Would like a levelling caster version for the 233 if possible (Just rolled an ED witch). Thanks!
Sure you can have it. Check the Download folder. ;)

I just published the v 2.3.4.

It has a few minor but nice improvements for endgame.

You can also really easily make it your self with Filtration or customize it further. Especially for non caster races. You can also change the colors or color theme very easily.
I think I'll make a video about customization next week.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Thanks for this, like it very much =D
Im trying to figure out what the caster levelling version hides compared to the normal levelling version. I'm only lvl 30, but Im still seeing EV and armor stuff, so just wondering. Thanks again for the filter, too.. Really enjoy it.
@taosk8r

Any armour base can be good for a caster as all we need is life and resists. The caster version only hides non caster weapons, and quivers (only normal and magic) compared to the normal leveling version that also displays all weapons with a progression.

If you have any other questions feel free to shoot.

@gluttons

<3

Last edited by Greengroove on Oct 3, 2016, 8:13:39 PM
Still feels weird sometimes after 2 leagues of using Neversinks, but overall it's a lot better. It filters MUCH more trash, that with Neversink I'd skip anyway, and pretty much every time a piece of shiny pops up on my screen, it's something I want to pick up.

I very much like that I can easily pick up scrolls when I want, and they're not much in the way when I don't.

The colors feel natural, and at first I thought the sounds would be a bit spammy, but they don't feel overwhelming at all.

Holy shit, so good!
I am happy to hear that!

I was very busy updating the current beta version in the last few days. It introduces quite a lot of improvements (quality of life) mostly to the endgame. The Change log describes all the changes in detail.

The current published Beta 2.4.1d is stable. In general it is suggested for anyone who plays very high maps. It will use less sounds and display less things in general. Mostly in T15 maps, but there are some other changes as well.

As usual the script is extremely versatile and configurable with Filtration. I will make a video shortly to demonstrate the true power of this script (Block Group Browser).

Any feedback is very welcome. Please let me know if you think something should be changed or if you do in fact use the script and modify it. Any info I get can potentially bring improvements.

Peace!
Now that I did some maps, I feel confused at the sounds. I noticed that map drops (like tier 7) that I don't want to pick up, have the same sound as Chaos Orb, which are very good pickups. Makes it confusing to tell by just sound what dropped. Personally, I prefer having different sounds for different types of items, like currency, maps, rares, than for different tiers of value.
Last edited by Orlpar on Oct 20, 2016, 11:53:50 AM
"
Orlpar wrote:
Now that I did some maps, I feel confused at the sounds. I noticed that map drops (like tier 7) that I don't want to pick up, have the same sound as Chaos Orb, which are very good pickups. Makes it confusing to tell by just sound what dropped. Personally, I prefer having different sounds for different types of items, like currency, maps, rares, than for different tiers of value.

I see your point. The idea is that you want to pick up some lower maps for the Chisel recipe. Otherwise you can still vendor them for a +1 map. That's why the sound. As of now I use the T3 sound for all yellow maps. I think it's more intuitive this way.

That being said. What level of maps do you think would be the lowest appropriate for that sound?

You can check the "Sound" spoiler in "Help" section on the bottom to see all sounds listed. The basic idea is written there. 4 tiers of sounds and 2 extra sounds.

If there's any other things let me know and I'll look into them.

*EDIT: Also consider the point of view for someone who is leveling.
Last edited by Greengroove on Oct 20, 2016, 12:24:42 PM
"
Greengroove wrote:

I see your point. The idea is that you want to pick up some lower maps for the Chisel recipe. Otherwise you can still vendor them for a +1 map. That's why the sound. As of now I use the T3 sound for all yellow maps. I think it's more intuitive this way.

That being said. What level of maps do you think would be the lowest appropriate for that sound?

You can check the "Sound" spoiler in "Help" section on the bottom to see all sounds listed. The basic idea is written there. 4 tiers of sounds and 2 extra sounds.

If there's any other things let me know and I'll look into them.

*EDIT: Also consider the point of view for someone who is leveling.

Think a good way of doing it is putting a very brief (low tier) sound for all maps till t10, this way someone who's still concerned with leveling can just take notice when any map drops, someone who wants chisels will still get a notification, and player who are deeper into the mapping can completely ignore the low tier sound. Too many sounds/sound tiers in a loot filer make it hard to read, I think sounds should just be a notification saying "hey, something of this type dropped!" rather than "hey, a specific tier of valuable dropped!". This way, when players often seek for speficific drops say - currency, map, rares - can quickly learn to identify the drops based on sound. With your way of doing sounds, I can never know if the boing sound was a chaos orb or a map that I'm not interested in, making me have to check constantly.

/edit

Another thing I've found is, for general mapping - just running through maps - your filter fits me better than Neversink's. I very much enjoy large fonts for easier clicks and readibility. When I came to doing stuff like monstrous treasure or double beyond though, it became very unclear. While Neversinks (I'm gonna compare different aspects to that, since that's what I've been using for the longest time) highlights different item types with many contrasting colors, I can easily sweep the currency that dropped from the lootsplosion, I can get the best maps and such, and then start to be picky about other items say rares. Your filter makes those big piles better filtered - yes - but the large font and pink everywhere makes it less readable. The wisdom scrolls in those situations cover majority of the screen, and I can't quickly see which one of the pink-bordered stuff is chaos orb or a rare, the first being of interest to me, the second not so much. I've grown accustomed to responding to colors of the background to read what dropped, not the actual item names, which I do only after clearing up the pile based on colors.
Last edited by Orlpar on Oct 20, 2016, 12:42:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info